New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Featured Discussion THEY TAGGED HIM!!! (https://blackandgold.com/saints/41700-they-tagged-him.html)

Rugby Saint II 03-03-2012 05:12 PM

hitta is right.........so is AsylumGuido. Too many knee jerk reactions. "What we have here is a failure to communicate."
Things aren't playing out like we thought, but we've got to remember Drew has another child on the way. He may really want to play for less but feels obligated to his family and their security.
There may still be method to this madness. Drew isn't going anywhere(he'd better stay healthy). Let's step back and believe.

claus808 03-03-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II (Post 382336)
hitta is right.........so is AsylumGuido. Too many knee jerk reactions. "What we have here is a failure to communicate."
Things aren't playing out like we thought, but we've got to remember Drew has another child on the way. He may really want to play for less but feels obligated to his family and their security.
There may still be method to this madness. Drew isn't going anywhere(he'd better stay healthy). Let's step back and believe.

Drew has another child on the way and wants more money for the security of his family...ok sooo the millions he is making now isn't enough?

CharityMike 03-03-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claus808 (Post 382337)
Drew has another child on the way and wants more money for the security of his family...ok sooo the millions he is making now isn't enough?

60 mil to be exact. Not counting god only knows how much from endorsements.

jnormand 03-03-2012 05:19 PM

I don't have any ill feelings toward Brees. I just wish they would have come to terms. It'll still get done. Sucks we had to use the tag on Drew. This is business.

Euphoria 03-03-2012 05:20 PM

Well I predict this is Drew's last good year at best... its all down hill for him after this.

He had a chance to make 5-7, million this year alone. I don't see Drew being a Saint next year. This is the first dumb move by Drew Bree's. And the start to the end.

Time to move on and start rebuilding after this year. Its an all or nothing year, and we are off to a freakin' great start aren't we!

Its an all or nothing year and Drew has now have incentive to win a SB this year and really cash in next year... if he doesn't then we are parting ways and let the rebuild begin.

AsylumGuido 03-03-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claus808 (Post 382337)
Drew has another child on the way and wants more money for the security of his family...ok sooo the millions he is making now isn't enough?

When you sign a deal with a high powered agent like Condon you agree to let him handle everything that has to do with contract negotiations. This is exactly what Condon was trying to get. He obviously high-balled the Saints with his demands hoping that the Saints would tag Brees so his other client, Carl Nicks, would avoid the tag and be able to hit the open market.

iceshack149 03-03-2012 05:54 PM

Pay the man!


:dunce:

iceshack149 03-03-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euphoria (Post 382341)
Well I predict this is Drew's last good year at best... its all down hill for him after this.

He had a chance to make 5-7, million this year alone. I don't see Drew being a Saint next year. This is the first dumb move by Drew Bree's. And the start to the end.

Time to move on and start rebuilding after this year. Its an all or nothing year, and we are off to a freakin' great start aren't we!

Its an all or nothing year and Drew has now have incentive to win a SB this year and really cash in next year... if he doesn't then we are parting ways and let the rebuild begin.

Sil-ly.

It's all over now. I'm coming Elizabeth.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...nb7n38WMRtTzTQ
Quote:

Style: Besides Drew is really not that good. It is the system. He is an above average QB and would play like that in another system. In this system he is elite. If we get an average QB in this system he would be an above average QB.
:dunce:
Are you the Tampa Bay guy? Covetousness rots the soul, man.

AsylumGuido 03-03-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceshack149 (Post 382361)
Pay the man!


:dunce:

Don't worry, he'll get paid now that Condon got what he wanted.

iceshack149 03-03-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 382366)
Don't worry, he'll get paid now that Condon got what he wanted.

I hope that my sarcasm was evident. Somebody recently brought up the "Pay the man" fans and how silly that statement sounds.

But how did Condon get what he wanted? It seems that Condon wanted a contract for Brees that was bigger than Manings. Most players hate the Franchise Tag and in Brees case, he'll be making a lot less. And he's no spring chicken. That's a lot of uncertainty.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com