New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   How do you feel about mark ingram now? (https://blackandgold.com/saints/63011-how-do-you-feel-about-mark-ingram-now.html)

TheOak 12-20-2013 06:34 AM

Re: How do you feel about mark ingram now?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by papz (Post 561989)
Think about that for a minute.

Ok, I have stopped chuckling now...

papz, you are just one comment away from taking our members to the next level. :bng:

44Champs 12-20-2013 08:26 AM

Re: How do you feel about mark ingram now?
 
MI's just in the wrong system. He needs a lot of carries as a #1 back to reap the success that he saw in college.

I didn't like Reggie Bush's production when he was here. He probably did all that east/west running cuz he knew he wasn't gonna touch the ball 20 times a game and wanted to make the most out of every carry. He's much more productive now in Detroit.

Danno 12-20-2013 08:45 AM

Re: How do you feel about mark ingram now?
 
Rushing leaders
Mark Ingram 62 -283 -4.6
Darren Sproles 49 -219 -4.5
Khiry Robinson 36 -156 -4.3
Pierre Thomas 136 -521 -3.8

Receiving leaders (RBs)
Mark Ingram 5 -58 -11.6
Darren Sproles 66 -556 -8.4
Pierre Thomas 71 -503 -7.1

Bust and sucks huh?

TheOak 12-20-2013 09:11 AM

Re: How do you feel about mark ingram now?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 562006)
Rushing leaders
Mark Ingram 62 -283 -4.6
Darren Sproles 49 -219 -4.5
Khiry Robinson 36 -156 -4.3
Pierre Thomas 136 -521 -3.8

Receiving leaders (RBs)
Mark Ingram 5 -58 -11.6
Darren Sproles 66 -556 -8.4
Pierre Thomas 71 -503 -7.1

Bust and sucks huh?

I dont believe he is a bust or sucks... mediocre RB? Definitely.

For statistical purposes, you may want to calculate the average of a sample excluding its highest and lowest values. This gives you a lessor skewed result.

I took away his best game and his worst game Dallas and Carolina this season this removed a game with 10.36 YPC and a game with 1.33 YPC.

Rushing 2013
45 attempts 134 yards.
2.9 YPC for <----Heavily skewed from 4.56 YPC for all games.

Rushing 2012
136 Attempts 499 yards
3.66 YPC < -----not much of a change from 3.86 YPC for all games

Rushing 2011
101 Attempts 372 yards
3.68 YPC < -----not much of a change from 3.89 YPC for all games


His pass blocking efficiency is 82.7, that is the lowest on the team. He has allowed 2 hits, 1 hurry, and 3 pressures in 13 pass blocking snaps.

Ingrams drop rate on passes is 16.67, the highest on the team. of 7 targets, 6 were catchable, 5 receptions and 1 drop.

Yards after Contact per attempt:
#1 Robinson 2.4
#2 PT 2.3
#3 Ingram 2.2

Only RB on the team with any penalties Ingram - 2

halloween 65 12-20-2013 09:26 AM

Re: How do you feel about mark ingram now?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOak (Post 562011)
I dont believe he is a bust or sucks... mediocre RB? Definitely.

For statistical purposes, you may want to calculate the average of a sample excluding its highest and lowest values. This gives you a lessor skewed result.

I took away his best game and his worst game Dallas and Carolina this season this removed a game with 10.36 YPC and a game with 1.33 YPC.

Rushing 2013
45 attempts 134 yards.
2.9 YPC for <----Heavily skewed from 4.56 YPC for all games.

Rushing 2012
136 Attempts 499 yards
3.66 YPC < -----not much of a change from 3.86 YPC for all games

Rushing 2011
101 Attempts 372 yards
3.68 YPC < -----not much of a change from 3.89 YPC for all games


His pass blocking efficiency is 82.7, that is the lowest on the team. He has allowed 2 hits, 1 hurry, and 3 pressures in 13 pass blocking snaps.

Ingrams drop rate on passes is 16.67, the highest on the team. of 7 targets, 6 were catchable, 5 receptions and 1 drop.

Yards after Contact per attempt:
#1 Robinson 2.4
#2 PT 2.3
#3 Ingram 2.2

Only RB on the team with any penalties Ingram - 2

You really do a good job at breaking things down. I don't always look at the stats because of 1 game might make things look much better than what things overall really are. But in fairness you took the best and worst off the board. Thanks for your work. Now go back to work!!

Danno 12-20-2013 09:30 AM

Re: How do you feel about mark ingram now?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by halloween 65 (Post 562019)
You really do a good job at breaking things down. I don't always look at the stats because of 1 game might make things look much better than what things overall really are. But in fairness you took the best and worst off the board. Thanks for your work. Now go back to work!!

Agreed, I wasn't trying to say Ingram is the equivalent of Emmitt Smith, but I think its obvious he doesn't suck and he isn't a bust. I think that's absurd.

He's slightly miscast in our offense and would probably have more success elsewhere, as have a few of our other former RB's

TheOak 12-20-2013 10:05 AM

Re: How do you feel about mark ingram now?
 
My opinions are the polar opposite from some peoples because yards/season is fairly irrelevant to me.

500 carries and 1000 yards is 2.0 YPC and I do not find that indicative of a good running back.

200 carries and 1000 yards is 5.0 YPC and that is a dam fine season.

I would take Andre Ellington with 94/558 over Chris Johnson with 230/860 for the Saints any day.

saintsfan1976 12-20-2013 10:07 AM

Re: How do you feel about mark ingram now?
 
Miscast in our offense. Haven't we said that about nearly every RB not named Sproles or Thomas?

K Major 12-20-2013 11:07 AM

Re: How do you feel about mark ingram now?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 561916)
Ingram sucks and is a bust in our system.

Wow...that my friend is excessive.

hagan714 12-20-2013 11:39 AM

Re: How do you feel about mark ingram now?
 
i never like the move in the draft and try to leave that price tag out of it.

it the system. RB have to a complete package. run catch block as pointed out here. they do not need to be dominate in any one phese of the game but need to be good at them all. PT is perfect but SP refuses to believe it. that the type of RB we should draft.

Ingram needs a ton carries in a ground oriented offense before i judge bust our not. he aint going to get that workload here.

So if the offers is right and a RB in the draft is on the board i say pull the trigger and make the trade and get another well rounder RB. Charles Sims RB West Virgina looks to be the most dynamic impact player that can run and catch. the pass blocking is solid but does need work.

Do both parties a favor. Ingram gets his carries and the saints get a solid draft choice which right now i would guess a third.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com