Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Defend your HANDLE!

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; I was originally "AlohaSaint" because I discovered this wonderful site that Mark allows us to be on (too much Mark?) when I was stationed at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii in '98 (yeah, I'm old school). I enlisted in 1988. I traveled ...

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #11
Mmm That Smell!

I was originally "AlohaSaint" because I discovered this wonderful site that Mark allows us to be on (too much Mark?) when I was stationed at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii in '98 (yeah, I'm old school).

I enlisted in 1988. I traveled the world and met so many people. They had their favorite teams but no one understood what being a Saints fan was all about. They always asked me how I could support a franchise as miserable as ours. I tried to explain but they don't get it.

GOD BLESS THE INTERNET!

I found Black and Gold and I was immediately (in my mind) home! Here was a way to talk to and listen to SAINTS FANS! Y'all knew what was in my heart!

My wife would find me at the computer in the morning, having never slept and shake her head and ask WTF? I can't count the number of times that I left for a full day at the beach on zero sleep!

We have discussed the Ditka and Hazlett years. Aaron Brooks, Tebucky Jones, etc.

Billy Cunningham vs BlackandBlue!

We lost JoeSam.............

I got transferred to Colorado. Hence, the change to RockyMountainSaint.

I retired and came home. I couldn't stand the idea of changing my handle again, so I am still RMS, even though I live in Bucktown.

Halo, thank you so much for what you do. I don't think you understand what you mean to folks who don't live here and rely on this site to keep in touch with our boys.

Who Dat!
jeanpierre and SloMotion like this.

I'm no one.
Who are you?