New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com (http://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (http://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   How long does Drew have to sign his tender (http://blackandgold.com/saints/41767-how-long-does-drew-have-sign-his-tender.html)

The Dude 03-05-2012 02:29 PM

How long does Drew have to sign his tender
 
If he decides not to sign when will we know?

st thomas 03-05-2012 02:45 PM

i know it gives the saints a year to get a deal done without other teams bidding on him.

The Dude 03-05-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by st thomas (Post 383082)
i know it gives the saints a year to get a deal done without other teams bidding on him.

Yea but he can refuse to sign it.

st thomas 03-05-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 383085)
Yea but he can refuse to sign it.

true.

ScottF 03-05-2012 04:45 PM

and he said early on he wouldn't play for the tag amount

jokeray 03-05-2012 04:51 PM

if he doesn't sign it, he's "sitting out" until he signs it, I believe.

i think they have until the 15th of July to work out a longer term deal, though.

The Dude 03-05-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jokeray (Post 383171)
if he doesn't sign it, he's "sitting out" until he signs it, I believe.

i think they have until the 15th of July to work out a longer term deal, though.

Doesn't he know I can't wait that long?

saintfan 03-05-2012 05:31 PM

If I were the Saints I'd give him two weeks. Sign it or take a walk. I simply would not have my franchise held hostage after I made a very fair offer.

biloxi-indian 03-05-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintfan (Post 383205)
If I were the Saints I'd give him two weeks. Sign it or take a walk. I simply would not have my franchise held hostage after I made a very fair offer.

Whatever happened to "there is no I in TEAM". :)

FinSaint 03-05-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintfan (Post 383205)
If I were the Saints I'd give him two weeks. Sign it or take a walk. I simply would not have my franchise held hostage after I made a very fair offer.


I might be a little vindictive in my thinking, but I'd have him sit out the season if he refuses to sign, because the tag doesn't count toward the cap in that situation (at least I don't think it does).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com