Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints players reject settlement offer from NFL's Bounty Scandal

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; It appears the suspended players in the New Orleans Saints bounty hearings will stand their ground and wait for a decision from former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue early this week as the players rejected a settlement deal from the NFL ...

Like Tree7Likes

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
Site Donor MONTHLY
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 20,860
Blog Entries: 45
Saints players reject settlement offer from NFL's Bounty Scandal

It appears the suspended players in the New Orleans Saints bounty hearings will stand their ground and wait for a decision from former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue early this week as the players rejected a settlement deal from the NFL on Friday, a source said Sunday morning.

The source added possible suspension reductions for Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma (season-long suspension) and defensive end Will Smith (four games), along with former Saints defenders Scott Fujita (one) and Anthony Hargrove (seven, with five already served) were contingent on the players agreeing to a statement full of untruths designed to protect current NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and his standing in the NFL.
There's been a sense since the witness portion of the New Orleans Saints bounty hearings ended last Monday that Tagliabue will make his ruling on possible punishments early this week.

"We will continue to respect Mr. Tagliabue's direction to refrain from commenting on the proceedings," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Sunday morning.

Vilma said last Monday's proceedings went well, but he added that he said the same thing the last time he met with the league regarding his alleged ties to the bounty scandal.

"I think Paul (Tagliabue) seemed a little bit more receptive," Vilma said after testifying in New Orleans earlier this week.

FROM NOLA.COM
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	goodell1.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	5827  

Like blackandgold.com on facebook follow us on Twitter
Halo is offline  
 

Tags
bountygate, saints, settlement, tagliabue, vilma


Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://blackandgold.com/saints/53605-saints-players-reject-settlement-offer-nfls-bounty-scandal.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
The Latest Anthony Hargrove News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-09-2012 12:12 PM 1
The Latest New Orleans Saints News | SportSpyder This thread Refback 12-09-2012 11:46 AM 2
Saints players reject settlement offer from NFL's Bounty Scandal This thread Refback 12-09-2012 11:34 AM 10


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts