Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Support > Website Support Forum

would someone please explain the rep points to me?

this is a discussion within the Website Support Forum Community Forum; How does this work? what to you do with the points once you have them? Whats the point? How many touches does Reggie get his first game back?...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 11:24 PM   #1
Banned

How does this work? what to you do with the points once you have them? Whats the point? How many touches does Reggie get his first game back?
Old 11-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
Site Donor 2018

he really does'nt have to touch it for me, just work the field and let everything else open up. but realisticly 10-12 probably.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #3
Banned

Originally Posted by st thomas View Post
he really does'nt have to touch it for me, just work the field and let everything else open up. but realisticly 10-12 probably.
Thanks for that fountain of information.lol
Old 11-11-2010, 12:07 AM   #4
+Mod

The user reputation/rating system allows the board members to leave comments about one anothers' posts, and thereby contribute to their overall 'reputation'.

Members can gain and/or lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Members with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content. This can be achieved by clicking on the reputation icon [Reputation icon]

The ability to add/remove from another member's reputation is based on a set of controls which includes seniority, post count, own reputation level etc. This is expressed as reputation-altering power and will typically increase over time and by contributing more to the board. The higher your reputation-altering power is, the more impact a comment on another member's post will have.

A member's reputation/rating is depicted by a single icon with varying shades of green colours. The darker the colour the more neutral a reputation/rating is, the brighter the colour the more positive/negative a reputation/rating score is.

Hope this helped you.

Moving thread to appropriate area.

- Mod SaintsWrath

Last edited by Saintswrath; 11-11-2010 at 04:15 AM..
Old 11-11-2010, 02:47 AM   #5
100th Post

A while back I lost something like 700 points give or take.I don't think I've ever said or did anything to warrent losing that many points.What do you think happen?
Old 11-11-2010, 03:27 AM   #6
1000 Posts +

sure,

it is kind of like web browser based chat, facetwits or other lame activities on the web.

it only matters to newbies.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:14 AM   #7
+Mod

Originally Posted by saintsfan601 View Post
A while back I lost something like 700 points give or take.I don't think I've ever said or did anything to warrent losing that many points.What do you think happen?
The site went down due an attack a while ago, we had limited backup's from that time so if you had a certain criteria missing, Halo was the guy to contact to correct it, if you feel you are missing something Halo can go in and tweak it for you or meet you half way there.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:53 AM   #8
100th Post

It's no biggie.I just wanted to make sure I didn't break any rules or piss a bunch of people off.I'm here to talk Saints football and make friends with other fans of my fav. team.I feel it's okay to disagree just no reason to take it to the extreme.Thanks for responding so quickly.I think having great mods is what keeps this site so great.Not trying to suck up either.Thats how I truely feel.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:14 PM   #9
Site Donor MONTHLY

Originally Posted by saintsfan601 View Post
It's no biggie.I just wanted to make sure I didn't break any rules or piss a bunch of people off.I'm here to talk Saints football and make friends with other fans of my fav. team.I feel it's okay to disagree just no reason to take it to the extreme.Thanks for responding so quickly.I think having great mods is what keeps this site so great.Not trying to suck up either.Thats how I truely feel.
Saintsfan601,

There are 2 points systems. One system called "Experience" is for member "activity" as in things you do on the website like posting threads, answering threads, posting blogs, etc.

The second is the "Rep" system where people can give you a "Rep" point for a good post.

The first system had a glitch in it that was awarding people 2 points per day for each day since they registered. Not only was it resource intensive, it wasn't fair because we had members who joined 7 or 8 years ago who were racking up BIG points but didn't contribute to the site.

So we removed that variable. When we removed it, everyone (and I mean every single member including mods/admins etc.) lost a few hundred points as we aren't awarding points for days since a member registered.

So it was a recalculation of the Experience points.
You can follow the Experience system by viewing this page located in the Quick Links menu: New Orleans Saints - Black and Gold - Ranking

Like blackandgold.com on facebook follow us on Twitter
Old 11-12-2010, 07:47 PM   #10
12,000 BS Posts

REP points are simple. Just send me some. LOL
Closed Thread