Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Support > Website Support Forum

Forum Time Question

this is a discussion within the Website Support Forum Community Forum; The date is correct the top of the forum but the time says 09:29 am. Over here in Houston it's 3:30pm. My computer time is correct. I also checked the time settings for my profile and it is setup for ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2005, 03:32 PM   #1
1000 Posts +

Forum Time Question

The date is correct the top of the forum but the time says 09:29 am. Over here in Houston it's 3:30pm. My computer time is correct. I also checked the time settings for my profile and it is setup for Central time zone. Is there something I'm overlooking?
Old 05-19-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
1000 Posts +

RE: Forum Time Question

Mine was set for Central too, and that was causing a problem. I reset it for London time, and all is well now.

Be sure to hit refresh or apply or whatever it is once you've changed it.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:55 PM   #3
Site Donor MONTHLY

This question is better in the "support" forum. I am looking into this now...
Old 05-24-2005, 10:20 AM   #4
1000 Posts +

The time is correct until i log in. I'll change it to london time till it's fixed.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:29 AM   #5
Site Donor MONTHLY

Lynwood

I think I know what the problem is. Time is based on your server and not where you are located. There is a fix in the works and I am coding that up right now. Until then hang tight.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:54 AM   #6
1000 Posts +

Halo, the new web design looks great. I know it's lots of work and I and I'm sure most everyone else appreciates it.

Back when you did the last update last spring, there was this time issue. I had the problem too and setting my time ahead (maybe to London time) corrected the issue. Now that this new look has been made, it appears that the time issue is fixed because my time now shows me as 6 hours ahead of the actual time. The problem is I can't seem to find where I'm supposed to change my location so that I can have the correct time. I'm sure I'm just overlooking it. If it's easier for you to do it than tell me to do it, I'm in the central time zone. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:14 AM   #7
Site Donor MONTHLY

Ok, here is the info you need. There is a time clock that I set. Right now we are set to CST central standard time, where we are and our servers are. When you sign up you have to tell our software where you are located. It's called your profile for the website. To update and change your time setting there click this link.

http://www.blackandgold.net/site/user.php?op=edituser

Or simply go to the top of the page and click "edit accnt" in the log in box.

There you will see a setting where is says "Time zone offset"

You pull down your time zone and you time should be correct.

The system DOES NOT ALLOW FOR daylight savings time.

You may need to set your time back to "GMT -7:00 Mountain Time" to offset for this, then when Daylight Savings time is over with you can go back to the CST offset setting.

Write back in this forum and tell me if this helps.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:06 PM   #8
1000 Posts +

Yeah, that got it. Thanks! I knew I had to be looking at it, but not seeing it. I appreciate your help.
Closed Thread