Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Lol @ Guido

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2023...jury-contract/...

Like Tree7Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2023, 04:12 PM   #1
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,888
Lol @ Guido

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2023...jury-contract/
mapcow likes this.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Latest Blogs
Puck the Fro Browl! Last Blog: 02-05-2023 By: neugey




This is the year Last Blog: 11-25-2022 By: neugey


Old 03-11-2023, 04:23 PM   #2
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20,301
Re: Lol @ Guido

I fail to see the humor. Personally I hoped he would be a success, but others were hoping he would fail. He did fail so I guess that's makes those haters happy. Go figure. I personally fail to see where his failure is anything of which to be proud. But, I guess one has to look for personal satisfaction where they can find it.



AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 06:03 PM   #3
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,888
Re: Lol @ Guido

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
I fail to see the humor. Personally I hoped he would be a success, but others were hoping he would fail. He did fail so I guess that's makes those haters happy. Go figure. I personally fail to see where his failure is anything of which to be proud. But, I guess one has to look for personal satisfaction where they can find it.



You pretty much guaranteed he would be a success and started banging on your keyboard flaming anyone who disagreed. Then you welched on a bet when it didn't work out.
mapcow likes this.
The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 06:40 PM   #4
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20,301
Re: Lol @ Guido

Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
You pretty much guaranteed he would be a success and started banging on your keyboard flaming anyone who disagreed. Then you welched on a bet when it didn't work out.
Bullcrap. I never welched on any bet you liar.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 06:47 PM   #5
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 734
Re: Lol @ Guido

Meredith was a roll of the dice that did not land in our favor. He came at a steep discount knowing his injury history. The money involved was small. Saints Wire / ChatGPT failed to do its research here. Jarius Byrd made about 3x what Cameron Meredith made and produce an equally zero value, so clearly Byrd's contract was worse.

The mistake was not signing Meredith per se. The mistake was taking a flyer on a player with a long and treacherous road to recovery and penciling him in as a critical starter vital to the offense in the closing years of Brees' window as an elite starting QB. Its fine to take those gambles if you have reliable options behind them as an insurance policy, but Loomis made the mistake of not just gambling Meredith's small salary, but also Brees' large salary, on the outcome. I would sign a player like Meredith for a discount contract like that today, because he was a great receiver, and he had a 50% chance maybe to come back from injury. Michael Thomas I would offer less than Meredith, because with 3 years of injury the odds to be effective again are much much lower.
BakoSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 07:36 AM   #6
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 10,211
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Lol @ Guido

I thought he'd be a solid contributor too. Had all the ability, just no "availability".

I'd argue there are far worse FA signings. Guys who DO play but play miserably are worse then ones who never get to show it.

Browner was incredibly embarrassing.
saintsfan1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 08:19 AM   #7
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20,301
Re: Lol @ Guido

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
I thought he'd be a solid contributor too. Had all the ability, just no "availability".

I'd argue there are far worse FA signings. Guys who DO play but play miserably are worse then ones who never get to show it.

Browner was incredibly embarrassing.
I think you definitely came closer with Browner.

But, I'd like to nominate the legendary ...

Jason David!
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 09:12 AM   #8
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,743
Re: Lol @ Guido

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido View Post
I think you definitely came closer with Browner.

But, I'd like to nominate the legendary ...

Jason David!
I agree with you, but on the other hand Jason David led the team in Ints in 2008 lol

Jason David, personally, seemed like a really nice guy too, just wasn't good for our defense. Browner, however, what a piece of **** he was.
AsylumGuido likes this.
dizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 11:31 AM   #9
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 20,301
Re: Lol @ Guido

Originally Posted by dizzle88 View Post
I agree with you, but on the other hand Jason David led the team in Ints in 2008 lol

Jason David, personally, seemed like a really nice guy too, just wasn't good for our defense. Browner, however, what a piece of **** he was.
LOL! Yeah. He had eight picks in his two years, but he'd either get a interception or give up a 80 yard TD. Nothing in between.
dizzle88 likes this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 12:02 PM   #10
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,116
Re: Lol @ Guido

Originally Posted by BakoSaint View Post
Meredith was a roll of the dice that did not land in our favor. He came at a steep discount knowing his injury history. The money involved was small. Saints Wire / ChatGPT failed to do its research here. Jarius Byrd made about 3x what Cameron Meredith made and produce an equally zero value, so clearly Byrd's contract was worse.
The Byrd signing was worse. However the article did stipulate within last 5 years. Byrd and Meredith were before that. So neither would qualify. Iíd have to review for the last 5 years. I guess itís a good thing that none jump out right away.

Edit, Meredith played first for Saints in 2018, so thatís likely why he was chosen.
Boston Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts