Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Wild Card all but wrapped

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by gumbeau If Seattle doesn't beat ATL and the Saints do, it could very well result in the Saints having nothing to play for Week 17 (Except the very remote possibility of Carolina beating Atlanta in the Georgia ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 07:58 AM   #11
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 576
Originally Posted by gumbeau View Post
If Seattle doesn't beat ATL and the Saints do, it could very well result in the Saints having nothing to play for Week 17 (Except the very remote possibility of Carolina beating Atlanta in the Georgia Dome)

So, with the 5 seed wrapped up but a slim chance at the 1 seed what do you do?

And a side note, the Saints could also give Tampa a playoff spot by losing week 17 and letting them in as the 6 seed.

I'd prefer 3 NFC South playoff teams if the Saints have nothing to gain Week 17.
You'd HAVE to play for it all in week 17. Who would have thought the Bucs would beat us at home last year?
cargojon is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #12
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 18,124
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Packers are done. Rodgers concussion sealed that.
Our Wild Card is "fairly" wrapped up unless something crazy happens.. Which it could.

My prediction:
Week 17 We beat the Rams again
Week 18 We beat the Bears
Week 19 We beat the Falcons
Week 20 We beat the Patriots in Dallas.

Week 21 we Celebrate again in New Orleans with parades.
LOL I love it !!!
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 11:07 AM   #13
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,624
Because of what I have seen happen in the past when Teams "rest" in the final weeks because they have wrapped things up. I Hope we do not rest one bit..

I know I should not care about other teams..... But to see another teams Play Off hopes crushed because someone laid down and gave a team a win really sucks... The scenario when teams need someone else to win or loose to get in.

Didn't the Texans loose a Play Off birth last year because the Colts laid down for the Jets? If the Colts had won I may have never had to see the Jets on HBO.... In my life time.. And that would have been a good thing.

If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.
TheOak is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 12:47 PM   #14
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,616
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Because of what I have seen happen in the past when Teams "rest" in the final weeks because they have wrapped things up. I Hope we do not rest one bit..

I know I should not care about other teams..... But to see another teams Play Off hopes crushed because someone laid down and gave a team a win really sucks... The scenario when teams need someone else to win or loose to get in.

Didn't the Texans loose a Play Off birth last year because the Colts laid down for the Jets? If the Colts had won I may have never had to see the Jets on HBO.... In my life time.. And that would have been a good thing.
but, using your reasoning the Colts and Saints rested and both made it to the Super Bowl
ScottF is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #15
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,624
Our resting did not do anything to anyone elses Play Off chances.
TheOak is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 12:57 PM   #16
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,263
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Our resting did not do anything to anyone elses Play Off chances.
Not to sound like a smart donkey or being rude in anyway, but who gives a crap about other teams playoff chances. I say do what's best for the team and our playoff chances.
Budsdrinker is online now  
Old 12-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #17
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 15,624
Karma.
TheOak is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #18
SaintSince67
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PortCity
Posts: 1,747
Three weeks left and nothings in the pot except the water and the seasoning. Too much forward thinking CAN be dangerous, especially when it causes loss of focus on the task at hand. We have to keep winning in hopes that the Falcons stumble. We could just drop that bird in the water and bring it to a boil. If by chance week 17 turns out to insignificant, decisions should be made at that time about our health going forward. Ravens first...then the Falcons...then the Bucs...in that order.
darstep is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Wherever I lay my hat
Posts: 2,962
Wild Card all but wrapped? Yes If we win 2 of three like you said ScottF. Actually I think we will be at the post season party because there will be help elsewhere.
UK_WhoDat is offline  
Old 12-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #20
100th Post
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 294
Originally Posted by darstep View Post
Three weeks left and nothings in the pot except the water and the seasoning. Too much forward thinking CAN be dangerous, especially when it causes loss of focus on the task at hand. We have to keep winning in hopes that the Falcons stumble. We could just drop that bird in the water and bring it to a boil. If by chance week 17 turns out to insignificant, decisions should be made at that time about our health going forward. Ravens first...then the Falcons...then the Bucs...in that order.
We are not on the team. We are free to speculate, prognosticate, and celebrate as much as we like. In fact, I'm completely overlooking Baltimore all day today and for much of the rest of the week as I concentrate on the Falcons.

We are who ESPN built the playoffs machine for.
gumbeau is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts