Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Does it worry any of you about Saints Org Poker face after a Superbowl win?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; I would prefer to gain a quality LB like Fujita rather than lose him. So yes it is a bit of a concern. The money it would have taken to keep him was peanuts compartively speaking. Just something to consider. ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 12:55 PM   #11
Cake or Death?
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,484
Re: Does it worry any of you about Saints Org Poker face after a Superbowl win?

I would prefer to gain a quality LB like Fujita rather than lose him. So yes it is a bit of a concern. The money it would have taken to keep him was peanuts compartively speaking.

Just something to consider. If Fujita would have played for the Browns the past couple of years then won the Superbowl with them. I would have to think that most of us would be excited to then sign him in free agency.

So from a fans perspective it sucks. From a GMs perspective I guess not so much.
exile is offline  
Latest Blogs
Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 03-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #12
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: Does it worry any of you about Saints Org Poker face after a Superbowl win?

Originally Posted by exile View Post
I would prefer to gain a quality LB like Fujita rather than lose him. So yes it is a bit of a concern. The money it would have taken to keep him was peanuts compartively speaking.

Just something to consider. If Fujita would have played for the Browns the past couple of years then won the Superbowl with them. I would have to think that most of us would be excited to then sign him in free agency.

So from a fans perspective it sucks. From a GMs perspective I guess not so much.
Good point...im sure the Brownie fans do feel that way..and they should they got a quality football player..now we have to find someone on the roster ..draft..or free agency to fill his shoes..I dont think people on here realize how much Fujita helped our team...
strato is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:16 PM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 2,953
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Does it worry any of you about Saints Org Poker face after a Superbowl win?

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
Think of a tender as a place holder.
The Saints have too many RFAs to work contracts with all of them in a matter of days. Placing tenders on them allows Loomis to work contracts on a priority basis (should the FO want to sign the player to a multi-year deal). Should another team offer a Saints RFA a contract, since the Saints would have a right to match it, Loomis' work would be reduced to reviewing the offered contract and decide "yes" or "no", rather than going through the motions of negociating the contract.
Well said sir. There are just too many FA's this year to make it all happen. Remember guys, we are the 3rd richest team in the NFL which means we have plenty of money to spend. It will all get worked out by the time camp starts.
B_Dub_Saint is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #14
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Haughton, LA
Posts: 24
Re: Does it worry any of you about Saints Org Poker face after a Superbowl win?

Do you guys think that if the Saints won 3 super bowls in 4 years you would still find something to piss and moan about? My God, give them some time, freaking free agency just started and we have a ton of free agents. Just because it is an uncapped year doesn't mean everyone is going on a spending spree. The Bears are the only ones spending money right now and last time I checked Julius Peppers can't play quarter back. Give it a rest.
Nwlasaint is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #15
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: Does it worry any of you about Saints Org Poker face after a Superbowl win?

Originally Posted by Nwlasaint View Post
Do you guys think that if the Saints won 3 super bowls in 4 years you would still find something to piss and moan about? My God, give them some time, freaking free agency just started and we have a ton of free agents. Just because it is an uncapped year doesn't mean everyone is going on a spending spree. The Bears are the only ones spending money right now and last time I checked Julius Peppers can't play quarter back. Give it a rest.
lol..ok if you say so..lets just line up like lemmings while were at it..
strato is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #16
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hockley, Tx
Posts: 1,458
Re: Does it worry any of you about Saints Org Poker face after a Superbowl win?

nothing to worry about. I'd be more worried bout who they bring in to replace anyone we lose. We still have the draft as well so we can continue to build our team around a few core players. We can't keep everyone.
lynwood is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #17
Site Donor 2014
Lucky Cat
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 8,566
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Does it worry any of you about Saints Org Poker face after a Superbowl win?

Benson and the rest of the NFL doesn't have a printing press like Obama.
foreverfan is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #18
Cake or Death?
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,484
Re: Does it worry any of you about Saints Org Poker face after a Superbowl win?

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
Benson and the rest of the NFL doesn't have a printing press like Obama.
Then they should have trademarked Who Dat
exile is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #19
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 447
Re: Does it worry any of you about Saints Org Poker face after a Superbowl win?

I think this rant is way off base. So is the idea that we are turning into jerks to quote Strato. IMO, the weak spots of our team last year were the defense's inability to stop the run at times and the lack of a constant pass rush. Both of these things can be helped with improved play from the defensive line and linebacking corps. So, to get upset because we did not match an overpriced offer for Fujita (from the Browns no less...think about all the great decisions they have made over the years) and because we did not "reward" players like Grant makes no sense.
Our offense is leaps and bounds ahead of our defense. Sure, we created turnovers and that won us a lot of games, including the Superbowl. But a lot of that is because teams had to keep up with our offensive production. Donít kid yourself, if we had not been so good on O, or if an unfortunate injury happens on that side of the ball, then we are lucky to be a .500 club.
I would rather see us build a "dominating" type defense that forces three-and-outs, rarely gives up 100 yard rushing performances, and doesn't make QBs like Kevin Kolb, Josh Freeman and Jason Campbell look like Pro Bowlers. Imagine how sweet it would be to have a top 5-type defense to match with our top 3-type offense. We are not going to be that type of defense with the players we had last year. If we build a D that matches our O, then we build our dynasty.
Sure, Fujita was a fine player for us and what he did for the Saints on and off the field is appreciated. But to call us jerks and say we are cheap is uncalled for. The current FO that brought us our first Championship deserve better than that IMO.
SAINT_MICHAEL is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #20
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Re: Does it worry any of you about Saints Org Poker face after a Superbowl win?

Originally Posted by SAINT_MICHAEL View Post
I think this rant is way off base. So is the idea that we are turning into jerks to quote Strato. IMO, the weak spots of our team last year were the defense's inability to stop the run at times and the lack of a constant pass rush. Both of these things can be helped with improved play from the defensive line and linebacking corps. So, to get upset because we did not match an overpriced offer for Fujita (from the Browns no less...think about all the great decisions they have made over the years) and because we did not "reward" players like Grant makes no sense.
Our offense is leaps and bounds ahead of our defense. Sure, we created turnovers and that won us a lot of games, including the Superbowl. But a lot of that is because teams had to keep up with our offensive production. Donít kid yourself, if we had not been so good on O, or if an unfortunate injury happens on that side of the ball, then we are lucky to be a .500 club.
I would rather see us build a "dominating" type defense that forces three-and-outs, rarely gives up 100 yard rushing performances, and doesn't make QBs like Kevin Kolb, Josh Freeman and Jason Campbell look like Pro Bowlers. Imagine how sweet it would be to have a top 5-type defense to match with our top 3-type offense. We are not going to be that type of defense with the players we had last year. If we build a D that matches our O, then we build our dynasty.
Sure, Fujita was a fine player for us and what he did for the Saints on and off the field is appreciated. But to call us jerks and say we are cheap is uncalled for. The current FO that brought us our first Championship deserve better than that IMO.
Ive been quoted...lol...kewl man...I dont expect everyone to agree with my opinon..Thats fine by me...
strato is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts