New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Is Brees Considered "Greedy" If He Decides Against Extension? (https://blackandgold.com/saints/76789-brees-considered-greedy-if-he-decides-against-extension.html)

Halo 02-18-2016 10:16 AM

Re: Is Brees Considered "Greedy" If He Decides Against Extension?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintfan (Post 693154)
Greedy. No. I don't think there's a greedy bone in his body from all I can tell. Business smart? Pretty sure of that much.

I don't care how much I've made. I want to make more. That's human nature, not greed.

You greedy bastard! I bet you don't tip!!!!
http://www.dangerouscreation.com/wp-...09/Greedy1.jpg

SmashMouth 02-18-2016 10:45 AM

Re: Is Brees Considered "Greedy" If He Decides Against Extension?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintfan (Post 693154)
Greedy. No. I don't think there's a greedy bone in his body from all I can tell. Business smart? Pretty sure of that much.

I don't care how much I've made. I want to make more. That's human nature, not greed.

Taylor Swift wants you to make more so that she can date you. :broccoli:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gQksPpxwF4k/maxresdefault.jpg

SaintsBro 02-18-2016 11:03 AM

Re: Is Brees Considered "Greedy" If He Decides Against Extension?
 
The people who already consider him "greedy" will continue to think that he is greedy, no matter what he does.

There's nothing Drew could do that would ever change those people's minds, short of tearing up the whole contract, playing the rest of his career for free, and then they'd want him to rack up a stack of 3 consecutive Lombardis over the next 3 years, and then they'd want him to personally come visit them at their house with the trophies in his car, and sign a bunch of merchandise for them to sell on Ebay or do magic tricks at their son's birthday party or hang out at their favorite bar, or give them a huge diamond ring or a new Playstation or whatever they want to ask him for. Then, maybe just maybe they'd be happy with him. That's just how some people are.

AsylumGuido 02-18-2016 04:54 PM

Re: Is Brees Considered "Greedy" If He Decides Against Extension?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhoDat!656 (Post 693125)

Who is this dumbass? Brees has already stated he is more than willing to an extension. Talk about a waste of oxygen.

:rolleyes:

AsylumGuido 02-18-2016 04:59 PM

Re: Is Brees Considered "Greedy" If He Decides Against Extension?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RaginCajun83 (Post 693259)
one of the idiots were on NFLN today saying that Brees and the Saints will get an extension done but there's no date set for completing it but it should happen before training camp and this clown also said that the Saints won't be big players in March, I don't believe him

That "idiot" was completely right about Brees. It makes no sense whatsoever to rush to any sort of deal. I will guarantee you that both sides have agreed to doing a deal, but not until all other factors are known. And I also agree that the Saints do not need to be too very active in free agency.

hagan714 02-19-2016 02:24 AM

Re: Is Brees Considered "Greedy" If He Decides Against Extension?
 
when you look at the dead cap money one can structure to help the team make moves. Drew has done this more than once but the saints inflated the final years to a point it seems crazy.

Does Drew deserve to get paid? yes no questions about it

But even the richest can at times look at whats best for the whole and not just themselves. Those that do not are greedy

How much is enough to secure a future?

Drew should have enough set aside to pull a Brady for the team this time around.

Seer1 02-19-2016 09:43 AM

Re: Is Brees Considered "Greedy" If He Decides Against Extension?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 693307)
That "idiot" was completely right about Brees. It makes no sense whatsoever to rush to any sort of deal. I will guarantee you that both sides have agreed to doing a deal, but not until all other factors are known. And I also agree that the Saints do not need to be too very active in free agency.

Actually, they've already agreed to the terms and all other nuts and bolts of the extension. It's just that a bunch of talking heads from the various sports blah blah outlets have paid Loomis a bunch of $$$ to keep it quiet for a while so they'll have something else to make more stuff up about and stay employed during this fact packed NFL news period. There just aren't enough openings for speech writers in the presidential campaign to give them all paychecks.

burningmetal 02-19-2016 10:13 AM

Re: Is Brees Considered "Greedy" If He Decides Against Extension?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 693142)
I'm surprised people still think an extension is the equivalent of giving money back.

An extension will earn him more money and more guaranteed money.

So how can he be greedy by turning down more money and more guaranteed money?

Yeah the greed argument should only apply toward the original contract, if you want to go there. But not accepting an extension wouldn't be greedy, it would just be kind of dumb. Unless he thinks he can get more elsewhere.

I suppose that's possible. Someone can be dumb like the Broncos were and give a QB in his late thirties a mega-deal to have a couple of good seasons followed by a couple of total crap seasons.

AsylumGuido 02-19-2016 11:51 AM

Re: Is Brees Considered "Greedy" If He Decides Against Extension?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by burningmetal (Post 693357)
Yeah the greed argument should only apply toward the original contract, if you want to go there. But not accepting an extension wouldn't be greedy, it would just be kind of dumb. Unless he thinks he can get more elsewhere.

I suppose that's possible. Someone can be dumb like the Broncos were and give a QB in his late thirties a mega-deal to have a couple of good seasons followed by a couple of total crap seasons.

And you can't even apply the greed argument to his original contract. Anyone with half a brain could see where QB salaries were headed. Fortunately the Saints were in a position to lock up Brees when they had a chance. Two years later the market value for a QB with his resume would have been quite a bit greater. Glorified backups forced to start are now garnering contracts equivalent to Brees' current contract.

burningmetal 02-19-2016 01:14 PM

Re: Is Brees Considered "Greedy" If He Decides Against Extension?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AsylumGuido (Post 693369)
And you can't even apply the greed argument to his original contract. Anyone with half a brain could see where QB salaries were headed. Fortunately the Saints were in a position to lock up Brees when they had a chance. Two years later the market value for a QB with his resume would have been quite a bit greater. Glorified backups forced to start are now garnering contracts equivalent to Brees' current contract.

And I don't think he's greedy, but that's the one place where you can even make an argument. The fact that the market value keeps inflating at such a rapid pace is a testament to the overall greed of the sport. "I want what he has, gimme more", even though few of them have earned it. People can say what they want about not turning down money, but let's not act like these players are just being given this money without first demanding and whining about what they think they deserve. Once you've made well over 100 million dollars, you really can't say that you're looking for financial security. It becomes greed.

So I absolutely believe there is a ton of greed in sports, but I don't consider Drew in that category. Is he really worth that much money? Not really. But based on his value as compared to other QB's, yes. So in that sense he HAS earned it. It does not help the team much when these guys command that much salary, but that's another discussion that has taken place on here many times.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com