Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Falcons fan here

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; Like most of my fellow Falcons' fans, I rooted for the Rams and was so relieved to see that field goal at the end. However, unlike most, I rooted against the Saints only because I didn't want to hear it ...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2019, 01:27 PM   #1
Rookie

Falcons fan here

Like most of my fellow Falcons' fans, I rooted for the Rams and was so relieved to see that field goal at the end. However, unlike most, I rooted against the Saints only because I didn't want to hear it from Saints fans about taking over Atlanta's facilities. Other than that, I'm not a gloater and I feel your pain.
BlackandRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:35 PM   #2
Site Donor MONTHLY

Re: Falcons fan here

That's completely reasonable. You're probably the first falcon can to come here in a long time wanting to talk reality. If you want to join in and talk football, you're welcome here.

The Saints forum is bias Saints. You can get banned if you troll there, but the NFL forum and Trash Talk forums are fair game.
BlackandRed likes this.
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #3
Rookie

I must say this though. All the pre-gloating from Saints fans about taking over Atlanta had me all Rams. Even some of our stupid fans and some city officials were barking about it. My stance? Welcome to Atlanta.

But then again, I'm unusual. I rooted for New Orleans in the Super Bowl XLIV. Unlike college, where we often root for fellow SEC teams, there is no love here, for some reason.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:41 PM   #4
10000 POST CLUB

Why would you even feel obliged to gloat? The Falcons were elininated from the playoffs around week 11?
|Mitch| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:01 PM   #5
Rookie

"Gloating" as in finding satisfaction at your misfortune... not Atlanta's successes. Make sense?
Old 01-22-2019, 03:06 PM   #6
10000 POST CLUB

Oh it does; i guess misfortune of others is all you have to look forward to being a fan of the Falcons...
Old 01-22-2019, 04:30 PM   #7
Site Donor MONTHLY

Atlanta mayor and other city officials should have stayed out of it. Made it a bigger thing then it actually was.

Trust me, if the Saints would have made it to the SB in Atlanta, the hotels would be jammed packed. It would have been a cash cow for the city.

Atlanta will make money with the Pats and Rams, but due to distance, you're not going to get the people filling bars just to watch in the city.
jeanpierre likes this.
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:30 PM   #8
1000 Posts +

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
Oh it does; i guess misfortune of others is all you have to look forward to being a fan of the Falcons...
Come on, dude. Like this whole place didn't celebrate when the Falcons lost the Super Bowl. You know what he means.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 06:16 PM   #9
10000 POST CLUB

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Come on, dude. Like this whole place didn't celebrate when the Falcons lost the Super Bowl. You know what he means.
C'mon Dude; I celebrated but i didn't become a member over at Falcons Life to rub their nose in it and then cop out by saying " but im not gloating"!
Old 01-22-2019, 06:36 PM   #10
1000 Posts +

Originally Posted by |Mitch| View Post
C'mon Dude; I celebrated but i didn't become a member over at Falcons Life to rub their nose in it and then cop out by saying " but im not gloating"!
Don't try to avoid the point. You asked the guy why he would feel obliged to gloat, when his team didn't make the playoffs. He answered your question that some gloat with satisfaction at another team's misfortune. To which, for some reason, you responded by saying that you guess misfortune is all a Falcons fan has to look forward to.

As if this board didn't openly celebrate a Falcons loss, when the Saints weren't in the playoffs that year. It's a simple point. I don't care if you became a member on their board or not. How is this guy rubbing your nose in anything? I thought it was civil enough. No reason to be offended by so little.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote