Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Cooks shines during Thursday's OTA practice

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by Utah_Saint I love that play!! If you watch the play closely it almost always is impossible to see the slap....

Like Tree35Likes

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #11
Threaded by foreverfan
10,000+ Posts!!
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 10,399

Blog Entries: 5
Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

Originally Posted by Utah_Saint View Post
I love that play!!
If you watch the play closely it almost always is impossible to see the slap.
Views: 5421
Old 06-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #12
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 2,552
Re: Cooks shines during Thursday's OTA practice

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
If you watch the play closely it almost always is impossible to see the slap.
Only the most elite offenses can pull it off.
Utah_Saint is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #13
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
Posts: 4,261
Re: Cooks shines during Thursday's OTA practice

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
The end around, or the fake end around, I really like.

The reverse? Ughhhh!

Current NFL defenses are just too fast for that type of Tomfoolery.

Also ditch the flea flicker please.
Agree!! All the cuteness that never works needs to go. Smashmouth would be a good option!!
halloween 65 is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 3,318
Re: Cooks shines during Thursday's OTA practice

The problem is that we have not had the speed and allusiveness required to make the end around successful. It takes a Percy Harvin type to pull it off. Oh, wait ... we have a Percy Harvin type now. Cooks!
jeanpierre likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #15
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 3,237
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Cooks shines during Thursday's OTA practice

Straight fire

B_Dub_Saint is offline  
Old 06-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #16
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bayou Bayfield CO
Posts: 3,452
Re: Cooks shines during Thursday's OTA practice

Originally Posted by Danno View Post
The end around, or the fake end around, I really like.

The reverse? Ughhhh!

Current NFL defenses are just too fast for that type of Tomfoolery.

Also ditch the flea flicker please.
I hate any backward play -reverse, end around, pitch... and especially that Sean loves to call these in the red zone when the D's already up at the line of scrimmage...
Seer1 is offline  
Old 06-21-2014, 12:00 AM   #17
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 14,381
Re: Cooks shines during Thursday's OTA practice

Sean is going to have a field day with this guy.
Rugby Saint II is offline  
Old 06-21-2014, 12:08 AM   #18
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 12,245
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Cooks shines during Thursday's OTA practice

Someone in this thread...I ain't saying who...said "tomfoolery" and should be dealt with. Perhaps a poll with options for punishment is in order?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Danno likes this.
saintfan is offline  
Old 06-23-2014, 01:08 PM   #19
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,254
Re: Cooks shines during Thursday's OTA practice

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Great. The reverse.
The play in question wasn't actually a reverse, it was an end-around. Two different things. Either way I think Payton does a much better job of using that/setting it up than he did in his first few years.

I remember missing the playoffs in 08 needing 2 yards deep in our own territory to close out a game against the Bucs and Payton called an actual reverse to Henderson. Henderson was hella fast but not exactly elusive. Cooks probably could've gotten away from that tackle and made something out of it.
Jack Vegas is offline  
Old 06-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #20
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,487
Re: Cooks shines during Thursday's OTA practice

Originally Posted by Jack Vegas View Post
The play in question wasn't actually a reverse, it was an end-around. Two different things. Either way I think Payton does a much better job of using that/setting it up than he did in his first few years.

I remember missing the playoffs in 08 needing 2 yards deep in our own territory to close out a game against the Bucs and Payton called an actual reverse to Henderson. Henderson was hella fast but not exactly elusive. Cooks probably could've gotten away from that tackle and made something out of it.
I remember that play like it was yesterday, because drew gave the ball to reggie and bush was supposed to pitch it henderson, Reggie subsequently fumbled the ball as his is nature and I shouted out all the censored language I could think of
dizzle88 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/66503-cooks-shines-during-thursdays-ota-practice.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Cooks shines during Thursday's OTA practice This thread Refback 06-20-2014 09:54 AM 44


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts