New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Featured Discussion THEY TAGGED HIM!!! (https://blackandgold.com/saints/41700-they-tagged-him.html)

saints1234 03-03-2012 02:46 PM

THEY TAGGED HIM!!!
 
1 Attachment(s)
it just said it at the bottom of the TV on NFL network they franchised Brees.....

this is horrible

Jankman8 03-03-2012 02:49 PM

Yes it is, this REALLY sucks.. goodbye Carl Nicks, maybe goodbye Marques Colston.

Can this still be reversed until the 5th?

Crusader 03-03-2012 02:50 PM

Good! Now Brees only have himself to blame when he gets sacked by an interior lineman during the season.

Jankman8 03-03-2012 02:55 PM

God Iīm mad at the moment... WTF is going on?

hitta 03-03-2012 02:56 PM

Eh, I think we can still work out a deal with Nicks. I think we went ahead and used the franchise tag encase Roger Goodell did something like take away our franchise tag, which would have left us in a situation without a guarantee on Brees. We may still work out a deal with Brees in the coming days.

Jankman8 03-03-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitta (Post 382194)
Eh, I think we can still work out a deal with Nicks. I think we went ahead and used the franchise tag encase Roger Goodell did something like take away our franchise tag, which would have left us in a situation without a guarantee on Brees. We may still work out a deal with Brees in the coming days.

Is that still possible to work out a longterm deal with Brees and then put the tag on Nicks?

hitta 03-03-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jankman8 (Post 382195)
Is that still possible to work out a longterm deal with Brees and then put the tag on Nicks?

No. But we still have enough caproom to work out something with Nicks.

QBREES9 03-03-2012 03:01 PM

WOW ! I guess he's in it for the money too

W. Kovacs 03-03-2012 03:02 PM

Worst Offseason Ever
 
Wake me when this nightmare is over, okay?

This is un-fricking-believable.

Jankman8 03-03-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitta (Post 382196)
No. But we still have enough caproom to work out something with Nicks.

Well then what about Brees next year + Jimmy Graham? I think the Saints had in mind to sign Brees lonterm, tag Nicks and then let him go next year after drafting his predecessor with the first pick in the draft...

hitta 03-03-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jankman8 (Post 382200)
Well then what about Brees next year + Jimmy Graham? I think the Saints had in mind to sign Brees lonterm, tag Nicks and then let him go next year after drafting his predecessor with the first pick in the draft...

Well yes, that was the plan. Unfortunately that didn't work out. I don't think all hope is lost though. We have a lot of deadweight on our team that are overpaid, that could be replaced with cheaper and younger alternatives. I still think we can get it all sorted out.

CharityMike 03-03-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QBREES9 (Post 382198)
WOW ! I guess he's in it for the money too

Did you honestly think he wasn't, all that "going to do whats best for the team" is just lip service.

B005TED 03-03-2012 03:11 PM

Not even sure what to say now. :-(

QBREES9 03-03-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityMike (Post 382205)
Did you honestly think he wasn't, all that "going to do whats best for the team" is just lip service.

No. But I thought it was because he heard a higher calling to come to New Orleans. Dude is full of **** 1

Jankman8 03-03-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitta (Post 382201)
Well yes, that was the plan. Unfortunately that didn't work out. I don't think all hope is lost though. We have a lot of deadweight on our team that are overpaid, that could be replaced with cheaper and younger alternatives. I still think we can get it all sorted out.

Like? And what players are you talking about? I donīt see ANY way we keep Nicks and Colston at a reasonable price, resign Graham and impore the Defense.

CharityMike 03-03-2012 03:16 PM

Yep.. a 5 million $ difference for the first 3 years...that was the big holdup. I am so pissed and probably going to regret saying this, I hope he gets what he deserves and if he is having flashbacks right now, good!

QBREES9 03-03-2012 03:18 PM

What about keeping this team together ! Load of crap Load of crap. Can't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

Jankman8 03-03-2012 03:19 PM

Well wouldnīt be surprised if both Sean Payton and Brees leave the Saints for Dallas in the coming years. Nicks will already be waiting there!

Ashley 03-03-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityMike (Post 382212)
Yep.. a 5 million $ difference for the first 3 years...that was the big holdup. I am so pissed and probably going to regret saying this, I hope he gets what he deserves and if he is having flashbacks right now, good!

I will never say this
" I hope he gets what he deserves" Drew is our team. I'm just AS pissed about this as everyone else. On both sides of the table. THIS does suck.

saints1234 03-03-2012 03:22 PM

easy ppl yea this totally suck!!!! and its a nightmare but lets not forget that Brees was the best thing to ever happen to this team lets not wish ill upon his head

Ashley 03-03-2012 03:23 PM

it's like wtf is going on with the agents players and gm's around the league!!
I fu***** hate this.

I'm I in a bad dream

CharityMike 03-03-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley (Post 382215)
I will never say this
" I hope he gets what he deserves" Drew is our team. I'm just AS pissed about this as everyone else. On both sides of the table. THIS does suck.

Its ok I did! I know he is the team, which is why this piss's me off so much. The greed and the BS he has been spewing out his pie hole all because he wanted 5 mil more on the front rather the back. AND knowing he already previously turned down a contract offer that would have made him the highest paid player..he can kiss it!

