Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

2023 HBCU Combine

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Twitter Twitter...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By SmashMouth
  • 1 Post By BakoSaint
  • 3 Post By K Major
  • 3 Post By Rugby Saint II
  • 1 Post By AsylumGuido
  • 2 Post By SmashMouth
  • 2 Post By K Major

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2023, 09:31 PM   #1
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 34,424
Blog Entries: 29
2023 HBCU Combine


rezburna likes this.
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Puck the Fro Browl! Last Blog: 02-05-2023 By: neugey




This is the year Last Blog: 11-25-2022 By: neugey


Old 02-20-2023, 11:06 PM   #2
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 734
Re: 2023 HBCU Combine

Any QBs? I heard there were several with as many career nfl playoff wins as Derek Carr who are younger and would cost less.
jcp026 likes this.
BakoSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 04:20 AM   #3
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gulfport
Posts: 1,156
Re: 2023 HBCU Combine

Originally Posted by BakoSaint View Post
Any QBs? I heard there were several with as many career nfl playoff wins as Derek Carr who are younger and would cost less.
I watched every JSU game this past season. I didnít see one QB they played against that looked the part. Thatís not speaking on every HBCU QB, just the ones that played JSU.
NCCUís Davius Richard is the only QB that had any success against JSU.
cmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 08:06 AM   #4
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 21,975
Blog Entries: 3
Re: 2023 HBCU Combine

Mark Evans III - Oline

Arkansas Pine Bluff

Last time we drafted a lineman from a HBCU (coincidentally same college), it was T Armstead.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 08:56 AM   #5
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 22,072
Re: 2023 HBCU Combine

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Mark Evans III - Oline

Arkansas Pine Bluff

Last time we drafted a lineman from a HBCU (coincidentally same college), it was T Armstead.
We do need a big ugly lineman in the draft to protect whatever quarterback we have under Center. I would like to see us draft two offensive lineman.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 10:05 AM   #6
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20,301
Re: 2023 HBCU Combine

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
We do need a big ugly lineman in the draft to protect whatever quarterback we have under Center. I would like to see us draft two offensive lineman.
Penning should be taking over LT this season. McCoy is a fixture at center. Ruiz turned into our most reliable lineman last season at RG. Ramcyzk is still a stud at RT. Hurst is still around for depth, as are Landon Young and Lewis Kidd. I can definitely see trying to get a potential starter at LG early and depth elsewhere later.

Most importantly, we need whomever we have to be healthy enough to remain on the field.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 11:06 AM   #7
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 34,424
Blog Entries: 29
Re: 2023 HBCU Combine

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Mark Evans III - Oline

Arkansas Pine Bluff

Last time we drafted a lineman from a HBCU (coincidentally same college), it was T Armstead.
Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
We do need a big ugly lineman in the draft to protect whatever quarterback we have under Center. I would like to see us draft two offensive lineman.
Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
Penning should be taking over LT this season. McCoy is a fixture at center. Ruiz turned into our most reliable lineman last season at RG. Ramcyzk is still a stud at RT. Hurst is still around for depth, as are Landon Young and Lewis Kidd. I can definitely see trying to get a potential starter at LG early and depth elsewhere later.

Most importantly, we need whomever we have to be healthy enough to remain on the field.

Injuries happen, now more than ever with just how they handle them organizationally. We need quality depth that can not only start but also supplant the current crop of OL. We should always strive to get better players than we currently have, no matter the position group, especially with the current cap implications.
UK_WhoDat and Rugby Saint II like this.
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 11:32 AM   #8
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20,301
Re: 2023 HBCU Combine

AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 03:01 PM   #9
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 21,975
Blog Entries: 3
Re: 2023 HBCU Combine

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
Injuries happen, now more than ever with just how they handle them organizationally. We need quality depth that can not only start but also supplant the current crop of OL. We should always strive to get better players than we currently have, no matter the position group, especially with the current cap implications.
+1.

Not just depth, but quality depth is paramount.
SmashMouth and Rugby Saint II like this.
K Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts