New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Article: PFF Grades for the Saints vs Raiders (https://blackandgold.com/saints/79566-pff-grades-saints-vs-raiders.html)

jeanpierre 09-13-2016 09:50 AM

Re: PFF Grades for the Saints vs Raiders
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danno (Post 718877)
Lowest rated at their position

Left guard: La’el Collins, Dallas Cowboys, 40.1

Collins wasn’t horrible in the pass-blocking phase, allowing a hit and two hurries. In the run game, however, he allowed six tackles, including a big one for a loss. Not an ideal day for a Cowboys’ offense that needed to rely on their run game.

Why don't you just geaux ahead and start a He Hate Me & LSU thread? ;)

Danno 09-13-2016 10:29 AM

Re: PFF Grades for the Saints vs Raiders
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanpierre (Post 718887)
Why don't you just geaux ahead and start a He Hate Me & LSU thread? ;)

I tried. :mad:

st thomas 09-13-2016 10:37 AM

Re: PFF Grades for the Saints vs Raiders
 
alot of the pass rush could be game planed to a more push and contain than all out go at the qb. but what do i know i played in the 70's.

dizzle88 09-13-2016 10:42 AM

Re: PFF Grades for the Saints vs Raiders
 
The only play we got any pressure on Derek Carr was the one where we lost contain and he jumped over Harris for a first down.

ChrisXVI 09-13-2016 11:28 AM

Re: PFF Grades for the Saints vs Raiders
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by st thomas (Post 718906)
alot of the pass rush could be game planed to a more push and contain than all out go at the qb. but what do i know i played in the 70's.

Interesting that you mention that because Darryl Tapp said that was indeed the game plan:


"It wasn't that type of game," defensive end Darryl Tapp said. "The game plan put in yesterday, it wasn't extremely conducive to (getting sacks), and it worked perfectly the first three quarters. Now, it's something that we'll have to constantly stress as far as getting even more pressure on the quarterback, but, like I said, the game plan we had yesterday was working. We just got to do a better job as a defense of finishing out the entire game."

The gameplan was specifically to defend Carr, who escaped pressure a few times.

"It wasn't full just pin your ears back and go," Tapp said. "You couldn't do that because this guy's an athletic quarterback."

K Major 09-13-2016 11:32 AM

Re: PFF Grades for the Saints vs Raiders
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzle88 (Post 718908)
The only play we got any pressure on Derek Carr was the one where we lost contain and he jumped over Harris for a first down.

Dizz - Not sure if you had a chance to read this article as it relates to the pass rush or lack thereof.

New Orleans Saints know they have to be better rushing the passer | NOLA.com

dizzle88 09-13-2016 11:37 AM

Re: PFF Grades for the Saints vs Raiders
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K Major (Post 718918)
Dizz - Not sure if you had a chance to read this article as it relates to the pass rush or lack thereof.

New Orleans Saints know they have to be better rushing the passer | NOLA.com

Probably the worst excuse I've ever heard!!

The gameplan wasn't to sack him it was to defend him, so we stood there and watched him beat us for 22 4th quarter points.

You don't stop a QB by not trying to sack him, you get to him in the pocket and you'll get in his head.

That right there is why Payton's time is done, The 2009 Sean Payton would have played to win, the last 3 years we have played not to lose and we've lost consistently.

halloween 65 09-13-2016 12:54 PM

Re: PFF Grades for the Saints vs Raiders
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzle88 (Post 718919)
Probably the worst excuse I've ever heard!!

The gameplan wasn't to sack him it was to defend him, so we stood there and watched him beat us for 22 4th quarter points.

You don't stop a QB by not trying to sack him, you get to him in the pocket and you'll get in his head.

That right there is why Payton's time is done, The 2009 Sean Payton would have played to win, the last 3 years we have played not to lose and we've lost consistently.

I read that article and thought it was funny. Banging him up and getting him gun shy helps alot. Wonder how that game plan will work on qb.'s like Brady, Rothlisburger, Flacco, Rodgers, Manning and the many other qb.'s that will pick a secondary apart with less time that Carr had. Sounds to me Allen thought Carr was going to beat himself, it equaled an epic fail.

dafyaman 09-13-2016 12:57 PM

Re: PFF Grades for the Saints vs Raiders
 
We did pretty well against the run outside that one long run.

K Major 09-13-2016 01:04 PM

Re: PFF Grades for the Saints vs Raiders
 
The final stats were pretty even but there were a few to make note of...

Penalties
14-141 (Oak) 7-53 (Saints)
Rushing 167 (Oak) 88 (Saints)
4th down efficiency 0-0 (Oak) 1-1 (Saints)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com