New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   2017 New Orleans Saints Draft - Scouting Prospect Visits, Bowl Games (https://blackandgold.com/saints/81184-2017-new-orleans-saints-draft-scouting-prospect-visits-bowl-games.html)

lee909 03-11-2017 06:28 PM

Re: 2017 New Orleans Saints Draft - Scouting Prospect Visits, Bowl Games
 
CSN Mock post FA

11. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - O.J. HOWARD, TE, ALABAMA

The Saints haven't adequately replaced Jimmy Graham -- until now. The 6-foot-6 Howard dominated the Senor Bowl, only adding to his already formidable hype. Speed receiver John Ross becomes an option if New Orleans deals Brandin Cooks and New Orleans could certainly add corners considering the receivers in the NFC South.

32. New Orleans Saints (Via NE) - Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
32. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (VIA NE) - MARLON HUMPHREY, CB, ALABAMA

With six divisional games against the likes of Julio Jones, Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin, stocking up at corner is a smart strategy. That the 2016 Saints ranked among the bottom teams in passing yards allowed provides further ammunition for taking a pass defender. That the Saints didn't acquire Malcolm Butler in the Brandin Cooks trade means they should probably use New England's ex-pick to get that kind of help.

rezburna 03-11-2017 06:33 PM

Re: 2017 New Orleans Saints Draft - Scouting Prospect Visits, Bowl Games
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lee909 (Post 740237)
CSN Mock post FA

11. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - O.J. HOWARD, TE, ALABAMA

The Saints haven't adequately replaced Jimmy Graham -- until now. The 6-foot-6 Howard dominated the Senor Bowl, only adding to his already formidable hype. Speed receiver John Ross becomes an option if New Orleans deals Brandin Cooks and New Orleans could certainly add corners considering the receivers in the NFC South.

32. New Orleans Saints (Via NE) - Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
32. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (VIA NE) - MARLON HUMPHREY, CB, ALABAMA

With six divisional games against the likes of Julio Jones, Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin, stocking up at corner is a smart strategy. That the 2016 Saints ranked among the bottom teams in passing yards allowed provides further ammunition for taking a pass defender. That the Saints didn't acquire Malcolm Butler in the Brandin Cooks trade means they should probably use New England's ex-pick to get that kind of help.

I don't really trust Alabama cornerbacks. Humphrey has the size and speed I like. He's also very aggressive, but he gives up the big play because of it

rezburna 03-11-2017 06:37 PM

Re: 2017 New Orleans Saints Draft - Scouting Prospect Visits, Bowl Games
 
I'll tell you who I'm starting to like at #11 if Reuben Foster is gone, Sidney Jones. Sidney Jones is one hell of a corner. 6'0. 4.4 speed. Press, man corner. He's exactly what we're looking for.

lee909 03-11-2017 06:37 PM

Re: 2017 New Orleans Saints Draft - Scouting Prospect Visits, Bowl Games
 
thats what iv just been reading about him
Some scouts saying he doesnt run with the receiver well and could get abused by the long ball

lee909 03-11-2017 06:38 PM

Re: 2017 New Orleans Saints Draft - Scouting Prospect Visits, Bowl Games
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rezburna (Post 740242)
I'll tell you who I'm starting to like at #11 if Reuben Foster is gone, Sidney Jones. Sidney Jones is one hell of a corner. 6'0. 4.4 speed. Press, man corner. He's exactly what we're looking for.

He tore his achilles in todays pro day

ChrisXVI 03-11-2017 06:38 PM

Re: 2017 New Orleans Saints Draft - Scouting Prospect Visits, Bowl Games
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rezburna (Post 740242)
I'll tell you who I'm starting to like at #11 if Reuben Foster is gone, Sidney Jones. Sidney Jones is one hell of a corner. 6'0. 4.4 speed. Press, man corner. He's exactly what we're looking for.

I have some really bad news for you Rez.

rezburna 03-11-2017 06:40 PM

Re: 2017 New Orleans Saints Draft - Scouting Prospect Visits, Bowl Games
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lee909 (Post 740243)
thats what iv just been reading about him
Some scouts saying he doesnt run with the receiver well and could get abused by the long ball

The National Championship Game showed me he was just like pretty much every other Alabama corner. The same way Bellichick can make a DB, Nick Saban does the same thing.

rezburna 03-11-2017 06:41 PM

Re: 2017 New Orleans Saints Draft - Scouting Prospect Visits, Bowl Games
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lee909 (Post 740244)
He tore his achilles in todays pro day

For real? WTF!? Why would he even do a Pro Day? Damn it man....if he's there in the 3rd or 4th round I'd take him. He's going to be a star.

K Major 03-11-2017 06:46 PM

Re: 2017 New Orleans Saints Draft - Scouting Prospect Visits, Bowl Games
 
I don't like this mock .. at all.

Where is Reuben Foster? Solomon Thomas, Takk McKinley OR Barnett aka Mr. Consistency?? There is no way I'd take a TE at #11 when we are in desperation mode for a DE/pass rusher.

lee909 03-11-2017 06:50 PM

Re: 2017 New Orleans Saints Draft - Scouting Prospect Visits, Bowl Games
 
I agree
Just posting it

Id like Howard though.
Would be a monster with Brees


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com