Jankman8 03-03-2012 03:26 PM

Drew Brees fire your agent!!! You should have taken the money. You'll be 34 next year. The career ending injury and your done. The NFL is unforgiving. Take a look at Peyton Manning!!! What are you doing? I don't understand the logic..........all it takes is one play......

QBREES9 03-03-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saints1234 (Post 382216)
easy ppl yea this totally suck!!!! and its a nightmare but lets not forget that Brees was the best thing to ever happen to this team lets not wish ill upon his head

I agree with that. I don't wish ill on anyone. But we all bought in to him. I just don't want to hear a word about this team if they start lossing. He was the one who said we need to keep this team together. He is the one.

Jankman8 03-03-2012 03:27 PM

Well I have to ask one more time, can they still decide on a longterm deal and put the tag on Nicks or Colston?

onebyone 03-03-2012 03:27 PM

There goes my hope of the Brees contract getting worked out, to give us some great news in the midst of this bounty nightmare.

I didn't think there was a chance in the world they wouldn't come to terms. I really believed in the keep the team together story.

QBREES9 03-03-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jankman8 (Post 382220)
Drew Brees fire your agent!!! You should have taken the money. You'll be 34 next year. The career ending injury and your done. The NFL is unforgiving. Take a look at Peyton Manning!!! What are you doing? I don't understand the logic..........all it takes is one play......

you're right jackman !

W. Kovacs 03-03-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityMike (Post 382205)
Did you honestly think he wasn't, all that "going to do whats best for the team" is just lip service.

I did. I mean, obviously he does what he does for money, I'm not THAT naive.

I just hoped he would be the type that would put his team, his city, and yes, his fans above the difference between $18 MILLION and $23 MILLION dollars/year; especially when the only real difference was in guaranteed money and the end-result of the contract would have been roughly the same amount of payoff to him, total.

Now we have to go through this sh*t again next year. Assuming he survives the beating he's probably going to get after EVERY team out there sends the wolves after him in retaliation for the whole "bounty" debacle, and our O-Line doesn't have Nicks to protect him.

Drew's is the only Jersey I currently own. Not sure I'll be able to wear it for a long, long time.

Sweet Sassy Molassy, I am just so bummed out right now...

Jankman8 03-03-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W. Kovacs (Post 382225)
I did. I mean, obviously he does what he does for money, I'm not THAT naive.

I just hoped he would be the type that would put his team, his city, and yes, his fans above the difference between $18 MILLION and $23 MILLION dollars/year; especially when the only real difference was in guaranteed money and the end-result of the contract would have been roughly the same amount of payoff to him, total.

Now we have to go through this sh*t again next year. Assuming he survives the beating he's probably going to get after EVERY team out there sends the wolves after him in retaliation for the whole "bounty" debacle, and our O-Line doesn't have Nicks to protect him.

Drew's is the only Jersey I currently own. Not sure I'll be able to wear it for a long, long time.

Sweet Sassy Molassy, I am just so bummed out right now...

Well at least you can wear your jersey next year, my #12 Colston.... probably not.

QBREES9 03-03-2012 03:29 PM

I like to send him a tweet. WTH were you thinking.

Danno 03-03-2012 03:30 PM

Tom Condon.

Brees should have fired him weeks ago.

CharityMike 03-03-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 382230)
Tom Condon.

Brees should have fired him weeks ago.

If the next report I see is Brees fires Condon, this would be the only thing that would make me feel better right now.

Danno 03-03-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityMike (Post 382232)
If the next report I see is Brees fires Condon, this would be the only thing that would make me feel better right now.

I can't help but feel there's a reason the Patriots won't even speak with players that have Tom Condon as their agent.

Jankman8 03-03-2012 03:36 PM

Same thing with Scott Boras in Baseball....

Ashley 03-03-2012 03:36 PM

Christ. I have to take a break from the board now. I'm to freaking pissed to read anymore bull **** about this contract, bounty bull ****, keeping our team together bull ****, Nicks doesn't want a tag bull ****, Colston not giving a home town discount bull ****, losing draft picks maybe bull ****.

Danno 03-03-2012 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley (Post 382237)
Christ. I have to take a break from the board now. I'm to freaking pissed to read anymore bull **** about this contract, bounty bull ****, keeping our team together bull ****, Nicks doesn't want a tag bull ****, Colston not giving a home town discount bull ****

I'm sure, like you, I wish the damn word filter was disabled for just a few days.

SapperSaint 03-03-2012 03:57 PM

Drew is Franchised
 
NFL.com news: Saints use franchise tender on QB Brees

CharityMike 03-03-2012 04:05 PM

Hey Carl Knicks why don't you suck my @ss!! Cry baby!!

Danno 03-03-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharityMike (Post 382270)
Hey Carl Knicks why don't you suck my @ss!! Cry baby!!


Why?

Nothing wrong with his comment...

Quote:

Meanwhile, free-agent guard Carl Nicks was happy that he wasn't franchise tagged and still hoped to re-sign with the Saints, according to The Times-Picayune.

QBREES9 03-03-2012 04:09 PM

Clean it up boy's


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com