Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

2018 NFL Free Agency

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Hmmm... Now this could be interesting... Twitter...

Like Tree241Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2018, 05:03 PM   #651
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 27,869
Blog Entries: 35
Re: 2018 NFL Free Agency

Hmmm... Now this could be interesting...

jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:27 PM   #652
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 8,092
Re: 2018 NFL Free Agency

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Hmmm... Now this could be interesting...

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/...15847908622336
And minutes after doing that his replacement ...

Eagles LB Paul Worrilow was carted off the field with an apparent knee injury ... Eagles signed LB Paul Worrilow, formerly of the Lions, to a one-year contract.
Word is it's an ACL and he's out for the season.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:46 PM   #653
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 27,869
Blog Entries: 35
Re: 2018 NFL Free Agency

Well, we certainly learned last season you can never have too many linebackers...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #654
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 27,869
Blog Entries: 35
Re: 2018 NFL Free Agency

Not sure we can afford him as his projected salary was over 7mil...

What's got me curious is that as well as he played, why does Jim Schwarz not like him???
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:08 PM   #655
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 12,958
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2018 NFL Free Agency

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post

What's got me curious is that as well as he played, why does Jim Schwarz not like him???
Lacks play making/ball hawking ability. Solid starter but that's about it.

FWIW, I like him over AJ Klein but I doubt Kendricks ends up in NO.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:26 PM   #656
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 27,869
Blog Entries: 35
Re: 2018 NFL Free Agency

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Lacks play making/ball hawking ability. Solid starter but that's about it.

FWIW, I like him over AJ Klein but I doubt Kendricks ends up in NO.
Yeah, you're right about that; could see his sack numbers being where they are as he's solid in pass coverage with a good number of passes defensed...

But you're right his career numbers of forced fumbles (6), fumble recoveries (5), and interceptions (3) in six years is not going to get it done....

And Klein is more the thumper, SAM linebacker where Kendricks is a WLB...

Robertson has more production than that as the WILL...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:04 AM   #657
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 27,869
Blog Entries: 35
Re: 2018 NFL Free Agency

CheramieIII likes this.
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:27 AM   #658
Fan Since 1967
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 7,204
Blog Entries: 3
Re: 2018 NFL Free Agency

Good for him.
CheramieIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:24 AM   #659
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 8,092
Re: 2018 NFL Free Agency

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Not sure we can afford him as his projected salary was over 7mil...

What's got me curious is that as well as he played, why does Jim Schwarz not like him???
They talked about his release ... and the subsequent Worrilow injury .. on Moving the Chains yesterday. Kirwin said it was a salary cap move. With other moves made Kendricks' cap hit would have put them over at the 4:00 daily deadline. If they can juggle a bit they may be able to pick him back up. Most other teams are in the same boat so there is a good chance Kendricks clears waivers. If they would have released someone else with a lower cap hit that player may not clear waivers. Kirwin added that this time of year the daily cap decisions are the toughest.

I am frickin' pissed!
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:26 AM   #660
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 27,869
Blog Entries: 35
Re: 2018 NFL Free Agency

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
They talked about his release ... and the subsequent Worrilow injury .. on Moving the Chains yesterday. Kirwin said it was a salary cap move. With other moves made Kendricks' cap hit would have put them over at the 4:00 daily deadline. If they can juggle a bit they may be able to pick him back up. Most other teams are in the same boat so there is a good chance Kendricks clears waivers. If they would have released someone else with a lower cap hit that player may not clear waivers. Kirwin added that this time of year the daily cap decisions are the toughest.
If he wants to stay there; seems they'd done better if they didn't want him hitting the market by re-working his contract...

Since Jim Schwarz arrived, they've been trying to show him the door...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/saints/86866-2018-nfl-free-agency.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest Alex Okafor News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-19-2018 03:56 PM 1
The Latest Kasim Edebali News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-16-2018 03:38 PM 3
The Latest Clay Harbor News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-16-2018 08:25 AM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 01-15-2018 09:56 PM 6
2018 NFL Free Agency This thread Refback 01-15-2018 08:00 PM 2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2018 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts