![]() |
Saints players reject settlement offer from NFL's Bounty Scandal
1 Attachment(s)
It appears the suspended players in the New Orleans Saints bounty hearings will stand their ground and wait for a decision from former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue early this week as the players rejected a settlement deal from the NFL on Friday, a source said Sunday morning.
The source added possible suspension reductions for Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma (season-long suspension) and defensive end Will Smith (four games), along with former Saints defenders Scott Fujita (one) and Anthony Hargrove (seven, with five already served) were contingent on the players agreeing to a statement full of untruths designed to protect current NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and his standing in the NFL. There's been a sense since the witness portion of the New Orleans Saints bounty hearings ended last Monday that Tagliabue will make his ruling on possible punishments early this week. "We will continue to respect Mr. Tagliabue's direction to refrain from commenting on the proceedings," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Sunday morning. Vilma said last Monday's proceedings went well, but he added that he said the same thing the last time he met with the league regarding his alleged ties to the bounty scandal. "I think Paul (Tagliabue) seemed a little bit more receptive," Vilma said after testifying in New Orleans earlier this week. FROM NOLA.COM |
Re: Saints players reject settlement offer from NFL's Bounty Scandal
:popcorn:
As expected, of course ... |
Somebody starting to feel the heat?
They will get another offer before any decision is announced. Nothing short of a complete retraction of bounty accusation and reinstatement of draft picks is good enough. |
Re: Saints players reject settlement offer from NFL's Bounty Scandal
What settlement for wrecking a team, demoralising hardcore fans, and all the bleep, bleep, bleep that others and media has thrown?
PRICELESS |
Re: Saints players reject settlement offer from NFL's Bounty Scandal
The only settlement which I would accept is Goodell's resignation for incompetence and his inability to provide due process.
|
Re: Saints players reject settlement offer from NFL's Bounty Scandal
I just don't think Tagliabue is going to be really objective in his ruling, and the players will probably end up feeling like they were wronged once again.
Let us not forget that Tagliabue is a league guy, and therefore, he'll probably try to protect the league and Goodell along with it, regardless of what anyone says about him. |
Re: Saints players reject settlement offer from NFL's Bounty Scandal
First the NFL backed off of some of their allegations. Then they reduced some of the suspensions. Then Goodell stepped away. Now they offer another settlement. This is going horribly wrong for them. A slow, slow, retreat. I believe their next move will be an undisclosed settlement involving cash and time served.
|
Re: Saints players reject settlement offer from NFL's Bounty Scandal
Quote:
|
Re: Saints players reject settlement offer from NFL's Bounty Scandal
Quote:
|
Re: Saints players reject settlement offer from NFL's Bounty Scandal
Part of the settlement should include playing the browns, jaguars, eagles and cardinals for next years schedule.
|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM. |
Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com