Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Fan from the PACNW

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; Originally Posted by NWSaintsFan I was at the Saints playoff game last year when they came to Seattle. I learned the hard way that Seahawks fans aren't very friendly to away guests. It's funny what one playoff win will do ...

Closed Thread  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #11
Rookie

Originally Posted by NWSaintsFan View Post
I was at the Saints playoff game last year when they came to Seattle. I learned the hard way that Seahawks fans aren't very friendly to away guests. It's funny what one playoff win will do to a bunch of fans.
I don't have a lot of nice things to say about the Seahawk fans. Fairweather and bandwagon fans come to mind. The 12th man aspect is a joke. They only make noise when the game is close and I'm old enough to remember the black out days of the 1990's. They generaly whine about east coast bias, getting screwed by the ref's, and having to travel more miles then any other team.

By the way welcome, I'm new here too lol.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #12
Rookie

Originally Posted by SeatownSaint View Post
I don't have a lot of nice things to say about the Seahawk fans. Fairweather and bandwagon fans come to mind. The 12th man aspect is a joke. They only make noise when the game is close and I'm old enough to remember the black out days of the 1990's. They generaly whine about east coast bias, getting screwed by the ref's, and having to travel more miles then any other team.

By the way welcome, I'm new here too lol.
Meh, it's loud pretty much every play the defense is on the field. I was at the Bengals Hawks game this year, and even though the Hawks were getting beat bad, it was still loud as heck.

They have some of the most homeristic fans though. It's annoying to hear them talk. I was in a Seahawks jersey and I STILL almost got into an argument with a guy. He said, no joke,
"I would rather have TJax than a guy like Brady or Brees, he can use his feet to get out of trouble, Brady and Brees can't avoid sacks"
Obviously that guy has never seen a Saints game this season, I have never seen Brees as mobile as he is this year. Man even if Brees had his feet glued to the ground I'd take him over TJax.

As far as them getting screwed by the refs? Yeah, they get a TON of bad calls, probably more than any team, but they take it too far. They use it as a crutch. They make it seem like they are bad because of the refs, but in reality they are bad, and the refs just make it worse.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:42 AM   #13
Rookie

Yeah but the Bengal game was pretty close up until the final minutes of the game though. I'm talking about when they are down by 17 or more it gets quiet and the fans want to get out of their early to beat the I-5 traffic lol. That comment about TJax is hilarious and typical. I remember over hearing a guy who wanted to start Dilfer over Hasselbeck when Hasselbeck was struggling early in his career. Like Trent Dilfer had any upside. I have never see a starting QB get cut from a Super Bowl team ever....that speaks volumes about Dilfer and his ability. I will say that Leon Washington got screwed in that block in the back call vs. the Browns but I tend to believe calls even out and they should have scored more then 6 points or whatever and they wouldn't have been in that position. Is it getting cold up there already in Bellingham?
Old 11-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #14
Site Donor MONTHLY

Originally Posted by NWSaintsFan View Post
Meh, it's loud pretty much every play the defense is on the field. I was at the Bengals Hawks game this year, and even though the Hawks were getting beat bad, it was still loud as heck.

They have some of the most homeristic fans though. It's annoying to hear them talk. I was in a Seahawks jersey and I STILL almost got into an argument with a guy. He said, no joke,
Obviously that guy has never seen a Saints game this season, I have never seen Brees as mobile as he is this year. Man even if Brees had his feet glued to the ground I'd take him over TJax.

As far as them getting screwed by the refs? Yeah, they get a TON of bad calls, probably more than any team, but they take it too far. They use it as a crutch. They make it seem like they are bad because of the refs, but in reality they are bad, and the refs just make it worse.
Personally, I have been a HUGE critic of Tavaris Jackson, as well as the concept of the "mobile NFL QB" in modern history. Frankly, I could not believe Minnesota was making TJax their franchise future and TJax was every reason why they brought Favre there.

The scrambling NFL QB, which translates into: a poor pocket QB with happy feet, never pulls down the big wins and they end up getting injured. Mike Vick is the best of these because he does have a good arm, but his inconsistency makes him an afterthought.

When the Seahawks brought TJax in to start this season, I felt there were better options for a short term solution for Seattle.

Welcome to our website.

Like blackandgold.com on facebook follow us on Twitter
Old 11-07-2011, 12:18 PM   #15
Rookie

I will say that Leon Washington got screwed in that block in the back call vs. the Browns but I tend to believe calls even out and they should have scored more then 6 points or whatever and they wouldn't have been in that position.
Yeah, that's my thoughts on it. You can get bad calls all game, but there is RARELY a time that a game was lost BECAUSE of the refs.

Is it getting cold up there already in Bellingham?
Not too bad. Been hovering in the low 40s to mid 30s all week. It get's pretty cold during playoff time and the Superbowl. Most people don't realize it, but Bellingham get's real cold. With windchill we had a couple 5-10* days last winter.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #16
12,000 BS Posts

Welcome... here a who's who of the board... http://blackandgold.com/xperience.ph...sortorder=desc
Old 11-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #17
Mmm That Smell!

Welcome!
Closed Thread