Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

FlashBack FRI: Aaron Brooks

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; YouTube (Short URL) YouTube (Short URL)...

Like Tree48Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2019, 07:42 PM   #1
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,041
FlashBack FRI: Aaron Brooks

jeanpierre and K Major like this.
Beastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:22 PM   #2
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 34,205
Blog Entries: 37
Re: FlashBack FRI: Aaron Brooks

Met him personally at the Best Buy on Veterans - absolutely one of the nicest, most gracious Saint I've ever met, right on par with Archie...

My little girl (at the time) is extremely smart, matured mentally fast, was three years old. Anyways she's picking out a video and was giggling at this man on the other aisle of the videos flirting with her...

I'd had some scary encounters when in public with her as she was a gorgeous baby (paternity was affirmed), so I was alert when I saw this grown man flirting with her...

He stood up shook my hand and introduced himself, we returned in-kind. He complemented me, said her Mom must be beautiful, and he laughed when I said Thanks, alot...

Just as I tried wish him the best on the upcoming season. Two Vanilla Ice Wannabees came up and wanted to show "AB" an unstoppable play they'd devised on Madden or whatever the game was then...

They hounded him as we walked down the aisle after my girl; On behalf of calm white people everywhere, I'd apologized, and recommended he make an escape - he again laughed and said it's okay...

He showed class, telling them something like "Fellas, I'm visiting, if you'd give me a few minutes, I'd like to finish visiting and then when I check out, we can discuss it at the front of the store..."

He asked where'd I had my daughter in PreSchool, and I told him that I was home-based self-employed and she went everywhere with me, even to Tulane, and her Mom and I started her education early at home...

He appreciated me keeping it conversation real, not just Saints. While I cursed some of his play later, have tremendous respect for him (only exception - not defending Turley vs the Jets who'd had his back)...

Aaron Brooks, at least in my experiences was one class act gentleman...



Punchline - have some cousins who "married up". Their in-laws are UVA alum and were throwing an UVA/NoLA NCAABB party; I'd met my cousin and her sister at Tulane and offered to run them up St. Charles Ave...

Brooks (UVA) made a cameo (her inlaws are connected), and as we'd stuck our heads in, he saw and called out my girl's name - she walked up, hugged him, said she was proud of his play (she's four then)...

He asked if she really watched him and she said Sundays after church, it's me and Daddy, Saints Sundays - Don't know who smiled more made my cousins' in-laws green with jealously -it so made my week...

Anyways I share this not to brag (well, maybe on my daughter), but to demonstrate kind of person, class act he was when we met him...

It's not that my way is the right way, I just make the right way my way...
jeanpierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:19 PM   #3
Site Donor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 17,275
Blog Entries: 5
Re: FlashBack FRI: Aaron Brooks

I defended him to the bitter end around here. He's a quality human being. Really enjoyed reading about your experience!
saintfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:29 PM   #4
Site Donor 2015
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Baton Rouge, La
Posts: 1,587
Re: FlashBack FRI: Aaron Brooks

I met him as well but at the hall of fame reception and auction. I was shocked that he was so nice and friendly. Got a picture and everything with him. I guess you really can’t judge a book by its cover. I didn't much care for him before i met him but after meeting him he's ok in my book.
jeanpierre likes this.
Lord_Saint83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:30 PM   #5
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,041
Re: FlashBack FRI: Aaron Brooks

That one season before he got hurt, he was killing it. Think we were 8-1 or something Saints fans had never seen the likes of before. They left him in there but the man was struggling. Should have benched him. I think today he would have been allowed to heal or put on IR.

I always felt we should have kept Blake another year. End of the day Blake was the one that got us there. Brooks got the playoff win but that win was insane fluked out. Jackson had I think 3 TD's, then the Milne recovery.
Beastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:32 PM   #6
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 34,205
Blog Entries: 37
Re: FlashBack FRI: Aaron Brooks

Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
That one season before he got hurt, he was killing it. Think we were 8-1 or something Saints fans had never seen the likes of before. They left him in there but the man was struggling. Should have benched him. I think today he would have been allowed to heal or put on IR.

