Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Great blocking by our O-Line

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Both lines (Offense and Defense) looked much improved last night. The pocket they were giving Brees was nothing short of incredible. The run blocking late in the second half "looked" more spotty, but in reality Sean Payton was calling a ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 09:40 AM   #21
100th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 406
Re: Great blocking by our O-Line

Both lines (Offense and Defense) looked much improved last night. The pocket they were giving Brees was nothing short of incredible. The run blocking late in the second half "looked" more spotty, but in reality Sean Payton was calling a very conservative game to move the clock. Not hard to play D against an offense that you KNOW is going to run every play. I'll give them a pass for what appeared to be a late game fall-off, due to that fact.
FrenzyFan is offline  
Old 10-15-2007, 01:45 PM   #22
The Professor
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lithonia, GA
Posts: 1,727
Re: Great blocking by our O-Line

Originally Posted by JOESAM2002 View Post
Now, I understand. NOTHING makes you happy.
JOESAM,

All Euph has been saying is that the Saints need a top notch line on both sides of the ball to be consistenly competitive. The Haz regieme drafted top linemen. Check out this draft tracker:

NFL Draft Tracker New Orleans Saints, 1995 to 2007 - FF Today

From 2000-2005 a lineman was drafted in either the first or second round (with the exception of 2001). In the last 2 drafts no linemen have been drafted in the top two rounds.

The only problem I have with Euph's stance is that nothing can be done about it now 5 games into the season. It's an off season issue. Let's get a letter writing campaign going in February and March.

Right now the only thing to figure out is how to best utilize the players that we currently have on the roster for maximum performance. How can a line with only one potential pro bowler be effective?

SFIAH

Super Bowl Championships New Orleans Saints:1, Atlanta:0, Carolina:0

Life is good.
SaintFanInATLHELL is offline  
Old 10-15-2007, 01:58 PM   #23
Pink Nightmare
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 3,015
Blog Entries: 7
Re: Great blocking by our O-Line

Originally Posted by papz View Post
2 straight games... 0 sacks.
Good point out papz.

THIS team, just played their best game of the year. Was it perfect....no, but, I saw alot of improvement. If they continue to play this way and, AND get better, we will be just fine. This first win should be the cure they need. to start fixing in-house problems.

Why be negative about this win?????? Hell, we won! Let's party like it's 1999!
SapperSaint is offline  
Old 10-15-2007, 02:10 PM   #24
The Professor
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lithonia, GA
Posts: 1,727
Re: Great blocking by our O-Line

Originally Posted by SapperSaint View Post
Why be negative about this win?????? Hell, we won! Let's party like it's 1999!
I'll be Euph's PR guy today.

It's a band-aid fix. Wins will never be consistent. The line needs to vastly improve in talent in order to be effective long term. Don't let a single win cover up the real problems.

How close am I to the mark Euph?

SFIAH
SaintFanInATLHELL is offline  
Old 10-15-2007, 02:37 PM   #25
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,942
Re: Great blocking by our O-Line

Originally Posted by SaintFanInATLHELL View Post
I'll be Euph's PR guy today.

It's a band-aid fix. Wins will never be consistent. The line needs to vastly improve in talent in order to be effective long term. Don't let a single win cover up the real problems.

How close am I to the mark Euph?

SFIAH
If we continue to rack up wins, yield 0 sacks, and pound the ball up the middle... he might have to hire you to be a permanent one.
papz is offline  
Old 10-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #26
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CRYSTAL BEACH TEXAS
Posts: 4,100
Re: Great blocking by our O-Line

Originally Posted by SaintFanInATLHELL View Post
JOESAM,

All Euph has been saying is that the Saints need a top notch line on both sides of the ball to be consistenly competitive. The Haz regieme drafted top linemen. Check out this draft tracker:

NFL Draft Tracker New Orleans Saints, 1995 to 2007 - FF Today

From 2000-2005 a lineman was drafted in either the first or second round (with the exception of 2001). In the last 2 drafts no linemen have been drafted in the top two rounds.

The only problem I have with Euph's stance is that nothing can be done about it now 5 games into the season. It's an off season issue. Let's get a letter writing campaign going in February and March.

Right now the only thing to figure out is how to best utilize the players that we currently have on the roster for maximum performance. How can a line with only one potential pro bowler be effective?

SFIAH
I just get tired of all the griping about something we can't do anything about. We have drafted linemen, maybe not where some think they should be drafted, but I go on the thought that most, if not all these coachs and GM's know more about these players than I do. I agree that our lines need to play better. i don't think you'd find many on this board that don't agree with that, but Jesus, does it have to be in every thread?

I'll be better next week, I'm taking a few days off and going to Vegas. Maybe I won't even look at this board. It would help to hear some positive comments from time to time though.

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt!!!!!

"Every time you think, you weaken the nation!" Moe Howard...The Three Stooges.
JOESAM2002 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts