Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Get to know me

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; Jeff - Nickname Cruise - 6'2" 230 - Old. Born in Tuscaloosa - Roll Tide! Blessed with loving parents. Blessed with athletic ability - Football 70 yards, baseball 94 mph, called me bird for my shooting (also pale with larger ...

Like Tree30Likes

Closed Thread  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 06:46 AM   #11
1000 Posts +

Re: Get to know me

Jeff - Nickname Cruise - 6'2" 230 - Old.
Born in Tuscaloosa - Roll Tide!
Blessed with loving parents.
Blessed with athletic ability - Football 70 yards, baseball 94 mph, called me bird for my shooting (also pale with larger nose, lol), started golf at 12 shot par at 14 low round -5 (67).
Auto accident at 17 ended hopes in such as a career.
Married to High School Sweetheart for 28 years, lost her to cancer 9 months 4 days ago.
3 Amazing children - Son 26, college grad, married, two kids. Daughter 23, married, one kid, owns hair salon, Daughter 12, SUPRISE, lol, great loving soul.
Worked summers since 14 building houses. Started my own construction company at 20 still own and operate, Lawn Care Service at 28 still own and operate, Carpet Cleaning and Floors at 35 still own and operate.
Became a Saints fan early as my Father and Brother were cheering for the Rams against the Saints. Just to be different, started pulling for the Saints. Archie won the game late. Fan every since.
Love food. Seafood, steak, Cajun, Mexican. Favs oysters, angus ribeye, red beans and rice, chili, spaghetti. Won't cull much. As my youngest once said at 5, not a fan of things with "casserole" in it. lol.
Love Beer. Drank them all from Busch Light to Zywiec. Mostly drink Dos Equis or Stella now. But, will try any. Never a liqour guy except for an occasional shot of Patron to "celebrate."
Hoping for better days for our nation. Not just coming together in times of war and tragedy. We don't have to like or agree with each other. But, we need to have an honest conversation, respect each others right to be here doing our own thing, celebrating our blessings and working on our differences in a civil way. I will get fired up and defend my position and opinions. But, it's never done with malice in my heart. I am FAR from a perfect person. Some days it can be a struggle. Truly Blessed.
Danno, mutineer10 and QBREES9 like this.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:34 AM   #12
Faqda Falcons

O.K. I'll bite.

Name: William (I've been called Billy all my life, though, so roll with that).
Location: Ruston, LA. Home of Louisiana Tech University who I don't care two ****s about even though I went there for four years. I grew up loving LSU football, so they were always #1 for me.
Originally born in Lake Charles, lived there for a month, dad transferred his job to Monroe/West Monroe where most of my family is from.
Stats: 5'9" Roughly 200 lbs.
Divorced, but great friends with my ex to this day. No children from her. (or anyone else that I am aware of, thank God.)

I've been a sports junkie my entire life. Never got into the whole outdoorsy stuff like hunting and fishing. I was baseball and basketball all the way as a child. Baseball was my first true love and I've been a Cubs fan since I was in the womb. Talk about a glutton for punishment when I started really getting involved with football and became a Saints fan in '86. I was a passive Steelers fan before that (more because Terry Bradshaw was my hero along with Ryne Sandberg and Magic Johnson). I've been hooked on the Black and Gold ever since. Played 2nd base primarily, but I also played outfield, pitcher, and catcher in high school. I was blessed with the ability to play almost any position. Played a little basketball and golf in high school, also.

Joined the Louisiana Army National Guard while still a senior in high school. It was after Desert Storm and my inactive status ended two weeks before 9-11, so I missed out on going to Iraq and Afghanistan. Did go to Belize with the Guard, however. That was interesting.

I've lived in four different states (Oregon-LOVED IT!, Wisconsin-Effin' Sucked!, Missouri-Military, Arkansas-I have several jokes about) besides Louisiana, but The Boot will always be home.

I'm 8 classes away from my bachelor's degree in history with a minor in geography. Hoping to finish that up sooner than later.

I'm very interested in learning more about my heritage (Irish/Scottish descent) and would love to actually live in Ireland one day.

I have two older sisters. 3 nephews and a niece. I only have one surviving grandparent left. My mother and stepfather have both passed away (mother in 07 to cervical cancer; stepfather just recently to a number of different ailments). No contact with my real father and I'm just fine with that.

I am a huge music lover and an aspiring guitar player. My favorite two bands are Pink Floyd and Blue October.

I love watching really bad movies and turning them into my personal episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000.

I work graveyard shifts, so I have a personal vendetta against the big bright thing they call "the sun" now.

I'm not a drinker anymore (personal concerns about my health forced me to stop), but when I did, I loved some Irish beer. I wasn't a big domestic beer drinker. I also loved Jameson whiskey, Patron, and Jagerbombs (ironically, I hate Jager and Red Bull by themselves, but together they make a pretty awesome combination). Now if I could just put down the cigarettes.

I guess if I had a quick story, it would be my grandfather will still remind me of to this day from when I was about five years old. That was around the age that my mom and dad split, so my grandfather took me under his wing a lot so that I would have a male presence in my life. Especially on Thursday nights. Thursday nights were Fight Night on the USA network. My grandfather is a huge boxing fanatic, so he wanted to teach me the ins and outs of the sport, especially judging fights to determine a winner. We were watching this one fight and a guy is getting brutalized for nine rounds out of 10. The one round he won was early on in the 3rd round where he got some good shots in and caused his opponent to bleed around his eye. They were constantly having to doctor his eye between rounds. When the fight ended, my grandfather wanted to look at my scorecard and was blown away by the fact that I gave the fight to the guy that completely got his ass kicked. I had scored it eight rounds to two. He asked me what my logic was in giving the fight to the apparent loser. I said with the most serious face, "I never give a round to a man who's bleeding".
Ashley and QBREES9 like this.

People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #13
Site Donor

HA

It sounds like we are all here trying to get a date or something.... We are pretty damn lame...

OK so since I am divorced now, I'm in.....

Name is Glen, it even sounds weird when i say it.. I have gone by Ash or Ashley for so long now, Ashley is my last name.
Born also a die hard Saint fan, been going since I was 6 with my dad until I could get season tickets until the 05 season. Moved after Katrina to the most boring place I could think of ... Salt Lake City, why you might ask. being a drug addict and just got married with my ex-wife now who had a daughter. I thought it was the best place to start my life over. Now I have adopted my daughter, the ex bounced and walked out of our lives. She has nothing to do with any of us. Oh and I have my son with her.
So my little girl is 12, my son 5. I spend all my time with them. I even stopped drinking after my divorce, didn't want my kids see me go into a tail spin.
I work as a contractor for the military destroying weapons of mass destruction. No hobbies other than love mountain biking, which I hardly have time for now.
My past you could have found me in the streets of the quarter, drunk off my ass. Or high as a kite, and would hardly ever go home. chasing the oh mighty tail.
One of my greatest moments of my life was the Superbowl with my dad, my brother, and some friends. AND yes I was trashed the whole damn time..

Outside of that just some college, would stay in, the jump out back- and-forth . Until I didnt do a damn thing with it ..
O h and I lived in Atl for 6 yrs to, that is why I hate those Bastards, I didn't care for them much before. But If I won the biggest powerball know to man. I would buy that team, then run them into the ground. That is my hate for them

Love my Saints, love my kids. and I love my life....
D_it_up, Danno, mutineer10 and 1 others like this.

I HATE ATLANTA

Last edited by Ashley; 09-16-2012 at 10:29 AM..
Old 09-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #14
Faqda Falcons

Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
HA

If it sounds like we are all here trying to get a date or something.... We are pretty damn lame...
Bahahaha! We should each have a sign that reads "do not date this man".
Ashley likes this.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #15
Site Donor 2015

Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
HA

O h and I lived in Atl for 6 yrs to, that is why I hate those Bastards, I didn't care for them much before. But If I won the biggest powerball know to man. I would buy that team, then run them into the ground. That is my hate for them
This passion brings a tear to my eye.
Ashley likes this.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #16
Site Donor 2018

Name is Mike
Im 39 yrs old. Married 12yrs have a 17yr old boy and a 15yr old girl.

Was born in Metairie, now living in Mid City by City Park

Served in the Navy..Desert Storm

I am a General manager for Goodwill Ind. I run the store in Covington. This is the only job I have ever had that I feel a sense pride for. I make decent money but knowing that all the money we generate in the stores, goes to training people with disabilities and job barriers. I currently have 9 special needs folks on staff in my store. Feels great to know that them having a place to work and feel like a part of society, gives them great happiness.

I love only 1 sport and that's football. Have been a LSU and Saints fan my entire life.

Not much on drinking. I drank and smoked enough stuff to last me a lifetime when I was a young buck. When I do decide to drink, White Russian is the drink of choice for me.

I am 6'4" 280. Out of shape thanks to having the lower back of an 80 yr old. Unfortunetly, working days are numbered. Trying to ride the wave as long as Goodwill lets me.

Everyone usually comes to my house for Saints games. We have a specific order we sit in the livingroom (of course so far it's not helping). Maybe we need to change it up..lol
Danno, mutineer10, Ashley and 2 others like this.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
10000 POST CLUB

I am now TheOak.... I cant edit my OP for some reason.
Closed Thread