Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Saints defense disappointed after 'unacceptable' first half

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; well all the preseason hype is just that, hype; practice against drew brees and mark ingram and the cast of wr's and the rest running the same plays over and over and you know the exact patch of grass hes ...

Like Tree12Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2018, 11:48 AM   #11
Threaded by st thomas
Site Donor 2018
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 6,917

Show Printable Version Email this Page
Rating: (0 votes - average)

well all the preseason hype is just that, hype; practice against drew brees and mark ingram and the cast of wr's and the rest running the same plays over and over and you know the exact patch of grass hes going to run on and u pound that patch and the tackle is all world to fans and reporters and its just that practice, go to Jacksonville and its a strange team different player's ,plays and that patch of turf thats ahhh not the same and it makes the defense look holely. it will get better i promise.
Views: 1617
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 16,219
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Saints defense disappointed after 'unacceptable' first half

Sorry, had to edit my thread to point on the defense. We had a few key starters out & for the most part the defense was vanilla. I think Coach Allen is experimenting with things (specifically on the D line and at LB). Hopefully AJ Klein plays better & our run D has improved from last season. IMO the defensive talent on this 2018 is very good and we'll be fine by Game #1 vs Pirates.

Side note - I'll be zoned in on punt return/special teams pre season #2.

Huff
Tate
Boston
Jamerson

Who will emerge?
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:23 PM   #13
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 18,614
Re: Saints defense disappointed after 'unacceptable' first half

Originally Posted by K Major View Post
Sorry, had to edit my thread to point on the defense. We had a few key starters out & for the most part the defense was vanilla. I think Coach Allen is experimenting with things (specifically on the D line and at LB). Hopefully AJ Klein plays better & our run D has improved from last season. IMO the defensive talent on this 2018 is very good and we'll be fine by Game #1 vs Pirates.

Side note - I'll be zoned in on punt return/special teams pre season #2.

Huff
Tate
Boston
Jamerson

Who will emerge?
Last year I thought that AJ Klein played well before he was injured. Looking back at film I now realize that he can't tackle worth a ****! He may be the worst tackler on the team!
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #14
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,157
Re: Saints defense disappointed after 'unacceptable' first half

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
Last year I thought that AJ Klein played well before he was injured. Looking back at film I now realize that he can't tackle worth a ****! He may be the worst tackler on the team!
hmm

I wouldn't say worst, but he is certainly no better than average. It's clear to me that we have better talent on the team and he shouldn't be starting.
K Major likes this.
blackangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #15
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 16,219
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Saints defense disappointed after 'unacceptable' first half

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
hmm

I wouldn't say worst, but he is certainly no better than average. It's clear to me that we have better talent on the team and he shouldn't be starting.
I'll never treat PFF ratings as the gospel, however AJ rated as the worst linebacker on our current LB roster. His performance vs the Jags in pre season was pretty bad & I agree he should't be starting.

He has work to do.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts