Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

2022 NFL Draft: Draft Prospects, Scouting

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by AsylumGuido *Shared Tweet Twitter George Karlaftis Career Highlights | Purdue EDGE | 2022 NFL Draft Prospect - YouTube George Karlaftis Career Highlights | Purdue EDGE | 2022 NFL Draft Prospect - YouTube...

Like Tree241Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2021, 06:56 AM   #91
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 41,467
Blog Entries: 39
Re: 2022 NFL Draft: Draft Prospects, Scouting

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
*Shared Tweet


jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:49 AM   #92
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Finland... formerly Southern Virginia
Posts: 4,821
Re: 2022 NFL Draft: Draft Prospects, Scouting

I'd like to see them draft a big NT/DT high in the next draft, but there are naturally other positions of higher need.
ChrisXVI likes this.
FinSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:30 AM   #93
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 19,480
Blog Entries: 2
Re: 2022 NFL Draft: Draft Prospects, Scouting

Yes please.
jeanpierre likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 12:26 PM   #94
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 19,480
Blog Entries: 2
Re: 2022 NFL Draft: Draft Prospects, Scouting

Saints O line went from a top 10 unit to injuries, scrubs, and 24-hour fitness managers.

Mid round is where Iíd target a guard/tackle.
jeanpierre and Rugby Saint II like this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 01:44 PM   #95
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 41,467
Blog Entries: 39
Re: 2022 NFL Draft: Draft Prospects, Scouting

Originally Posted by FinSaint View Post
I'd like to see them draft a big NT/DT high in the next draft, but there are naturally other positions of higher need.
I'd never take a NT higher than the late 3rd round; however, an exceptional DT3? I'd take in the first round, just hated the Payton-era R1 selections...

Look at the value we got for Onyemata...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 02:36 PM   #96
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 11,143
Re: 2022 NFL Draft: Draft Prospects, Scouting

The DT position is a sneaky need for us. Shy Tuttle has become a pretty reliable run-stopper in base defense but we need more interior pressure on passing downs. We have a grand total of 1.5 sacks this season from our DTís and 7 TFLís.
FinSaint likes this.
ChrisXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 02:44 PM   #97
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Watford England
Posts: 8,395
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2022 NFL Draft: Draft Prospects, Scouting

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
I'd never take a NT higher than the late 3rd round; however, an exceptional DT3? I'd take in the first round, just hated the Payton-era R1 selections...

Look at the value we got for Onyemata...
Hicks aswell,though he stepped up more after he left.
Agree that with the holes the Saints have a DT in the 1st wouldn't be a great move.

I'm honestly expecting a a OT. Though imho if they are not in a full rebuild mode they should re-sign Armstead to squash his 12ml dead cap hit and spread it over a new deal.
Having Armstead and Ramczyk anchoring both ends of the line and McCoy at C is a great starting point. Ideally you get at least one starting calibre guard in and let Peat/Ruiz/Throckmorton etc battle out for the other spot.

WR all depends on what happens with MT, if his head is straight and he is healthy I don't actually think the WR are bad at all. A 3/4 rounder might be enough to fill out the room with whatever you pick up in FA as the likes of Smith,Stills need to be gone. But Thomas Calloway Harris is a nice start.

TE is a must
RB a luxury that can't be afforded bar a late rounder flyer


DE all depends on what the future is for Cam Jordan.
I really wouldn't mind seeing another brought in and Cam playing both DE/DT especially with how fragile Davenport and Turner are. I do like Kpassagnon aswell.

DT
Strength of the line they seem to be able to just slot UDFA and late round picks in and they hold the line well most games. Not alot of sacks from them but more important holes imo. Not a particularly strong point in drafting R1 DE lately

LB
3 good starting calibre players in Werner,Kwon and Davis.
Be nice to resign Kwon if possible.

CB
Probably OK there

S
Depends on what happens with Williams who will be a massive loss as he will be getting paid big big money. Then there Jenkins age

"Two receivers to the left, Garcon to the right. Manning in the shotgun, puts Collie in motion. Looks in his direction...it's picked off! It's picked off! It's Tracy Porter again! He's runnin' free! He's gonna go all the way!
lee909 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 03:09 PM   #98
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 11,143
Re: 2022 NFL Draft: Draft Prospects, Scouting

I donít see us going O-Line in the first round. We arenít going to bench or get rid of Ruiz or Peat. Ramczyk will move to LT and either Hurst or Young will play RT.

As far as what direction we will go in, we have to see who we lose to FA.
ChrisXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 05:27 PM   #99
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 19,480
Blog Entries: 2
Re: 2022 NFL Draft: Draft Prospects, Scouting

OL, WR (1a, 1b).

You need to bring in more quality players that will compete.

Free Agency/draft will be interesting for New Orleans.
saintfan likes this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:27 PM   #100
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 41,467
Blog Entries: 39
Re: 2022 NFL Draft: Draft Prospects, Scouting

Originally Posted by lee909 View Post
Hicks aswell,though he stepped up more after he left.
Agree that with the holes the Saints have a DT in the 1st wouldn't be a great move.

I'm honestly expecting a a OT. Though imho if they are not in a full rebuild mode they should re-sign Armstead to squash his 12ml dead cap hit and spread it over a new deal.
Having Armstead and Ramczyk anchoring both ends of the line and McCoy at C is a great starting point. Ideally you get at least one starting calibre guard in and let Peat/Ruiz/Throckmorton etc battle out for the other spot.

WR all depends on what happens with MT, if his head is straight and he is healthy I don't actually think the WR are bad at all. A 3/4 rounder might be enough to fill out the room with whatever you pick up in FA as the likes of Smith,Stills need to be gone. But Thomas Calloway Harris is a nice start.

TE is a must
RB a luxury that can't be afforded bar a late rounder flyer


DE all depends on what the future is for Cam Jordan.
I really wouldn't mind seeing another brought in and Cam playing both DE/DT especially with how fragile Davenport and Turner are. I do like Kpassagnon aswell.

DT
Strength of the line they seem to be able to just slot UDFA and late round picks in and they hold the line well most games. Not alot of sacks from them but more important holes imo. Not a particularly strong point in drafting R1 DE lately

LB
3 good starting calibre players in Werner,Kwon and Davis.
Be nice to resign Kwon if possible.

CB
Probably OK there

S
Depends on what happens with Williams who will be a massive loss as he will be getting paid big big money. Then there Jenkins age
Let Armstead walk, take the compensatory 3rd, draft Trevor Penning; with Ramczyk under contract, we're good for five years at OT; Young is your swing OT...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts