Register All Albums FAQ Community Experience
Go Back   New Orleans Saints Forums - blackandgold.com > Main > Welcome Wagon - NEW!

Hello!

this is a discussion within the Welcome Wagon - NEW! Community Forum; This is somewhat belated, but I wanted to say hello to the Saints nation. I decided to join this board as my team, the Bucs, has no Official board. The Glazers took that away from us. I guess it was ...

Like Tree12Likes

Closed Thread  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #1

Thumbs up Hello!

This is somewhat belated, but I wanted to say hello to the Saints nation. I decided to join this board as my team, the Bucs, has no Official board. The Glazers took that away from us. I guess it was really expensive for them to maintain.......right.

Anyways, we do have an unofficial board that I frequent (same user name), but the traffic there is pretty weak. Also, there is a wee bit too much nepotism on there. It's basicaly 5-6 different posters who hijack threads with corny inside jokes. I actually confirmed that the aforementioned are a mother, father, son, son, and uncle tandem. Regardless, I do still post there.

Please understand that while I respect the Saints organization along with their fans, I would rather have my eyeballs taken out with a spork than root for the Saints.

I am a Tampa native, and love my Bucs, Rays, and Magic. I don't have any 2nd favorite teams.

As for this board, it's actually pretty damned squared-away. The point/award system is pretty sweet. never had that on any Bucs boards.

I look forward talking smack with Saints fans.
pherein likes this.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Site Donor MONTHLY

You don't have to root for the Saints! There's a whole NFL board and we need good objective input.

Welcome Aboard!!
Dos Equis likes this.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #3
1000 Posts +

Welcome, Good Luck. And good luck getting V - Jax not to be a malcontent if yall start tanking with the league's second toughest schedule for new coaches. I might as well start the smack talk right here. We always throw the first punch!!!! BTW I would rather get on Bobby Petrino's Harley as a passenger than root for the Sucs to do well..... at least you'll get honest takes in here verses the Suc boards taking your team to the Bowl already.......
Dos Equis likes this.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #4

Originally Posted by alleycat_126 View Post
Welcome, Good Luck. And good luck getting V - Jax not to be a malcontent if yall start tanking with the league's second toughest schedule for new coaches. I might as well start the smack talk right here. We always throw the first punch!!!! BTW I would rather get on Bobby Petrino's Harley as a passenger than root for the Sucs to do well..... at least you'll get honest takes in here verses the Suc boards taking your team to the Bowl already.......
My feelings exactly about the Aints.

As far as the Bucs, it all hinges on IF Freeman is the real deal. We'll know this year whether 2010 was a fluke. But, if Freeman can perform like I think he can, we'll be fine.

I'm not very well-liked on the Bucs board as its VERY family-oriented, and like I said earlier, it's like a little clique there that hijacks threads with corny inside jokes. And, anytime you post something serious with a lot of thought put into it, no one will reply. But, if one of the members of 'the family' posts "I like bacon", he/she will get 50 replies in a span of an hour.

Here, I've noticed that people don't care about that crap and will respond, if anything, to talk ****. Which, I love as I don't mind engaging in pissing contests.
SloMotion likes this.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
evil decepticon

in all fairness, bacon is awesome

and hola!
SloMotion and Dos Equis like this.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #6
Problem?

Glad to have you on board. We have a Lions' fan who's now a daily resident here. Hopefully you can enjoy our board as he has.
SloMotion and Dos Equis like this.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
12,000 BS Posts

Welcome aboard....
Dos Equis likes this.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
5000 POSTS! +

... you're in the right place.
Dos Equis likes this.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #9

I can't believe I am going to say this, but are Saints' fans treating me better than fellow Bucs' fans do? It appears that way.

I'm impressed.....maybe, a little wierded out, too. LOL

Anyways, thanks a lot, and I look forward to contributing to this board.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #10
Problem?

Sometimes it's refreshing to get an outsiders' opinion on things... as long as it's sensible of course.

Just remember come game time(against the Bucs), you're probably going to have to put on some armor... but it's all fun and games.
Dos Equis likes this.
Closed Thread