Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

New Orleans Saints linebacker Curtis Lofton eager to join forces with Jonathan Vilma

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Pete Carmichael, you know the offensive coordinator that swept the Falcons last year?...

Like Tree6Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 02:17 PM   #11
Threaded by |Mitch|
5000 POSTS! +
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 8,126

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Pete Carmichael, you know the offensive coordinator that swept the Falcons last year?
RockyMountainSaint likes this.
Views: 2083
Latest Blogs
REFUND Last Blog: 12-07-2014 By: xan




Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


Old 03-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #12
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Black Pearl University
Posts: 799
Originally Posted by SaintKiller View Post
Thats funny when your team is clearly the laughing stock of football right now!!!

got a head coach??? hahahaha now thats funny
You know, I actually have to respect this guy for having the cajones to talk smack despite losing their MLB to us, having him say that, and even after losing our head coach, and potentially half of our defense, and the fact that they hate us right now ESPN still thinks we are better than the Falcons (#11 vs #13)

I will say though that Lofton's comments were clearly not directed at you, but there are not a whole lot of true fans in Atlanta. I lived there for 5 years and it was pretty clear the number of actual sports fans was very slim.
alexonfyre is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nottinghamshire, UK
Posts: 4,714
The laughing stock of The NFL as you say demolished your team until they cried and said we were Running up the score

Btw go to the smack talk forum, Curtis lofton says thank you
RockyMountainSaint likes this.
dizzle88 is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:32 PM   #14
Mmm That Smell!
 
Join Date: Oct 1998
Location: Bucktown Brah!
Posts: 2,383
Originally Posted by SaintKiller View Post
Thats funny when your team is clearly the laughing stock of football right now!!!

got a head coach??? hahahaha now thats funny
I would ask you the same question.

Exactly how many playoff wins does Mike Smith have?

hahahaha now that's funny

See what I did there you troll?
73Saint likes this.
RockyMountainSaint is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
500th Post
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 509
Originally Posted by alexonfyre View Post

I will say though that Lofton's comments were clearly not directed at you, but there are not a whole lot of true fans in Atlanta. I lived there for 5 years and it was pretty clear the number of actual sports fans was very slim.
Have to agree. I spent a few days in Atlanta a couple of months ago and wore my Saints hat everywhere. A bunch of people told me how much they liked the Saints. The only guy that gave me a hard time...was a Steelers fan.
W. Kovacs is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #16
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,289
Originally Posted by CharityMike View Post
Saints defensive coordinator told Lofton that he sees both players as versatile - They said the same thing about Reggie.
The Dude is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #17
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 124
Originally Posted by alexonfyre View Post
You know, I actually have to respect this guy for having the cajones to talk smack despite losing their MLB to us, having him say that, and even after losing our head coach, and potentially half of our defense, and the fact that they hate us right now ESPN still thinks we are better than the Falcons (#11 vs #13)

I will say though that Lofton's comments were clearly not directed at you, but there are not a whole lot of true fans in Atlanta. I lived there for 5 years and it was pretty clear the number of actual sports fans was very slim.
I mean its a buisness baby, yea he was a very good LB but he wasnt our best so will bounce back!
SaintKiller is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #18
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 124
Originally Posted by W. Kovacs View Post
Have to agree. I spent a few days in Atlanta a couple of months ago and wore my Saints hat everywhere. A bunch of people told me how much they liked the Saints. The only guy that gave me a hard time...was a Steelers fan.
Its alot of Saint fans here in Atlanta due to Hurricane Katrina and alot of them never returned but im pretty sure you already knew that...
SaintKiller is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #19
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Alexandria, La
Posts: 8,126
what's funny is apparently we are better at the "business" than the Falcons. We had less cap space, but yet we got him signed...
|Mitch| is offline  
Old 03-25-2012, 02:42 PM   #20
I donate wisdom
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 3,957
Originally Posted by voodooido View Post
Yep, maybe shanle now. I would hate to see him go because his cap hit is only 2.9 mil. He could provide depth for cheap. On the note of salary cap hits did anyone see Moore is sch to make 4.6 mil this year? Kinda high for a part time player. I would force a resigning of Ellis and Moore or have them hit the road. That would clear up 12 mil to sign Brees, a wr and a dt.

The Saints do have depth at the LB position - Bussey, Casillas, Herring, Hunter, Wilson, Lofton, Shanle, and Vilma - so Shanle's cap hit of $2.95M, while not that expensive, could be too much to justify with the tight cap.

I guess Humber and Dunbar are not returning, but I would think that the Saints are going to pick at least one LB from the draft, and maybe add another UDFA, so they'll have some depth for the rotation and in case of injuries.


Moore re-signed with the Saints last off-season and his 5-year $20M deal was not an over-payment by the Saints, they were actually very lucky to be able to keep him at that price (i.e. possible hometown discount).

Because the first year of that contract was with a small cap hit, the rest will be closer to $5M/yr (2013: $4.1M; 2014: $4.7M; and 2015: $5.2M), but those are still very affordable hits for what Moore brings to the field.

He is the Saints' #2 WR, and has the best hands out of the whole receiver corps, and with that in mind the Saints are fortunate to only be paying him what they are.



Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Saints defensive coordinator told Lofton that he sees both players as versatile - They said the same thing about Reggie.

Thanks for finding something negative in an otherwise positive news!



"I don't think I'll be thinking at all. I think I'm just gonna go out there and play my balls out" - Martez Wilson | "I'm not bashing people, I'm bashing their opinions because in my opinion their opinion is wrong" - Danno
FinSaint is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/42622-new-orleans-saints-linebacker-curtis-lofton-eager-join-forces-jonathan-vilma.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
New Orleans Saints linebacker Curtis Lofton eager to join forces with Jonathan Vilma This thread Refback 03-25-2012 02:33 PM 4


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts