Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

USA Today/Saints Wire: Alvin Kamara says 'there might be something going on' with contract extension

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Twitter...

Like Tree16Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2020, 08:36 AM   #1
Site Donor 2018
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Thibodaux
Posts: 33,271
Blog Entries: 37
USA Today/Saints Wire: Alvin Kamara says 'there might be something going on' with contract extension

SmashMouth likes this.
jeanpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:44 AM   #2
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 27,344
Blog Entries: 29
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Alvin Kamara says 'there might be something going on' with contract extension

SmashMouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:47 AM   #3
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 9,806
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Alvin Kamara says 'there might be something going on' with contract extension

Well, d'uh!

AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:27 AM   #4
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Toilet of Idaho
Posts: 4,223
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Alvin Kamara says 'there might be something going on' with contract extension

Its gonna get expensive. I hope they can get him signed for less than what Elliot got.
jnormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 11:30 AM   #5
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,101
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Alvin Kamara says 'there might be something going on' with contract extension

SMH

Breaking news... something happened somewhere with someone.

Lol

On a serious note... I hope we let him play out his current contract then negotiate next year. Makes no sense for him to go for a blockbuster deal after the pathetic year he had.
jnormand likes this.
blackangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:41 PM   #6
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 18,468
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Alvin Kamara says 'there might be something going on' with contract extension

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
SMH

Breaking news... something happened somewhere with someone.

Lol

On a serious note... I hope we let him play out his current contract then negotiate next year. Makes no sense for him to go for a blockbuster deal after the pathetic year he had.
He wouldn't have had a pathetic year if Payton hadn't run him through the grinder using him as a feature back. He was injured all year long and that hurt his production.

He is not a feature back and should not be paid like some of the top running backs. He won't last the season with that kind of use. Don't get me wrong. I want to keep him in the black and gold but I know we can't pay everyone top money.
dizzle88, blackangold and K Major like this.
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 12:47 PM   #7
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bossier City, LA
Posts: 9,806
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Alvin Kamara says 'there might be something going on' with contract extension

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
He wouldn't have had a pathetic year if Payton hadn't run him through the grinder using him as a feature back. He was injured all year long and that hurt his production.

He is not a feature back and should not be paid like some of the top running backs. He won't last the season with that kind of use. Don't get me wrong. I want to keep him in the black and gold but I know we can't pay everyone top money.
That is why we need to get a deal done with him now. If we wait until after next season his worth could go through the roof.
MarchingOn likes this.
AsylumGuido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:49 PM   #8
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,101
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Alvin Kamara says 'there might be something going on' with contract extension

Originally Posted by Rugby Saint II View Post
He wouldn't have had a pathetic year if Payton hadn't run him through the grinder using him as a feature back. He was injured all year long and that hurt his production.

He is not a feature back and should not be paid like some of the top running backs. He won't last the season with that kind of use. Don't get me wrong. I want to keep him in the black and gold but I know we can't pay everyone top money.
I am not sure he was a feature back this season, he had less touches than the previous year.

He was very frustrating to watch this season and although Murray ran against many more loaded boxes he was just as effective...

As a fan, I don't like to see RBs get paid, they don't last long and aren't the real determining factor for their success.

My pay chart priority...
QB
O-line
D-line
DBs
WRs
LBs
Rugby Saint II likes this.
blackangold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 01:51 PM   #9
500th Post
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 565
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Alvin Kamara says 'there might be something going on' with contract extension

Price for a used Kamara? Has sustained some damage, but won some great races. Refurbish in progress.
Rugby Saint II likes this.
Thirty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 02:13 PM   #10
Bounty Money $$$
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 5800 Airline Dr. Metairie, LA.
Posts: 18,468
Re: USA Today/Saints Wire: Alvin Kamara says 'there might be something going on' with contract extension

Originally Posted by blackangold View Post
I am not sure he was a feature back this season, he had less touches than the previous year.

He was very frustrating to watch this season and although Murray ran against many more loaded boxes he was just as effective...

As a fan, I don't like to see RBs get paid, they don't last long and aren't the real determining factor for their success.

My pay chart priority...
QB
O-line
D-line
DBs
WRs
LBs
I like your list!
Rugby Saint II is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts