Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Darren Sharper

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Beastmode The defense has improved to the point that even if he was a little younger, 32-34, I still think it would not be in the Saints best interest unless it was an injury situation. If we ...

Like Tree6Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #21
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Black Pearl University
Posts: 799
Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
The defense has improved to the point that even if he was a little younger, 32-34, I still think it would not be in the Saints best interest unless it was an injury situation. If we have the division locked up before the last game It would be nice to see him in uniform one more time. He was a huge factor in the SB run.
If he were 32 years old, we would probably move Jenkins underneath Harper and let Sharp have that spot for 3+ years.
alexonfyre is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 08-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #22
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
I think he is back after training camp..and the preseason...just a hunch
strato is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #23
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,553
Originally Posted by alexonfyre View Post
If he were 32 years old, we would probably move Jenkins underneath Harper and let Sharp have that spot for 3+ years.
Dislike dislike!

Jenkins is ready to explode... he doesn't need to be behind anyone.
papz is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #24
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Black Pearl University
Posts: 799
Originally Posted by papz View Post
Dislike dislike!

Jenkins is ready to explode... he doesn't need to be behind anyone.
I didn't say he wouldn't beat Roman for his job...
alexonfyre is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #25
Retired
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,553
Still dislike! He doesn't need to be an in the box type safety... which is a typical
position in a Williams defense. Ex. Milloy in Buffalo, Landry in Washington, Darius in Jacksonville, Harper in New Orleans.


Last edited by papz; 08-11-2011 at 05:36 PM..
papz is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #26
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,447
Originally Posted by papz View Post
Still dislike! He doesn't need to be an in the box type safety... which is a typical
position in a Williams defense. Ex. Milloy in Buffalo, Landry in Washington, Darius in Jacksonville, Harper in New Orleans.

Harper/Jenkins - The perfect Gregg Williams safety tandem.
Danno is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #27
In Doh We Trust
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,969
Blog Entries: 16
I would like him back!!
homerj07 is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #28
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 1,420
I agree with you papz... who needs Jenkins competing with Harper at Strong Safety when we could just embrace the inevitable now and let Jenkins take over at FS?!? I love Darren Sharper and everything he's done for us but I think there won't be too much of a drop-off in productivity with Jenkins going into his second year at FS.
ChrisXVI is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 09:05 PM   #29
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: "Little Ole Town in Tejas"
Posts: 7,770
Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post
I agree with you papz... who needs Jenkins competing with Harper at Strong Safety when we could just embrace the inevitable now and let Jenkins take over at FS?!? I love Darren Sharper and everything he's done for us but I think there won't be too much of a drop-off in productivity with Jenkins going into his second year at FS.

I would want Sharper just for depth and exp...Jenkins is no doubt the man..and again welcome Chris..
strato is offline  
Old 08-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #30
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 1,420
I don't disagree with you one bit strato... but it's just the same old issue of whether or not Sharper will accept that role of being a backup/mentor rather than being a starter somewhere else. Malcolm Jenkins said that he could go to Sharper with his questions last season and Darren was more than willing to help him out, but I guess I have just gotten that vibe that coming back to the Saints in any other role than starter is not too desirable to him.
ChrisXVI is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts