Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

USA Today/Saints Wire: The NFL's 11 most underpaid players

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Guess who's at the end of the list?!? Twitter...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SmashMouth
  • 3 Post By vpheughan

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 34,074
Blog Entries: 37
USA Today/Saints Wire: The NFL's 11 most underpaid players

Guess who's at the end of the list?!?

jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:47 PM   #2
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 27,727
Blog Entries: 29
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: The NFL's 11 most underpaid players

He may be a bargain, relatively speaking, this year, but he sure wasn't in previous years. It may in fact have cost us a Lombardi or two, assuming Loomis had had a slightly better track record pre-Jeff Ireland with talent.
Beastmode likes this.
SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:59 PM   #3
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,948
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: The NFL's 11 most underpaid players

# 11, click, get bombarded with adds, click "NEXT" #10 , click, get bombarded with adds. I quit after that. Another "Hard Hitting Journalism" piece of click bait
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 01:34 PM   #4
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 34,074
Blog Entries: 37
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: The NFL's 11 most underpaid players

Originally Posted by SmashMouth View Post
He may be a bargain, relatively speaking, this year, but he sure wasn't in previous years. It may in fact have cost us a Lombardi or two, assuming Loomis had had a slightly better track record pre-Jeff Ireland with talent.
Two years ago, I was banging that drum - now I regret being wrong about that...

Don't blame Brees one bit now in retrospect after watching some of these asinine personnel moves Payton-Mickster have made...

Granted hindsight is 20/20 vision, but after a number of draft management fumbles, Payton's Pride and Tenure kept him from accepting his strengths and weaknesses...

Payton should've lived the mantra he preaches and know his role, do his job and that means hanging back in the draft room and trust and empower your guy, Jeff Ireland work his magic...
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 01:35 PM   #5
12,000 BS Posts
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 13,457
Blog Entries: 5
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: The NFL's 11 most underpaid players

You mean that there is like 200 NFL overpaid players.
foreverfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:18 AM   #6
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,948
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: The NFL's 11 most underpaid players

Originally Posted by foreverfan View Post
You mean that there is like 200 NFL overpaid players.

Let the "old man" tell you THE TRUTH. At one time NFL players had to work "REAL" jobs in the "OFF SEASON" IN 1970, and the owners agreed to a $9,000 minimum salary for rookies and $10,000 for veterans. The minimum salary crept higher through the 1970'S Players made the same money as the "FANS"
Truth is they are all overpaid, over worshiped, over rated. Grown men playing a kids game. Maybe it's me but I used to enjoy preseason football. I find it boring now. My mortgage payment doesn't go down, my deceased relatives don't come back to life if "WE" win a championship. I grow weary of all the Eunuchs whispering in the Sultans ear "SIRE WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE TO SATISFY HER WAS.............."THEY'RE EGGSPURTS!! JUST ASK THEM!!!
vpheughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:34 PM   #7
12,000 BS Posts
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 13,457
Blog Entries: 5
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: The NFL's 11 most underpaid players

Originally Posted by vpheughan View Post
Let the "old man" tell you THE TRUTH. At one time NFL players had to work "REAL" jobs in the "OFF SEASON" IN 1970, and the owners agreed to a $9,000 minimum salary for rookies and $10,000 for veterans. The minimum salary crept higher through the 1970'S Players made the same money as the "FANS"
Truth is they are all overpaid, over worshiped, over rated. Grown men playing a kids game. Maybe it's me but I used to enjoy preseason football. I find it boring now. My mortgage payment doesn't go down, my deceased relatives don't come back to life if "WE" win a championship. I grow weary of all the Eunuchs whispering in the Sultans ear "SIRE WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE TO SATISFY HER WAS.............."THEY'RE EGGSPURTS!! JUST ASK THEM!!!

Bobby Hebert said it all... Go ahead and tell them again Bobby...



foreverfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts