Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Not a homer!

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; Thought I would join to get some perspective from Saints fans about the upcoming playoff game. I'm not going to homer or troll, just want to read some posts about the game and maybe interject a little bit. I'm old ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By un3ek9er
  • 1 Post By skymike

Closed Thread  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
Rookie

Not a homer!

Thought I would join to get some perspective from Saints fans about the upcoming playoff game.

I'm not going to homer or troll, just want to read some posts about the game and maybe interject a little bit.

I'm old enough to remember the old days of our rivalry. I'm really looking forward to this game!

May the best team win!
Halo likes this.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:15 AM   #2
10000 POST CLUB

Welcome!

Enjoy your stay, Keep it civil, and feel free to Stick around...
Old 01-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #3
E. Side Cholo

agh! the 80s rivalry... freakin Joe Montana.... then freakin Steve Young.
You know our defensive players are the reason Young had to retire. Our
guys rang his bell so many times. Lot of heartbreaking losses for us, but
a few big wins.

I think it was '87, after the Strike, when we came back, and you guys were the first game when the regular players came back... Montana just atriculated the ball right down the field in the 4th Quarter. We almost came back, ourselves, but Bobby Hebert and the O could only get within Mortens long range, and he missed... We lost 24-22.

Anyway, Jim Mora went on a tirade afterward, and did his famous "Woulda Coulda Shoulda" speech. Everyone on the Saints, and everyone associated ignited, and we slobber-knocked Atlanta like 38-3, beat somebody else, then came to Candlestick and grinded it out for a 3 point win. I want to say the game ended on a sack of Montana, but I'm fuzzy. I know we ended on defense.... My favorite memory of our rivalry.

My youngest son's first game in the Superdome was '07, when Reggie pulled a Gale Sayers and scored 4 TD's. I know he'll always remember that.

Welcome to the board. You've picked the right Saints board, so have fun, and hang around. Also, do visit New Orleans, and you'll have fun! I have some very beloved family in the Bay Area, who love the Niners. But personally, I want to beat you guys 55-0!
Halo likes this.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #4
Deuce

Originally Posted by un3ek9er View Post
May the best team win!
Thanks! I hope we win, too!
Old 01-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #5
Site Donor MONTHLY

Originally Posted by un3ek9er View Post
I'm old enough to remember the old days of our rivalry. I'm really looking forward to this game!

May the best team win!
Me too. Montana and Rice were just too much to handle. But both of them and Steve Young say they always dreaded playing us because of our defense, the Dome Patrol.

Enjoy your stay and have some good discussions.
Closed Thread