Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL

Vontze Burfict obviously targeting the head

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; https://streamable.com/4ryru XLIV CHAMPS...

Like Tree5Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,539
Vontze Burfict obviously targeting the head

https://streamable.com/4ryru

XLIV CHAMPS
44Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:21 PM   #2
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,947
Re: Vontze Burfict obviously targeting the head

He was obviously EJECTED!!
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:51 AM   #3
Resident Swede
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Märsta, Sweden
Posts: 7,666
Re: Vontze Burfict obviously targeting the head

How many times has he done that? He needs to be suspended for a looong time if the NFL really is serious about preventing head injuries.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:48 AM   #4
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 16,183
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Vontze Burfict obviously targeting the head

15 years ago this was actually legal in the NFL.

Burfict is bad news though. He should have been out of the league years ago.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:29 AM   #5
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,539
Re: Vontze Burfict obviously targeting the head

Tbis guy's not gonna change. He's proven over and over that he's a bad egg. He needs to be banned, not just suspended.

XLIV CHAMPS
K Major likes this.
44Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:58 AM   #6
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 16,183
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Vontze Burfict obviously targeting the head

Originally Posted by 44Champs View Post
Tbis guy's not gonna change. He's proven over and over that he's a bad egg. He needs to be banned, not just suspended.

XLIV CHAMPS
Good call.

Raiders' Vontaze Burfict suspended for rest of season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ed-rest-season
44Champs likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:53 PM   #7
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,947
Re: Vontze Burfict obviously targeting the head

What about the Patriot defender who clearly targeted Josh Allen?
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:00 PM   #8
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,947
Re: Vontze Burfict obviously targeting the head

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
15 years ago this was actually legal in the NFL.

Burfict is bad news though. He should have been out of the league years ago.
So was the Clothes Line, DE Head Slap, Crack Back and Cut Block, Spearing. Look up Jim Youngblood almost kill Tommy Kramer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-8a6193952bc0/
K Major likes this.
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:23 PM   #9
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 16,183
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Vontze Burfict obviously targeting the head

Originally Posted by vpheughan View Post
So was the Clothes Line, DE Head Slap, Crack Back and Cut Block, Spearing. Look up Jim Youngblood almost kill Tommy Kramer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-8a6193952bc0/
My dad used to tell me stories about those "old Raiders" from the Tom Flores era. Jack Tatum was a guy who literally played the game as if he was trying to seriously injure the opponent. His hit (unnecessary on a defenseless player) ended Daryl Stingley's career & unfortunately left him paralyzed.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:32 PM   #10
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 1,159
Re: Vontze Burfict obviously targeting the head

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
My dad used to tell me stories about those "old Raiders" from the Tom Flores era. Jack Tatum was a guy who literally played the game as if he was trying to seriously injure the opponent. His hit (unnecessary on a defenseless player) ended Daryl Stingley's career & unfortunately left him paralyzed.
Jack Tatum was extremely dirty. The Raiders back then prided themselves on being a dirty team. Whether it was lathering arms up in stick 'em glue or head hunting play, they made sure they left teams battered and bruised.

When they played the Bears in what was dubbed the "most violent NFL game ever", the Bears were focused on inflicting pain right back and giving them a dose of their own medicine.

This game was so bad that Jim McMahon had a lacerated kidney and urinated blood. Both teams were trying to kill each other.

More about it here - https://deadspin.com/what-it-was-lik...e-e-1478281685
CHA_CHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts