Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Question for Saints fans

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by CantonLegend their defense wins their games......not brett favre I know...I think it was their MLB that hit Lewis in the back of the endzone to pull that game out against the 49ers....

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 06:11 AM   #11
Deuce
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,888
Re: ? for Saints fans

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
their defense wins their games......not brett favre
I know...I think it was their MLB that hit Lewis in the back of the endzone to pull that game out against the 49ers.
Saint_LB is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 07:34 AM   #12
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 68
Re: Question for Saints fans

For once I can not make a homer pick. SAINTS are without a doubt THE best team, and the keyword is team. You will not find a better complete team in the NFL right now. Proof is in the pudding. Sweet, sweet yummy pudding.
Saintlyone is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 09:06 AM   #13
Site Donor 2016
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,979
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Question for Saints fans

The Colts maybe but the Broncos got a couple of big breaks and the Vikings well their like the Notre Dame of the NFL this year, getting all the breaks and calls. The defense for the Vikings is very suspect. The teams they've faced so far are only 11-23. Baltimore should have beat them, as well as San Francisco, but Pittsburgh will today. Favre is an average QB who got lucky when his receiver caught that hail Mary in the end zone in week one.
CheramieIII is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Richland, MS.
Posts: 2,003
Re: Question for Saints fans

Right now, I have to say the Saints. They are 5-0, and all games were blowout wins. The thing that worries me is maybe the Saints have peaked already. It's not normal to beat up on teams the way the Saints have so far.
MatthewT is online now  
Old 10-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #15
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 2,680
Blog Entries: 2
Re: ? for Saints fans

Originally Posted by Saint_LB View Post
I know...I think it was their MLB that hit Lewis in the back of the endzone to pull that game out against the 49ers.
sure.....you can say the one play that actually won it was the last second pass to the endzone......but if you watch the games you'll notice that its not brett favre winning those games......ball carriers like QBs, RBs, and WRs always get credit for wins.....knowing and figuring out who actually wins the game isnt easy if you're only watching highlights off ESPN
CantonLegend is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 10:56 AM   #16
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,560
Blog Entries: 3
Re: ? for Saints fans

Originally Posted by CantonLegend View Post
sure.....you can say the one play that actually won it was the last second pass to the endzone......but if you watch the games you'll notice that its not brett favre winning those games......ball carriers like QBs, RBs, and WRs always get credit for wins.....knowing and figuring out who actually wins the game isnt easy if you're only watching highlights off ESPN
What happened to "there's no I in team"?? lol
saintsfan1976 is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 11:26 AM   #17
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 21,590
Blog Entries: 29
Re: Question for Saints fans

Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
Right now, I have to say the Saints. They are 5-0, and all games were blowout wins. The thing that worries me is maybe the Saints have peaked already. It's not normal to beat up on teams the way the Saints have so far.
New England did it in their 18-1 season as well as the greatest show on turf.
SmashMouth is offline  
Old 10-25-2009, 09:15 PM   #18
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fairbanks, AK
Posts: 2,086
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Question for Saints fans

Originally Posted by CheramieIII View Post
Favre is an average QB who got lucky when his receiver caught that hail Mary in the end zone in week one.
C'mon Cheramie, give the old man his due. That was a terrific pass right where the WR could catch it. He tore up the Packers and has played very well this year.

On topic, the Saints showed a lot today. What an impressive showing beating a team when they're up by 21. The Saints are the best team in the NFL.
iceshack149 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts