Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Hi Everyone :)

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; I'm Sarah I'm from Buffalo, and I'm a long suffering Bills fan. I love the Bills even though they make it really hard sometimes. I have no shame in admitting I jumped on the Saints bandwagon this season. They made ...

Closed Thread  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
Rookie

Hi Everyone :)

I'm Sarah I'm from Buffalo, and I'm a long suffering Bills fan. I love the Bills even though they make it really hard sometimes. I have no shame in admitting I jumped on the Saints bandwagon this season. They made it pretty easy even though the season ended too soon. I didn't get to watch too many games this season, pretty much only what was nationally televised. I think almost every Dallas game was on though (yuck!).

I'll probably just be reading here most of the time for now, I'm not really that well informed yet to have any opinions Unless its about an AFC team. Then I'll have plenty.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:26 AM   #2
E. Side Cholo

Hi SarahJane.

We know what is like to have some crappy years.
Bills fans are among the NFL's craziest, and I remember when they were
the only table in our sportsbars that were anywhere near the volume of
Saints fans. (Im in Houston. You can live in Houston and drive to all the
home games in the Superdome.)

Read up, not only on our Saints history, but our local culture, and see if you can spot all the special weirdnesses that that are unique to us Saints fans. We have our own language and customs. Here are your vocabulary words for this week:

-- Archie
-- gris gris
-- mudbugs
-- krewe
-- fleur de lis
-- Buddy D.
-- Turbo Dog & Abita
-- Stand up and get Krunk

enjoy your new addiction.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
10000 POST CLUB

And if you need a seat on the bandwagon, there's plenty of Cowboy fans we could kick off.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #4
Donated Plasma

Originally Posted by saintsfan1976 View Post
And if you need a seat on the bandwagon, there's plenty of Cowboy fans we could kick off.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #5
1000 Posts +

Welcome SaraJane. We definitely know about the long suffering. However, I do feel for you guys, having been to the Superbowl, how many, four times? I know that must be hard on a fan. Jim Kelly is one of my all time favorite players. Like Marino, he's one of the best quarterbacks to never win a Superbowl.

I'm afraid, however, that if you want to continue to be a Bills fan, you've made a mistake. Once you become a Saints fan, even a bandwagoner as you say, you're hooked for life. Being a Saints fan is not something you can do on the weekends, it's a way of life. It gets into your blood, and soaks into your bones. Pretty soon your whole life is black and gold. So welcome again to BNG, welcome to the NFC, and welcome to a new "rest of your life" long Saints fan.

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, ...
Old 02-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #6

Welcome !!! SarahJane. Once you become a Saints Fan You can never go back. You know what they say. Welcome to the family.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:20 AM   #7
E. Side Cholo

Originally Posted by Srgt. Hulka View Post
Being a Saints fan is not something you can do on the weekends, it's a way of life. ...
true. Our women can
name lineman. (I think this is true of Bills fans too.) The entire area code, and every vehicle you see on the highway gets its Saints on when
the games are nearing. I guarantee, we lead the league in stuff. You can buy Saints anything, and it never stops. We have our own version of the American flag. Somebody post that Joan of Arc statue by the French Market.

your vocabulary words for today:

-- Hakim Drops the Ball
-- Cajun Cannon
-- Hokie Gajan
-- Beignets
-- Helmet Toss
-- CBD, Quarter, Uptown, Garden District
-- Cell Phone celebration
-- (Big) Mamou
Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
12,000 BS Posts

Who Dat... Gotta love it. Geaux Saints.