Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Six franchises heading downhill

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; At the end of the day it is up to the team to change that perception. Right now we are stuck in sub-average mediocrity. There are some positives about this team, but it is up to them to win....

Like Tree28Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2017, 02:50 PM   #11
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,549
Re: Six franchises heading downhill

At the end of the day it is up to the team to change that perception. Right now we are stuck in sub-average mediocrity. There are some positives about this team, but it is up to them to win.
ScottF likes this.
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:32 PM   #12
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,505
Re: Six franchises heading downhill

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
At the end of the day it is up to the team to change that perception. Right now we are stuck in sub-average mediocrity. There are some positives about this team, but it is up to them to win.
That perception has already been changed for me. As I see it, we were previously in sub-average mediocrity. Perception is individually based. Every person has their unique way of looking at things. Some of us choose to embrace the positive. Others choose to wallow in negativity. And others are somewhere in between.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:42 PM   #13
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,732
Re: Six franchises heading downhill

I posted a link to this because it included the saints. When I originally saw the header I was curious, I had a feeling saints would be in it. It's not about me agreeing but getting responses to it. A lot of it was right but they went overboard with the offensive line thing. They forget how old Streiff is and said Lattimore won't be elite overnight.
foreverfan likes this.
WillSaints81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:44 PM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,255
Re: Six franchises heading downhill

Panthers went 6-10 and they're not on there? Packers won their division...
jnormand likes this.
Papa Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:07 PM   #15
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,549
Re: Six franchises heading downhill

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
That perception has already been changed for me. As I see it, we were previously in sub-average mediocrity. Perception is individually based. Every person has their unique way of looking at things. Some of us choose to embrace the positive. Others choose to wallow in negativity. And others are somewhere in between.
It is not about embracing positive or negative. It is about giving as realistic an opinion as you can with the data you have. The whole concept of ignoring the negative and only focusing on the positive is actually beginning to show that nothing improves. I don't feel like digging out the articles, but you should search around a bit. I am just being honest with what I have to look at. We have a chance at the playoffs this year. lot is going to hinge on our dline and run game, IMHO
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:14 PM   #16
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 5,167
Re: Six franchises heading downhill

Compared to the absolute C-, uninformed writing that is out there, this isn't bad. I too want to believe we will go 16-0, but the reality is the defense is one giant question mark.
As always with, it will come down to health. Starting CB's #6 & 7 at the end of last year shows how bad it had gotten, and this guy's take is we could be facing the same.
Let the league believe it and we will go out and blow them all away...if we survive September
spkb25 likes this.
ScottF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:41 PM   #17
Realist
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mid City, New Orleans
Posts: 2,944
Re: Six franchises heading downhill

I can't speak for you guys but I know I didn't see an opportunistic D and having the ball bounce our way like it did in 2009 coming. Thats why I remain positive.
CharityMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:12 PM   #18
BS Since 2003!!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 11,314
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Six franchises heading downhill

The article makes some valid and easy to understand points. Hopefully we have fixed enough.

In any case, we all know that this is our season without Brees.

QBREES9 likes this.
foreverfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:39 AM   #19
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 5,505
Re: Six franchises heading downhill

Originally Posted by spkb25 View Post
It is not about embracing positive or negative. It is about giving as realistic an opinion as you can with the data you have. The whole concept of ignoring the negative and only focusing on the positive is actually beginning to show that nothing improves. I don't feel like digging out the articles, but you should search around a bit. I am just being honest with what I have to look at. We have a chance at the playoffs this year. lot is going to hinge on our dline and run game, IMHO
Oh, believe me. I have read every single article. Many of the "authors" are too lazy to research themselves. Those are the ones that base their view upon what happened in the past without recognizing that those issues, and others they were not even aware of, have been addressed. If absolutely nothing had changed from the past I could understand your concern. But, that isn't the case. I honestly feel there have been a large number of positive moves made this off-season and that makes me extremely optimistic for 2017.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:56 AM   #20
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 10,549
Re: Six franchises heading downhill

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Oh, believe me. I have read every single article. Many of the "authors" are too lazy to research themselves. Those are the ones that base their view upon what happened in the past without recognizing that those issues, and others they were not even aware of, have been addressed. If absolutely nothing had changed from the past I could understand your concern. But, that isn't the case. I honestly feel there have been a large number of positive moves made this off-season and that makes me extremely optimistic for 2017.
If you ever notice when I write on here I always talk about possible this or possible that. I don't pretend things are absolute. You consistently talk as if things are a forgone conclusion. The problem is no one knows that right now. Even the coaching staff doesn't know. There is certainly potential, but until a down is actually played we can't be certain of a thing. YOu keep saying this has been addressed, that has been addressed. There was an attempt to address things, but we have no idea how any of these moves will pan out. These guys have even put a pad on yet.

Big Hitter, the Lama.
spkb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/82914-six-franchises-heading-downhill.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
lranson's Team News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 05-30-2017 11:18 AM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 05-30-2017 11:09 AM 14
Six franchises heading downhill This thread Refback 05-30-2017 10:47 AM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts