Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Support > Website Support Forum

REP SYSTEM?

this is a discussion within the Website Support Forum Community Forum; This may be a dumb question but ill ask anyway. When I look under the"latest rep received" it only shows like three people and they are all old entries. Is their not a way to see who all your rep ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
Where y'at baby

REP SYSTEM?

This may be a dumb question but ill ask anyway.

When I look under the"latest rep received" it only shows like three people and they are all old entries. Is their not a way to see who all your rep is being recieved from?? Like a full list.

Thanks

Last edited by Halo; 04-27-2010 at 11:37 AM..
Old 03-19-2010, 01:57 AM   #2
Site Donor MONTHLY

Re: REP SYSTEM?

I don't have an answer for your question yet, but MAN I FREAKING LOVE THAT BIKE IN YOUR AVATAR!!!!

AWESOME!
Old 03-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
1000 Posts +

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
I don't have an answer for your question yet, but MAN I FREAKING LOVE THAT BIKE IN YOUR AVATAR!!!!

AWESOME!
lol after halo wipes the drool off his chin im sure he'll get right to it

the bike is pretty awesome tho
Old 03-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
Where y'at baby

Bump....
Old 03-23-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
Site Donor MONTHLY

Originally Posted by FatCitySaint View Post
This may be a dumb question but ill ask anyway.

When I look under the"latest rep received" it only shows like three people and they are all old entries. Is their not a way to see who all your rep is being recieved from?? Like a full list.

Thanks
I assume you're talking about the rep received area in the usercp?

Someone can give you rep points but if they do not make a comment when doing so it may not show up in that field.

Do you want some love, errm I mean points!?
Old 03-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #6
Where y'at baby

naaa lol....I just like to see who is using the rep system and who is agreeing or disagreeing with my posts is all.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
+Mod

Well one of the reasons why it only show the last 5 is mostly to do with bandwidth, pulling that stat to each and every profile is a strain on the System, i wont get deep into the science of how this work, i'll give you the meat..
Basically the stats are pulled from an area of code that is cached for a certain period of time on the system the admin of the site has the ability to increase that number, this number can only be increased in the actual code because it is hard coded, however anything more than 10 would severely eat up unneeded bandwidth, the creator of this SEO made as many needed cuts as possible to eliminate system constraint.
Lets say if 100 people in a 2 min period decided all at one time to check their profiles in the Cp area that rep data has to be pulled from the rep log data statistics and posted to each and every one of those profiles, it will cause system halt or long delay until each retrieval is done, if you visit your cp area you'll notice a slight delay, that is mostly due because of data retrieval.
The Higher that number is set the harder the system will be on the servers processors..
You might ask.. well isn't everything a cause of effect on the site's delay?
Answer is "NO" most parts of this site works in modules and work independently, some are very light on the system and can load fairly quickly, data log retrieval works a different way because that data is mostly coming from the admin's logs so it's not something the admin "HAS" to share at all.

A Server upgrade could help it but its expensive, and im sure the owners aren't making a killing from hosting this site lol..
But bare with us as there will be upgrades in the future to make everyone happy.
Best thing i can think of for members are to just visit often and especially after you post a cool reply/thread, and visit your CP area often to see the latest Rep's you got.. you have the total number but the actual reps will be shown.

Last edited by Saintswrath; 03-23-2010 at 06:49 PM..
Old 03-25-2010, 08:28 AM   #8
Where y'at baby

ahhhhh. ok. Thanks SW!!!!
Old 03-28-2010, 03:48 PM   #9
12,000 BS Posts

Spread the love... I've voted for all of you guys.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:09 AM   #10

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
I assume you're talking about the rep received area in the usercp?

Someone can give you rep points but if they do not make a comment when doing so it may not show up in that field.

Do you want some love, errm I mean points!?
Spreading wandering love around?
Closed Thread