Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Please allow me to introduce myself . . .

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; "Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste, I've been around for a long, long year, Stole many a man's soul and faith . . ." ~ Sympathy for the Devil, Rolling Stones Been on ...

Like Tree15Likes

Closed Thread  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #1
5000 POSTS! +

Please allow me to introduce myself . . .

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste, I've been around for a long, long year, Stole many a man's soul and faith . . ."~ Sympathy for the Devil, Rolling Stones

Been on the board about a week now, thought posting in the 'Defend your handle' thread was the equivalent of introducing myself, but upon further review, it is not. Hey, the nickname isn't 'SloMotion' just for my blazing physical speed, but because of the way I catch on quick also . . .

Can't really say I've ever been a Saints fan . . . growing up, I was consumed with a passion for the Detroit Lions and vorociously sought out any and all details about my team I could. That brought me to the Guinness World Book of Records in which there was a black & white photo of Tom Dempsey kicking the NFL's longest field goal against . . . we all know who . . . the Detroit Lions. I still see that photograph in my mind today. That was my introduction to the New Orleans Saints.

Fast forward to 2011/2012 . . . I'm older now, supposedly wiser, and the Lions are facing the Saints in the playoffs, who'da thunk? I've been poking around the message boards looking for something, what it is I don't exactly know, but I'll know when I find it . . . when WhoDat!656 comes on the Lions message boards and invites Lions fans to the Black and Gold. I accepted, and the rest is history . . . like a stray dog brought in off the streets, y'all gave me a taste of good ol' Black and Gold hospitality and I ain't going anywhere no time soon, lol!

But I'm a Lions fan, always have been, always will be, for better or worse, 'til death do we part . . . and what I plan on doing is just commenting on stuff that relates to common opponents between us and threads on topics dealing with the Lions, games we've had or will have, or anything that pertains to Detroit, Michigan or whatever connection I can use to justify contributing a post. I have met so many great Black and Gold members already and remain always respectful of my hosts, the Black and Gold.

Check out the blog I'm posting later today, 1/9/2012, and let me know what you think!

go Lions.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
10000 POST CLUB

Thanks for being so classy; SloMotion!

And feel free to stick around for as long as you like; if you're not careful we'll switch you over from the dark side...

SloMotion likes this.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #3
Site Donor MONTHLY

We luv you SLOMOTION!!!

SloMotion likes this.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
5000 POSTS! +

Originally Posted by Halo View Post
We luv you SLOMOTION!!!
Oh man! Hilarious! Touche, Halo ... well played, sir. I'm a serious Mike Meyers fan and I've gone to the bullpen for that Austin Powers scene many a times, haha! I loved introducing Mrs. SloMotion as "Oprah" before the divorce ...

go Lions.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
10000 POST CLUB

Officially welcome, SloMo!
SloMotion likes this.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
5000 POSTS! +

Location: Grand Haven, Michigan by way of a little Mississippi River town in Louisiana
"Allow me to introduce myself" welcome.
SloMotion likes this.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #7
1000 Posts +

Enjoyed the visit SloMotion. Don't be a stranger.
SloMotion likes this.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #8
Registered

Any one who is a Stones fan can't be all that bad, even if he is a Lions Fan.LOL. Welcome and look forward to reading some of your insightful post.
Halo and SloMotion like this.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #9
Bounty Money $$$

Please allow me to say sup?
SloMotion likes this.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #10
Site Donor 2018

Enjoyed having you around SM! You seem like a cool cat so don't be a stranger.
SloMotion likes this.
Closed Thread