Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints
Shop Horizontal

Joe Vitt's return and its effect

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Vitt will not be a Saint next year........Unless Payton leaves....

Like Tree13Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #11
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,211
Re: Joe Vitt's return and its effect

Vitt will not be a Saint next year........Unless Payton leaves.
The Dude is offline  
Latest Blogs
2015 Saints Bye Week Draft Last Blog: 10-16-2014 By: hagan714


"IRONY" Last Blog: 10-01-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Sainity Zone 9-30-14 Hail Last Blog: 09-30-2014 By: xan


Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #12
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Land Mass between LA and AL
Posts: 3,617
Re: Joe Vitt's return and its effect

And all this from Vitt watching games at home for a while, just wait until Payton comes back from watching a whole season.
Mardigras9 is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 799
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Vitt will not be a Saint next year........Unless Payton leaves.
Why is that?
44Champs is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #14
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,211
Re: Joe Vitt's return and its effect

Originally Posted by 44Champs View Post
Why is that?
He was considered for HCing jobs this past offseason if I recall, and I would think the drastic turn around the Saints have had will make Vitt an even better candident this year for a HC job somewhere. However if Payton does in fact leave I would think he would be offered the HC job here and would take it as he is familiar with the team that is already championship ready. Of course all this depends on how the rest of the season pans out. A few more wins though and I think he will be a HC somewhere in the league next year.
The Dude is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 11,662
Blog Entries: 44
Re: Joe Vitt's return and its effect

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
He was considered for HCing jobs this past offseason if I recall, and I would think the drastic turn around the Saints have had will make Vitt an even better candident this year for a HC job somewhere. However if Payton does in fact leave I would think he would be offered the HC job here and would take it as he is familiar with the team that is already championship ready. Of course all this depends on how the rest of the season pans out. A few more wins though and I think he will be a HC somewhere in the league next year.
Vitt has said time and again he's not interested in becoming a head coach. If anything he's said he enjoys coaching linebackers under Sean Payton. So if SP left he'd probably go with him.
pherein, SaintsBro and Jamessr like this.
Halo is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #16
Site Donor 2014
Truth Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Spanish Fort Alabama
Posts: 16,422
Re: Joe Vitt's return and its effect

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
Vitt has said time and again he's not interested in becoming a head coach. If anything he's said he enjoys coaching linebackers under Sean Payton. So if SP left he'd probably go with him.
I think his exact words were "I don't want to be a head coach."

Reading between the lines I think he's saying he doesn't want to be a head coach.
Tobias-Reiper, TheOak and Jamessr like this.
Danno is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #17
Site Donor 2014
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,211
Re: Joe Vitt's return and its effect

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
I think his exact words were "I don't want to be a head coach."

Reading between the lines I think he's saying he doesn't want to be a head coach.
And Reggie was not going to be traded either.
The Dude is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #18
failclownHunter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: N.O. and V.A.
Posts: 1,797
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Joe Vitt's return and its effect

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
And Reggie was not going to be traded either.
LOL, Reggie was on the auction block as soon as SP saw him drop that perfect pass on the 10, that would have been a TD, vs the SeaHawks.
Jamessr likes this.
pherein is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #19
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,207
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Joe Vitt's return and its effect

Originally Posted by Tobias-Reiper View Post
His first run yesterday, Ingram wasn't met by 2 tackles 2 yards deep in his own backfield, he had a running start and a hole in the o-line to run through. And Ingram is healthier now than he's ever been since drafted.

Speaking of first runs last Sunday, Ivory in his first run got stuffed for -1, his second run he managed to fall one yard forward. I love the way Ivory runs the ball just like everyone else, but let's not get carried away.
Don't understand, Ivory still averaged 4.6 ypc for the game.

Great to see Ingram getting the lead out. He averaged 5+ ypc for the first time ever. If it takes Ivory booting him to keep them both running, I'm all for it. I love having Ingram on our team and am proud of the way he's broken out.

Side note - I don't have a Fantasy Football Team, I think that's counter-productive. I just call it like I see it.

The only fumble I saw yesterday was by Jimmy Graham. LOL

Alaska
AlaskaSaints is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #20
Merces Letifer
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,369
Re: Joe Vitt's return and its effect

Originally Posted by TheOak View Post
Ive seen Vitt in front of a mic now... Fiery he isnt.. He puts him self to sleep.
He's got his ways...



Tobias-Reiper is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/53030-joe-vitts-return-its-effect.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 11-30-2012 04:32 AM 2
Joe Vitt's return and its effect This thread Refback 11-19-2012 01:16 PM 1


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts