Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Bucs only team to schedule visit with Nicks

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; So far, only Bucs have scheduled visit with Carl Nicks | ProFootballTalk...

Like Tree10Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
SaintsWillWin
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Shreveport,Louisiana
Posts: 10,447
Exclamation Bucs only team to schedule visit with Nicks

So far, only Bucs have scheduled visit with Carl Nicks | ProFootballTalk
WhoDat!656 is offline  
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 03-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #2
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 17,099
They have Eleventy-Billion dollars to spend too. Cripes!
Halo and saintfan like this.
Danno is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 8,090
Halo, saintfan, HouYat and 1 others like this.
|Mitch| is online now  
Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,957
Just like with Mario Williams, it'll only take one visit to become filthy rich.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
100th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 374
I certainly didn't want us to overpay for Nicks and risk losing other opportunities to resign and possibly bring in players. Grubbs will take less money, and will imo be a better fit for what the Saints want to do financially, while being able to fill most of the void(if not all of it) left by Nick's departure.
|Mitch| likes this.
hitta is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 1,518
Originally Posted by hitta View Post
I certainly didn't want us to overpay for Nicks and risk losing other opportunities to resign and possibly bring in players. Grubbs will take less money, and will imo be a better fit for what the Saints want to do financially, while being able to fill most of the void(if not all of it) left by Nick's departure.
Yes! Amen! It will suck to see Nicks go but we're not going to fall apart losing one guard. Grubbs will be a welcomed replacement. Plus, I guess the Bucs should have at least ONE good player lol.
ChrisXVI is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by ChrisXVI View Post
Yes! Amen! It will suck to see Nicks go but we're not going to fall apart losing one guard. Grubbs will be a welcomed replacement. Plus, I guess the Bucs should have at least ONE good player lol.

They'll have one of the best O-lines in the league if they are able to sign Nicks as it very strongly seems like they will.
FinSaint is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #8
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 938
Blog Entries: 1
The Bucs do have the bucks and they intend on spending it. They signed Steven Jackson today. Per Baldy on NFL network, should they nabb Nicks they will have weakened the Saints, of course who are in their division. All these talking heads are driving me crazy with their opinions. I turned off the TV for a while because they are just trying to fill the dead spaces in their broadcast.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
NOLA54 is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 08:54 PM   #9
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 1,518
Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
They'll have one of the best O-lines in the league if they are able to sign Nicks as it very strongly seems like they will.
Uh no.
ChrisXVI is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #10
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 17,099
Originally Posted by NOLA54 View Post
The Bucs do have the bucks and they intend on spending it. They signed Steven Jackson today. Per Baldy on NFL network, should they nabb Nicks they will have weakened the Saints, of course who are in their division. All these talking heads are driving me crazy with their opinions. I turned off the TV for a while because they are just trying to fill the dead spaces in their broadcast.
It was Vincent Jackson, not Steven
Danno is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts