Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Brees close to 4000 yards passing this year

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; He currently sits at 3,666 yards, which means he needs 334 yards to get to 4,000. Does he get there against the Steelers?...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By blackangold
  • 1 Post By Budsdrinker
  • 1 Post By shawnkytonk
  • 4 Post By SaintsBro
  • 3 Post By AsylumGuido
  • 4 Post By K Major

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2018, 12:16 AM   #1
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 27,758
Blog Entries: 29
Brees close to 4000 yards passing this year

He currently sits at 3,666 yards, which means he needs 334 yards to get to 4,000.

Does he get there against the Steelers?
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:57 AM   #2
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,157
Re: Brees close to 4000 yards passing this year

No
And he might not play next week. This may be the first season as a saint that he does not hit 4000... goes to show how bad the offense has been in the last 4 weeks.
SaintsBro likes this.
blackangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:09 AM   #3
A Cajun Transforming TX
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Woodlands, Texas
Posts: 2,681
Re: Brees close to 4000 yards passing this year

He'll get it this weekend. I see this game to be just like the Rams game.
SmashMouth likes this.
Budsdrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
100th Post
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Denver<Memphis<Mississippi
Posts: 293
Re: Brees close to 4000 yards passing this year

I had a friend post about Brees on social media yesterday. He stated Brees hasn't looked himself the past few weeks. Anyone else share this opinion? I thought it was typical Brees on the road accompanied with the OL injuries.
lumm0x likes this.
shawnkytonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #5
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: in line with my ridiculous CLEAR PLASTIC BAG
Posts: 3,629
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Brees close to 4000 yards passing this year

Originally Posted by shawnkytonk View Post
I had a friend post about Brees on social media yesterday. He stated Brees hasn't looked himself the past few weeks. Anyone else share this opinion? I thought it was typical Brees on the road accompanied with the OL injuries.

I'll say this about it -- my opinion. I find that the people I see around me who are saying Brees "doesn't look like himself," are typically people who maybe don't watch Brees as closely or as regularly as we all do. He looks FINE to me, he's just uncomfortable with the O line, that's messing with his timing and accuracy, because he has to worry about knowing HOW the pocket is going to collapse around him (believe it or not, on a given play Brees typically knows HOW the pocket will most likely crumble and collapse around him, before it actually does) and he's had a TON of receivers dropping the ball on him even when he makes the pinpoint throw. The unfamiliarity with the current O linemen and the lack of quality depth at receiver, is clearly what's "off."

But he's still got that classic Drew warrior face and everything. He's also been throwing those inexplicable derp interceptions for a long time, and sometimes they come in bunches for him -- that's really nothing new. The drive for the field goal against the Bucs to open the second half, was classic Brees. The drive at the end of the Panthers game, right up until the moment of the incredibly stupid TommyLee forward fumble debacle, was also classic Brees.

He can get it done; whatever needs to happen, he can still make it happen. Its just much HARDER than it normally is for him, right now. That will fix itself, eventually, especially if we get the regular linemen back.
SaintsBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:09 PM   #6
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 10,475
Re: Brees close to 4000 yards passing this year

Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
I'll say this about it -- my opinion. I find that the people I see around me who are saying Brees "doesn't look like himself," are typically people who maybe don't watch Brees as closely or as regularly as we all do. He looks FINE to me, he's just uncomfortable with the O line, that's messing with his timing and accuracy, because he has to worry about knowing HOW the pocket is going to collapse around him (believe it or not, on a given play Brees typically knows HOW the pocket will most likely crumble and collapse around him, before it actually does) and he's had a TON of receivers dropping the ball on him even when he makes the pinpoint throw. The unfamiliarity with the current O linemen and the lack of quality depth at receiver, is clearly what's "off."

But he's still got that classic Drew warrior face and everything. He's also been throwing those inexplicable derp interceptions for a long time, and sometimes they come in bunches for him -- that's really nothing new. The drive for the field goal against the Bucs to open the second half, was classic Brees. The drive at the end of the Panthers game, right up until the moment of the incredibly stupid TommyLee forward fumble debacle, was also classic Brees.

He can get it done; whatever needs to happen, he can still make it happen. Its just much HARDER than it normally is for him, right now. That will fix itself, eventually, especially if we get the regular linemen back.
Agree completely. It's the line and inexperienced WR's that have been the issue. We should have the offensive line back at full force come the playoffs and Ginn returns it should take some of the pressure off the young kids.
lumm0x, SaintsBro and K Major like this.
AsylumGuido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #7
Site Donor 2019
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bedford, TX
Posts: 16,240
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Brees close to 4000 yards passing this year

Originally Posted by shawnkytonk View Post
I had a friend post about Brees on social media yesterday. He stated Brees hasn't looked himself the past few weeks. Anyone else share this opinion? I thought it was typical Brees on the road accompanied with the OL injuries.
Our receivers (Tre, Arnold & Kirkwood) aren't doing Brees any favors either. I mean we aren't just dropping passes, but 1st downs.

Then factor in a All Pro LT has been out for about a month & we lost our Center last game in a tough divisional game on the road.

IMO #9 isn't the issue here.
K Major is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 05:42 PM   #8
10000 POST CLUB
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Cypress Tx.
Posts: 17,831
Re: Brees close to 4000 yards passing this year

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
No
And he might not play next week. This may be the first season as a saint that he does not hit 4000... goes to show how bad the offense has been in the last 4 weeks.
I suppose its yes and no? Part of it is that he just doesn't have to, we are a top 8 rushing team.
TheOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #9
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,157
Re: Brees close to 4000 yards passing this year

I Think there are a few issues hurting Drew this year, and most of you have touched on these already. If the O-line gets healthy it's one of the best we have ever had. There are to larger issues than the O-line in my opinion. First, is the lack of WR/TE targets, we need Ginn back ASAP. Second, Brees is getting older and as the season goes on he is going to have a harder time recovering.

Drew hasn't been able to push the ball down the field with accuracy at all this year. The bye is going to be critical for Drew to get some rest and recovery time. Age will affect him at some point, he may be able to play well for 5 more years but as each season drags on he is going to have a harder time recovering each week.

The Saints are 0-42 when running the ball less than 15 times in a game.
blackangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:35 PM   #10
In Doh We Trust
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 7,027
Blog Entries: 16
Re: Brees close to 4000 yards passing this year

I hope so. I hope it's all the things you all say and not a shoulder or obliques or lower back.

Thanks for giving me some optomism
homerj07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts