Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Hi! SaintsBro Never Introduced Himself

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; Hi. I realized I've been posting here a while but never introduced myself. I have lurked here on this board and not posted for a looooong time, since the thick of the Haslett era at least. My first Saints game ...

Closed Thread  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #1
Site Donor

Hi! SaintsBro Never Introduced Himself

Hi. I realized I've been posting here a while but never introduced myself.

I have lurked here on this board and not posted for a looooong time, since the thick of the Haslett era at least.

My first Saints game I attended (which I don't even remember) was the famous 63-7 drubbing at the hands of the Falcons in the early '70s at Tulane Stadium. I guess my hatred of the Falcons was born early, LOL.

I grew up not far from Tulane stadium and I could walk out my door into the yard and hear the announcer and the crowd on Sundays...the other early game I really remember was seeing the classic early '70s Dolphins steamroll over the Saints. It was Griese and Czonka and Mercury Morris, all those dudes. I remember Archie running around for his life out there against a lot of the guys from the No Name defense, LOL.

Oh, and get this...my older sister used to babysit for the Manning boys...not really Peyton but mostly for Eli and Cooper. Sometimes when Archie and their mom would go see Peyton play in night games at Newman, or when Archie had things like sports award dinners and charity events to go to with his wife, my sister was often their babysitter.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #2
Problem?

That's pretty neat.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:10 PM   #3
Deuce

Originally Posted by SaintsBro View Post
Hi. I realized I've been posting here a while but never introduced myself.

I have lurked here on this board and not posted for a looooong time, since the thick of the Haslett era at least.

My first Saints game I attended (which I don't even remember) was the famous 63-7 drubbing at the hands of the Falcons in the early '70s at Tulane Stadium. I guess my hatred of the Falcons was born early, LOL.

I grew up not far from Tulane stadium and I could walk out my door into the yard and hear the announcer and the crowd on Sundays...the other early game I really remember was seeing the classic early '70s Dolphins steamroll over the Saints. It was Griese and Czonka and Mercury Morris, all those dudes. I remember Archie running around for his life out there against a lot of the guys from the No Name defense, LOL.

Oh, and get this...my older sister used to babysit for the Manning boys...not really Peyton but mostly for Eli and Cooper. Sometimes when Archie and their mom would go see Peyton play in night games at Newman, or when Archie had things like sports award dinners and charity events to go to with his wife, my sister was often their babysitter.
Cool story, but I would imagine that it was Eli and Peyton being baby-sat, since Cooper is the oldest.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
Fan Since 1967

Welcome and how old is your sister? lol
Old 11-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #5
Site Donor

Originally Posted by Saint_LB View Post
Cool story, but I would imagine that it was Eli and Peyton being baby-sat, since Cooper is the oldest.
I must have got it mixed up. I was really young! But that make sense, because she has lots more of an impression and stories about Cooper, whereas she doesn't have any real memories of Peyton or Eli, because they were just little little kids.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
Mmm That Smell!

Welcome back!

Who Dat!
Closed Thread