I always felt we should have kept Blake another year. End of the day Blake was the one that got us there. Brooks got the playoff win but that win was insane fluked out. Jackson had I think 3 TD's, then the Milne recovery.
Hey, it got the playoff winless monkey off are backs and for that, am grateful for his brave play...
Euphoria, SmashMouth and K Major like this.
jeanpierre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:36 PM   #7
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,041
Re: FlashBack FRI: Aaron Brooks

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Hey, it got the playoff winless monkey off are backs and for that, am grateful for his brave play...

Oh, totally with you. That was a massive hurdle we finally got over. I think that is why he got put on a pedestal. If that injury never happens to Blake...I think we keep Blake another year if he gets that playoff W.
jeanpierre likes this.
Beastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:14 PM   #8
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kenner, LA
Posts: 5,160
Re: FlashBack FRI: Aaron Brooks

Originally Posted by jeanpierre View Post
Met him personally at the Best Buy on Veterans - absolutely one of the nicest, most gracious Saint I've ever met, right on par with Archie...

My little girl (at the time) is extremely smart, matured mentally fast, was three years old. Anyways she's picking out a video and was giggling at this man on the other aisle of the videos flirting with her...

I'd had some scary encounters when in public with her as she was a gorgeous baby (paternity was affirmed), so I was alert when I saw this grown man flirting with her...

He stood up shook my hand and introduced himself, we returned in-kind. He complemented me, said her Mom must be beautiful, and he laughed when I said Thanks, alot...

Just as I tried wish him the best on the upcoming season. Two Vanilla Ice Wannabees came up and wanted to show "AB" an unstoppable play they'd devised on Madden or whatever the game was then...

They hounded him as we walked down the aisle after my girl; On behalf of calm white people everywhere, I'd apologized, and recommended he make an escape - he again laughed and said it's okay...

He showed class, telling them something like "Fellas, I'm visiting, if you'd give me a few minutes, I'd like to finish visiting and then when I check out, we can discuss it at the front of the store..."

He asked where'd I had my daughter in PreSchool, and I told him that I was home-based self-employed and she went everywhere with me, even to Tulane, and her Mom and I started her education early at home...

He appreciated me keeping it conversation real, not just Saints. While I cursed some of his play later, have tremendous respect for him (only exception - not defending Turley vs the Jets who'd had his back)...

Aaron Brooks, at least in my experiences was one class act gentleman...



Punchline - have some cousins who "married up". Their in-laws are UVA alum and were throwing an UVA/NoLA NCAABB party; I'd met my cousin and her sister at Tulane and offered to run them up St. Charles Ave...

Brooks (UVA) made a cameo (her inlaws are connected), and as we'd stuck our heads in, he saw and called out my girl's name - she walked up, hugged him, said she was proud of his play (she's four then)...

He asked if she really watched him and she said Sundays after church, it's me and Daddy, Saints Sundays - Don't know who smiled more made my cousins' in-laws green with jealously -it so made my week...

Anyways I share this not to brag (well, maybe on my daughter), but to demonstrate kind of person, class act he was when we met him...
This is a really great story.
rezburna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:57 AM   #9
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 7,566
Blog Entries: 5
Re: FlashBack FRI: Aaron Brooks

Wwwwwwhhhhhhhaaaaat?!?!?!

And AB love thread finally after all this time...
Halo, saintfan, RailBoss and 3 others like this.
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 08:09 AM   #10
500th Post
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gonzales, LA
Posts: 949
Re: FlashBack FRI: Aaron Brooks

Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
That one season before he got hurt, he was killing it. Think we were 8-1 or something Saints fans had never seen the likes of before. They left him in there but the man was struggling. Should have benched him. I think today he would have been allowed to heal or put on IR.
I've had that discussion with other Saints fans who complained about him. I asked, "If the QB is hurt, everyone knows he is hurt, and he is still in the game, is that his fault or the Coach?"

I blame Haslet for his performance those games.
jeanpierre likes this.
stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts