Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

New Orleans defense confident

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; New Orleans Saints' defense still is upbeat despite setbacks...

Like Tree3Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 9,012
New Orleans defense confident

New Orleans Saints' defense still is upbeat despite setbacks
WhoDat!656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Is this Manning's last Hurrah? Last Blog: 04-16-2014 By: SmashMouth


Landry over Beckham Jr. Last Blog: 04-12-2014 By: joker-saint


Saints Free Agency 2014 Last Blog: 03-11-2014 By: SmashMouth


Old 09-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #2
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,122
Blog Entries: 2
This backs up my feeling that the Corners were playing apprehensive, because they were. Now we've got the green light.

I think it will be Robinson.

Alaska
AlaskaSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 14,569
OK, why do they continue with the Seattle game in their analysis of the 2011 defense?

We have several different starters on this 2011 team than we did in that Seattle game


Differences between the two defenses...
Got back Malcolm Jenkins
Got back Jonathan Casillas

Added Will Herring
Added Shaun Rogers
Added Aubreyo Franklin
Added Tom Johnson
Added Turk McBride
Added Martez Wilson
Added Cam Jordan

No Alex Brown
No Marvin Mitchell
No Darren Sharper
No Usama Young
No Pierson Prielou
No Anthony Waters
No Remi Ayodele
No Kiwika Mitchell
No Jimmy Wilkerson


All in all we have FIVE different players starting on our 2011 team that didn't start in the Seattle game.

Thats nearly HALF of our defense changed from that game to now.

To compare the Seattle game to this 2011 defense is extremely shortsighted. Not to mention we played what may be the most potent offense in the entire NFL, in their back yard on opening day, without our best pass rusher, as they dropped the Superbowl banner...
Belair57 and homerj07 like this.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,684
Blog Entries: 16
The 2010 season is over - we have started the 2011 season. Lets just talk about this season!!
homerj07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:47 AM   #5
500th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 841
our Def woes come from ZERO push up front, no hurried passes, no three and outs, nothing...no pressure from our offseason aquisitions...they need to step up this week
Danno likes this.
Belair57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:25 AM   #6
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,371
[QUOTE=Danno;331047]OK, why do they continue with the Seattle game in their analysis of the 2011 defense?

/QUOTE]

The only thing I can say to that is the end results were the same. The wide open recievers, poor tackling, basically invisible LB's, and no pass rush, does cause a honest level of concern. But, I truly believe the Saints defense will be better this year and the good news is, the Saints offense and special teams put up 34 on arguably one of the best, well coached defenses in the NFL.
Cruize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #7
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 14,569
Originally Posted by Belair57 View Post
our Def woes come from ZERO push up front, no hurried passes, no three and outs, nothing...no pressure from our offseason aquisitions...they need to step up this week
Nailllled it!!!!
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #8
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 14,569
Originally Posted by Cruize View Post
The only thing I can say to that is the end results were the same. The wide open recievers, poor tackling, basically invisible LB's, and no pass rush, does cause a honest level of concern. But, I truly believe the Saints defense will be better this year and the good news is, the Saints offense and special teams put up 34 on arguably one of the best, well coached defenses in the NFL.
That kinda points toward coaching doesn't it?
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:16 AM   #9
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Bayou Cane
Posts: 5,679
Blog Entries: 11
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
That kinda points toward coaching doesn't it?
Glad you said it...

Greg Williams was a definite upgrade at defensive coordinator...

I just have a problem when people cite/quote him as if he's infallible, omniscient on all things football...

But the piss-poor tackling, coverage exchange lapses, and the missing "knock them the 'f***' out" hitting does reflect, in part, on the coaching...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #10
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 14,569
Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Glad you said it...

Greg Williams was a definite upgrade at defensive coordinator...

I just have a problem when people cite/quote him as if he's infallible, omniscient on all things football...

But the piss-poor tackling, coverage exchange lapses, and the missing "knock them the 'f***' out" hitting does reflect, in part, on the coaching...
I didn't wanna be the 1st, but that sure does sound like it. Our players looked confused and hesitant during that GB game. Six foot wide gaps for their RB's to run thru, CB's 5 yards away from WR's, missed tackles everywhere...

Maybe all the new players haven't quite started playing on the same page yet.
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts