Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Got some of my superbowl merch today

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; and ive never been so disappointed in my life. i ordered the bundle pack from nfl.com and the hat is by far the worst hat ive ever seen. you can tell 90% of the hat was made prior to the ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 807
Got some of my superbowl merch today

and ive never been so disappointed in my life. i ordered the bundle pack from nfl.com and the hat is by far the worst hat ive ever seen. you can tell 90% of the hat was made prior to the game being played. the "champions" and "superbowl" logos are all sewn on and look sharp. the other 10% happens to be the fleur de lis and its glued (yes glued!) onto the front of the hat. they basically waited til the game was over to glue the emblem of the winning team onto the front.

i called and complained and the phone representative laughed about it when i told him what i was looking at and admitted it was ridiculous and said i should return it. he also said it couldve been part of the first run just so they could get some out in a hurry. if anyone receives one thats sewn and not glued, can you please let me know so i can reorder, i do not want this generic looking hat in my collection.
WVSaint is offline  
Latest Blogs


Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


Old 02-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,864
Re: Got some of my superbowl merch today

What!

A friend of mine who lives in LV wants to order it for his Saints collection.

I will pass that info on to him.
OldMaid is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 12:34 AM   #3
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,775
Re: Got some of my superbowl merch today

That sucks !!! I haven't gotten mine yet.

Last edited by QBREES9; 02-13-2010 at 12:42 AM..
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 12:38 AM   #4
Mrs. Drew Brees
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Who Dat Nation (by way of South Dakota)
Posts: 2,283
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Got some of my superbowl merch today

Me either. I hope mine isn't half-assed put together when I get it.
breesfan27 is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 12:44 AM   #5
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,775
Re: Got some of my superbowl merch today

Imagine Peyton as a kid in New Orleans, always dreaming of throwing the winning TD for the Saints, in the Super Bowl. Well Sunday, he finally did it!!!!!!

breesfan27. that is some funny stuff right there
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 12:52 AM   #6
Mrs. Drew Brees
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Who Dat Nation (by way of South Dakota)
Posts: 2,283
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Got some of my superbowl merch today

Haha! A friend of mine had it as his status on FB. Classic!
breesfan27 is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #7
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Orlando,FL
Posts: 1,370
Re: Got some of my superbowl merch today

Originally Posted by WVSaint View Post
and ive never been so disappointed in my life. i ordered the bundle pack from nfl.com and the hat is by far the worst hat ive ever seen. you can tell 90% of the hat was made prior to the game being played. the "champions" and "superbowl" logos are all sewn on and look sharp. the other 10% happens to be the fleur de lis and its glued (yes glued!) onto the front of the hat. they basically waited til the game was over to glue the emblem of the winning team onto the front.

i called and complained and the phone representative laughed about it when i told him what i was looking at and admitted it was ridiculous and said i should return it. he also said it couldve been part of the first run just so they could get some out in a hurry. if anyone receives one thats sewn and not glued, can you please let me know so i can reorder, i do not want this generic looking hat in my collection.
How are the rest of the items?
subguy is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 114
Re: Got some of my superbowl merch today

I just got my shirt in the mail today. Looks real nice.
acekilla89 is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #9
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockley, Tx
Posts: 1,458
Re: Got some of my superbowl merch today

Looked at the sideline hat at a sports store and all of the fleur de lis were glued on the front. Some were off center and some had the sides of the patch not firmly glued down. I'm still going to get the hat but I might take it to a place or have my wife sew the patch on. Looks like it was a generic hat and they waitied till the game was over and started glueing stuff on to meet the demand.
lynwood is offline  
Old 02-13-2010, 07:45 PM   #10
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 5,064
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Got some of my superbowl merch today

I got my NFC Championship hat, Superbowl Hat, a WHODAT shirt, Limited Edition NFC plaque and still waiting on my Limited Edition Superbowl plaque.
CheramieIII is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts