New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com

New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com (https://blackandgold.com/community/)
-   Saints (https://blackandgold.com/saints/)
-   -   Sean Payton shares how closely Saints scouted Patrick Mahomes (https://blackandgold.com/saints/96948-sean-payton-shares-how-closely-saints-scouted-patrick-mahomes.html)

SmashMouth 01-31-2020 11:31 PM

Sean Payton shares how closely Saints scouted Patrick Mahomes
 

TheOak 02-01-2020 05:04 AM

Re: Sean Payton shares how closely Saints scouted Patrick Mahomes
 
Sigh..... making content where the NFL has none.

One would expect every team in the league to scout a First Round QB in case he fell. It is called due diligence. Payton trying to play nice with the league.

The discussion about Mahomes draft should be with Bengals, Panthers, Chargers, Jets, Titans, Jags, 49ers, Bears, Browns.... And why they didnt pick him. Really Chicago... Why Trubisky over Mahomes and how do you feel about that pick on a polygraph.

vpheughan 02-01-2020 07:36 AM

Re: Sean Payton shares how closely Saints scouted Patrick Mahomes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOak (Post 878948)
Sigh..... making content where the NFL has none.

One would expect every team in the league to scout a First Round QB in case he fell. It is called due diligence. Payton trying to play nice with the league.

The discussion about Mahomes draft should be with Bengals, Panthers, Chargers, Jets, Titans, Jags, 49ers, Bears, Browns.... And why they didnt pick him. Really Chicago... Why Trubisky over Mahomes and how do you feel about that pick on a polygraph.


Shanahan's WANTING to win the Super Bowl may have drifted into the NEED to win the Super Bowl after...........

For one, the 49ers weren't entirely sold on Mahomes. Shanahan had interacted with the quarterback at the NFL Scouting Combine, but the team wasn't certain he'd prove worthy of the second pick in the draft.

"I didn't look into him obviously as much as I should have," Shanahan said Tuesday. "We definitely looked into him, studied all of his tape. Was just a freak, could make any throw, had the ability to do anything. That was a little bit different situation for us. We had the second pick in the draft, did not feel like from all the intel that you get and stuff that he was gonna go that high."

CHA_CHING 02-02-2020 12:18 AM

Re: Sean Payton shares how closely Saints scouted Patrick Mahomes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vpheughan (Post 878953)
Shanahan's WANTING to win the Super Bowl may have drifted into the NEED to win the Super Bowl after...........

For one, the 49ers weren't entirely sold on Mahomes. Shanahan had interacted with the quarterback at the NFL Scouting Combine, but the team wasn't certain he'd prove worthy of the second pick in the draft.

"I didn't look into him obviously as much as I should have," Shanahan said Tuesday. "We definitely looked into him, studied all of his tape. Was just a freak, could make any throw, had the ability to do anything. That was a little bit different situation for us. We had the second pick in the draft, did not feel like from all the intel that you get and stuff that he was gonna go that high."

I disagree with this. I get what you're saying here, but the Niners really wouldn't need Mahomes. They've made Jimmy G serviceable and I really think people over-exaggerate how "bad" he is. He came into the dome and lit us up.

The Niners have the more balanced team and more depth in this SB.

K.C. really reminds me of our old Saints teams during Brees' prime. They have a top 3 elite QB, elite WRs and a powerhouse offense, but their defense is average at best and when they're not even average, they're straight up garbage. Ranked 28th against the run. I expect the Niners to beat them to a bloody pulp tomorrow.

OldMaid 02-02-2020 06:40 AM

Re: Sean Payton shares how closely Saints scouted Patrick Mahomes
 
Well I am glad the Saints did not get him.
It would have been a waste of time and talent and years with no career for Mahomes to be here.
Everything in his universe worked out as it was supposed to be. He is where he was, is suppose to be.

Vrillon82 02-03-2020 12:18 AM

Re: Sean Payton shares how closely Saints scouted Patrick Mahomes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHA_CHING (Post 878969)
I disagree with this. I get what you're saying here, but the Niners really wouldn't need Mahomes. They've made Jimmy G serviceable and I really think people over-exaggerate how "bad" he is. He came into the dome and lit us up.

The Niners have the more balanced team and more depth in this SB.

K.C. really reminds me of our old Saints teams during Brees' prime. They have a top 3 elite QB, elite WRs and a powerhouse offense, but their defense is average at best and when they're not even average, they're straight up garbage. Ranked 28th against the run. I expect the Niners to beat them to a bloody pulp tomorrow.


Jimmy G is starting to remind me of another Jared Goff. We see how that worked out in L.A. to.

Thats 2 West division or west coast teams knocked out in the SB by the AFC for 2 straight years.

Then neither one is the best QB in their division, go figure.

AsylumGuido 02-03-2020 07:13 AM

Re: Sean Payton shares how closely Saints scouted Patrick Mahomes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHA_CHING (Post 878969)
I disagree with this. I get what you're saying here, but the Niners really wouldn't need Mahomes. They've made Jimmy G serviceable and I really think people over-exaggerate how "bad" he is. He came into the dome and lit us up.

The Niners have the more balanced team and more depth in this SB.

K.C. really reminds me of our old Saints teams during Brees' prime. They have a top 3 elite QB, elite WRs and a powerhouse offense, but their defense is average at best and when they're not even average, they're straight up garbage. Ranked 28th against the run. I expect the Niners to beat them to a bloody pulp tomorrow.

What happened to the Niners beating the Chiefs to a bloody pulp?

vpheughan 02-03-2020 07:35 AM

Re: Sean Payton shares how closely Saints scouted Patrick Mahomes
 
They've made Jimmy G serviceable and I really think people over-exaggerate how "bad" he is. He came into the dome and lit us up.

So happy he picked a "serviceable" QB over an Elite one while blowing double digit fourth quarter leads in two Super Bowls!!

He's an offensive genius!!! Just ask him!!

K Major 02-03-2020 07:39 AM

Re: Sean Payton shares how closely Saints scouted Patrick Mahomes
 
Pat Mahommes played great when he had to.

He's a closer.

OldMaid 02-03-2020 09:20 AM

Re: Sean Payton shares how closely Saints scouted Patrick Mahomes
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K Major (Post 879074)
Pat Mahommes played great when he had to.

He's a closer.


And a SB winner. And SB MVP.
And is a very smart player and leader, young guy , with a nice future in NFL.
He comes across likable too so for marketing purposes to the masses, that is a win.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2020 - BlackandGold.com