New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   The Dynamic Duo (https://blackandgold.com/saints/85357-dynamic-duo.html)

jeanpierre 11-13-2017 10:17 AM

The Dynamic Duo
 

jeanpierre 11-13-2017 10:18 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
With yesterday's offensive line, absolutely lethal...

K Major 11-13-2017 10:29 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Sean P ran the ball 24 straight times ... 24. Coming into that game, the Bills rush defense was ranked #8 or so.

nola_swammi 11-13-2017 10:34 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Offensive line was impersonating Oprah Winfrey. You get a touchdown, you get a touchdown, everyone get a touchdown!

Crusader 11-13-2017 11:20 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
That long 94 yard rushing drive, that is how you break the back and the spirit of a defence.

jeanpierre 11-13-2017 11:29 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K Major (Post 775793)
Sean P ran the ball 24 straight times ... 24. Coming into that game, the Bills rush defense was ranked #8 or so.

Bet he's in therapy being out of his comfort zone of throw, throw, throw...

triman 11-13-2017 11:39 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Running the ball 24 straight times has got to be some kind of a record. That is soul crushing to a defense. Payton must have been channeling the ghost of Vince Lombardi

jeanpierre 11-13-2017 11:41 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
I've seen that kind of defeat that I saw in Buffalo's defense, the last time was when Cincy pounded us at home...

QBREES9 11-13-2017 10:47 PM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Love watching these guys run the ball.

subguy 11-14-2017 12:43 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Talk about showing your opponent something that they didn't see when they were watching Saints film during the week

WHODATINCA 11-14-2017 03:51 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K Major (Post 775793)
Sean P ran the ball 24 straight times ... 24. Coming into that game, the Bills rush defense was ranked #8 or so.

And then, after we reached the endzone, our defense was back on the field. More soul crushing. Oof.

jeanpierre 11-14-2017 04:32 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
And with the two different styles, we can adapt to any opponent and still take what the opponents give..

Just awesome...

hagan714 11-14-2017 04:37 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
stop us if you can is a great way to play the game. If they can not stop you why stop. SP did not get cute. that is a welcomed change

dizzle88 11-14-2017 04:58 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hagan714 (Post 776104)
stop us if you can is a great way to play the game. If they can not stop you why stop. SP did not get cute. that is a welcomed change

I kept repeating, keep the gas pedal down, even 27 points up.

CheramieIII 11-14-2017 06:14 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Batman and Robin. Brees is the Commissioner and Coach is Alfred as he keeps everything in line.

Oh and AP is that lady that loves Batman but can't have him.

hagan714 11-14-2017 06:20 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Mid to late round Draft wish?

RB with receiving and kick returning skill set

CheramieIII 11-14-2017 07:27 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hagan714 (Post 776136)
Mid to late round Draft wish?

RB with receiving and kick returning skill set

Debo Samuel out of South Carolina and Kirk out of A&M both are WR's and kickoff return skills and the size for RB. Speed for both is 4.48 and 4.43

voodooido 11-14-2017 10:09 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Iím starting to think they are better than Coleman and freeman. This is what the saints missed for the past 5 years. A good run game makes the defense better and it shows. Saints defense is #1 over the past 6 weeks.

K Major 11-14-2017 10:40 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by voodooido (Post 776172)
I’m starting to think they are better than Coleman and freeman. This is what the saints missed for the past 5 years. A good run game makes the defense better and it shows. Saints defense is #1 over the past 6 weeks.

Nice & just to piggy back ....

Saints defense is 2nd in PPG
1st in YPG
1st in passing yards given up
They have given up an average of 12 ppg points the last 4 weeks.

What a hell of a turn around.

The Dude 11-14-2017 10:46 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
I hope he doesnít start forcing the run when itís not working. He has a time or two in the past been hard headed when it comes to that. I would like to see how we handle it if the running game was completely shut down. Well not really, but it would be a nice measuring stick.
They shut down the run and we just torch them with 500 yards in the air lol.

Crusader 11-14-2017 11:28 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 

dam1953 11-14-2017 02:35 PM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 776177)
I hope he doesnít start forcing the run when itís not working. He has a time or two in the past been hard headed when it comes to that. I would like to see how we handle it if the running game was completely shut down. Well not really, but it would be a nice measuring stick.
They shut down the run and we just torch them with 500 yards in the air lol.

The difference is in the past he almost had to force the run to try and take a little pressure off of Brees. At that time our run game was average on a really, really good day.

When you can do what the Saints did against the Bills, 300 yards rushing, 2 backs over 100 yards, 6 rushing TDs, 28 consecutive rushes without a pass, a 94 yard drive with runs of 11, 10, 9, 9, 15, 11, 11, 5, 6 and 7... AND have a future Hall of Famer at QB. I'm just glad I'm not the opposing teams' defensive coordinator's because those guys aren't going to be getting much sleep.

ScottF 11-14-2017 02:43 PM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Redskins' pass defense is decent, run, not-so-much. I expect offense will be good, so it'll will come down to whether or not the D stops Cousins.

and I expect Gallette to have a big day ->

--nvr mind

73Saint 11-14-2017 03:26 PM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottF (Post 776196)
Redskins' pass defense is decent, run, not-so-much. I expect offense will be good, so it'll will come down to whether or not the D stops Cousins.

and I expect Gallette to have a big day ->

--nvr mind


Eff Gallette. I also remember what RGIII did to us in our home on opening day a few years back. We owe the Skins some payback for that and Gallette's sorry A$$!!

dam1953 11-14-2017 03:33 PM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 73Saint (Post 776206)
Eff Gallette. I also remember what RGIII did to us in our home on opening day a few years back. We owe the Skins some payback for that and Gallette's sorry A$$!!

Considering Gallette's history, I expect that he'll be good for 30 - 45 yards in penalties before he get's thrown out.

SaintFanInATLHELL 11-14-2017 05:04 PM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 776177)
I hope he doesnít start forcing the run when itís not working. He has a time or two in the past been hard headed when it comes to that. I would like to see how we handle it if the running game was completely shut down. Well not really, but it would be a nice measuring stick.
They shut down the run and we just torch them with 500 yards in the air lol.

The run game should never be completely shut down. Like all offensive football the objective is to put the ball where the defenders are overleveraged. So if a defense is packing 8 in the box, then swing the ball outside with tosses, screens, and jet sweeps. Or have Brees push the ball down a field a bit. But abandoning the run is what gets this team in trouble.

BTW the amazing part of the game wasn't the fact that the Saints were running the ball. It was the effectiveness of those runs. The O-line was blowing the doors off the Bills front 7 forcing the safeties to come up and tackle.

We finally have the balance in all phases that we've been waiting for. The Saints had better not let anyone truly disrupt it.

SFIAH

hitta 11-14-2017 05:15 PM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K Major (Post 775793)
Sean P ran the ball 24 straight times ... 24. Coming into that game, the Bills rush defense was ranked #8 or so.

We pushed them all the way back to 22nd.

CheramieIII 11-14-2017 06:07 PM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 776181)

Like Rick James kickin dirt all over Prince's white couch. Cocaine is a helluva thing!

K Major 11-14-2017 07:26 PM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dam1953 (Post 776211)
Considering Gallette's history, I expect that he'll be good for 30 - 45 yards in penalties before he get's thrown out.

I read he had two boneheaded penalties that hurt his team last week.

Crusader 11-15-2017 07:35 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 

Rugby Saint II 11-15-2017 11:22 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dude (Post 776177)
I hope he doesnít start forcing the run when itís not working. He has a time or two in the past been hard headed when it comes to that. I would like to see how we handle it if the running game was completely shut down. Well not really, but it would be a nice measuring stick.
They shut down the run and we just torch them with 500 yards in the air lol.

That is so true. But we didn't have the talent when he was trying to force it that we do now

Rugby Saint II 11-15-2017 11:26 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
We have that kinetic energy we had with deuce and Reggie

homerj07 11-15-2017 04:34 PM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zcHuKvcTjcc/maxresdefault.jpg

The Dude 11-15-2017 05:25 PM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dam1953 (Post 776194)
The difference is in the past he almost had to force the run to try and take a little pressure off of Brees. At that time our run game was average on a really, really good day.

When you can do what the Saints did against the Bills, 300 yards rushing, 2 backs over 100 yards, 6 rushing TDs, 28 consecutive rushes without a pass, a 94 yard drive with runs of 11, 10, 9, 9, 15, 11, 11, 5, 6 and 7... AND have a future Hall of Famer at QB. I'm just glad I'm not the opposing teams' defensive coordinator's because those guys aren't going to be getting much sleep.

Yea I agree back then he had to force the run for Brees and in hopes it would keep our god awful defense off the field. I am hoping he doesn’t just settle into this because it’s been a winning formula so far. Some teams you are just going to have to pass to beat. I guess I’m saying I hope he will make adjustments when needed. I’m thinking pass to JG, pass to JG, pass to JG, interception. So far so good though.

jeanpierre 11-16-2017 04:59 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Wow, wonder what the marketing guys were thinking when sketched this up?


jeanpierre 11-16-2017 05:00 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 

jeanpierre 11-17-2017 07:31 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 

SmashMouth 11-17-2017 08:18 AM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K Major (Post 775793)
Sean P ran the ball 24 straight times ... 24. Coming into that game, the Bills rush defense was ranked #8 or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nola_swammi (Post 775795)
Offensive line was impersonating Oprah Winfrey. You get a touchdown, you get a touchdown, everyone get a touchdown!

https://m.popkey.co/ec83a7/p8bp7.gif

jeanpierre 11-17-2017 07:26 PM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 

jeanpierre 11-18-2017 01:50 PM

Re: The Dynamic Duo
 


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com