Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Introduction from Afar

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; Hello. My name's Dan and I'm an avid Saints fan from across the pond. I've followed the team for seven years now, after initially stumbling across the sport as an intrigued fourteen year old, randomly purchasing a copy of Madden. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NOBourbonUK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
Rookie

Introduction from Afar

Hello.

My name's Dan and I'm an avid Saints fan from across the pond. I've followed the team for seven years now, after initially stumbling across the sport as an intrigued fourteen year old, randomly purchasing a copy of Madden. Settling on a team to root for was a simple decision, as New Orleans share the same nickname as my favourite soccer team, Southampton. As my knowledge of the game has improved, my passion has increased and though raised in England and surrounded by traditional sports, football soon became my primary interest.

I go to many lengths in order to get my football fix, these include: Listening to Podcasts, Reading NFL.com articles, Watching hours of footage on GamePass (the international version of GameRewind), Attending the International Series games at Wembley, Staying up at unearthly hours, until five in the morning to watch Prime Time games, Playing at receiver for my local team (Hampshire Thrashers).

Two more recent feats that rank quite highly on my list of life achievements include a football specific tour of the East Coast last month, in which I saw 5 games in 10 days, taking in cities such as Carolina, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Dallas, all alone at the age of 21, I had long decided that nothing was going to hold me back. Also, I applied and ultimately succeeded in applying for the world's first NFL fan committee, over 700 had set their sights on a position but only 20 were selected. Meetings regularly take place at NFLUK head office in London and our primary goal in representing the country's fan base is to ensure that this wonderful sport continues to thrive in the UK.

Next year I hope to see my beloved Saints in action at what in my opinion is the most atmospheric stadium in the NFL, the brilliantly planned Superdome.

I'm very proud of the fact that I began following the sport prior to it's resurgence here and living in a small area, with the game largely still being discovered, I am often very much an individual when it comes to being a football fan.

Therefore, it would be an absolute pleasure to gain fellow Saints fans as friends and I hope to discuss a variety of team related topics with passionate locals. From traveling experience, I have always viewed Americans as most accomodating, helpful and friendly, I certainly expect nothing less from such a beautiful city.

Thanks very much for your time and welcoming, I look forward to hearing from you all and here's to bigger and better things next season.

Geaux Saints!
joker-saint likes this.