Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints > NFL

Colin Kaepernick-discuss

this is a discussion within the NFL Community Forum; Originally Posted by burningmetal I'm sorry you feel that way, but unfortunately you're flat out wrong. If it means nothing, then why does it apparently mean something to everyone, be it positive or negative? YOU have decided for yourself that ...

Like Tree122Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2016, 01:45 AM   #101
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 37
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way, but unfortunately you're flat out wrong. If it means nothing, then why does it apparently mean something to everyone, be it positive or negative? YOU have decided for yourself that it means nothing to you. That sounds like a personal problem, and not something that the rest of us should take under consideration when having a conversation of what the flag means to us.

That flag is, IN FACT, our national flag. Not because I said so, and regardless of whether you care or not. So when you protest the flag, you protest the country. If you want to make a specific statement about something happening in this country, you go and speak to someone who it specifically pertains to.

It's like throwing a bucket of paint at the wall instead of painting the actual picture with a brush.
its not my feelings,its cold hard logical fact. Feelings have nothing to do with whether staring at a flag has any meaning. Feelings dont make things facts or truth's.
no,it means nothing because it means nothing.
whether I or you think it does or not. Its just a piece of material on a pole.
it has no meaning and serves no purpose..unless you need an extra blanket.

lets put it this way..if you believe in God..the all knowing creator doesnt give a damn about any nations flag.Americans dont get any special treatment.



[[It's like throwing a bucket of paint at the wall instead of painting the actual picture with a brush]]

no,its like not looking at a flag/ not standing for flag,no more,no less.

what purpose does the flag serve when you are tired,cold,hungry? what did the flag do for Katrina?
A.8Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:48 AM   #102
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 37
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
If I forget to quote something in my original post, I haven't been able to figure out how to include the quote in my edit. It never works, so I'm not sure.
forgive me again but..every site has these things,so why not here?

whats the deal guys? is it my firefox? what? its no fun without an editor,smileys n stuff
A.8Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 01:59 AM   #103
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,445
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by saintfan View Post
You folks know what was a sizeable portion of the Haight/Asbury population in the 60s? Kids from Marin.

See, the rich kids from Marin used to come down to the Haight, smoke a little pot, dream about Utopia, then go back home to the parent's houses on hill sides overlooking the San Francisco Bay or the Pacific Ocean.

Not all of course. There were a lot of things that converged there as most of us know, and many who were there were truly trying to make change. After 67 it became a Heroin fest and the rest is a pretty sad history.

But there were some genuinely political people involved who did make some genuinely good arguments against the establishment. It got bastardized and that's pretty much that.

To Kaepernick, here's what we know:
  • Took the league by storm
  • league figures him out (like is usually does)
  • Looses his starting gig
  • has contract squabbles with Niners
  • Won't renegotiate his 11 million to leave and start with Denver
  • Gets involved with BLM DJ Hottie
  • Converts to Islam
  • Starts wearing Castro t-shirts but nobody cares because the Che Gueva ship sailed in the 60s
  • Starts wearing socks with pigs wearing police hats - nobody cares
  • Isn't getting enough attention so sits during anthem

And all over the internet people lose their damn minds. Look this kid is looking for attention and couldn't hold an equitable conversation on the subject of his protest even with someone like me. The hottie DJ probably has as much to do with his 'protest for the downtrodden' as any true activism he might have in his tiny, pea brain. Probably (likely) much much more.

So y'all keep on yelling back and forth. Few of you can see the forest for the trees, but some of you can, and I like you. The rest of you are sheep. This isn't a race thing this is a guy trying to please his girl who also craves the spotlight that shined on him briefly...before we all came to understand he's not a very good QB.

Simple simple. Here endeth the lesson.
I agree in principle with your statements. But while we understand Kaep is lobbying for attention, the fact remains that he is perpetuating a subject and narrative that is dividing this country. So what if he is just following his girl? It's irresponsible to make "statements" when you don't know what you're talking about, and especially if you don't even genuinely believe it... Don't you think?

So if I'm a sheep for trying to bring a little thought into a mindless finger pointing war, so be it.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:14 AM   #104
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,445
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by A.8Manning View Post
its not my feelings,its cold hard logical fact. Feelings have nothing to do with whether staring at a flag has any meaning. Feelings dont make things facts or truth's.
no,it means nothing because it means nothing.
whether I or you think it does or not. Its just a piece of material on a pole.
it has no meaning and serves no purpose..unless you need an extra blanket.

lets put it this way..if you believe in God..the all knowing creator doesnt give a damn about any nations flag.Americans dont get any special treatment.



[[It's like throwing a bucket of paint at the wall instead of painting the actual picture with a brush]]

no,its like not looking at a flag/ not standing for flag,no more,no less.

what purpose does the flag serve when you are tired,cold,hungry? what did the flag do for Katrina?
Again, you don't have to care about the flag. If your way of life is to sit back and say "eh, who cares, this isn't my problem". Go right ahead. This thread isn't for you, obviously.

Does the flag itself do anything for anyone? No, it doesn't. If you're sitting on your couch watching a game, no one expects you to stand up and place your hand on your heart. But when you are there, where the ceremony is taking place, and you purposefully protest it, you are giving the middle finger. Why else would he do it? He knows exactly what I'm saying, that he is in a public place where people can see him, and he is sitting where everyone else was standing.

It's no different from someone asking a crowd to partake in a moment of silence and one guy shouts "I'm glad he's dead!". The moment of silence was symbolism. Showing respect for the fallen. It doesn't mean anything in a tangible sense, but everyone has an understanding what it represents. So when one person decides he's going to be the one to break the silence and be a jerk, he's disrespected everyone else.

The flag doesn't have to have a tangible meaning. We all know what it represents, and why he is choosing not to stand for it. And it is his stance and the disrespect that he shows for his fellow Americans that people disagree with, and not simply the flag itself, a piece of cloth on a pole, as you've noted.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:24 AM   #105
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,445
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Oh and speaking of katrina, and what the flag didn't do for it. The flag didn't help anyone, but the people who reside in this country of which it represents gave money to the victims (all while many of the people were looting, raping and killing each other, no less). Just as they've given to victims of all sorts of tragedy. You won't see that in Africa, where they are too poor to support their own people. Nobody is saying our country is perfect, and I, for one, am sick of the political corruption. I have had plenty to say about that.

But I'm not going to take my issues out on the entire country as if they're all against me.
JoanieNTX likes this.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:59 AM   #106
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,445
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by nola_swammi View Post
How does this help your argument? You might need to go back and read my statements if you think I said white people are not targeted, also! I can only come to a conclusion that you think IF WHITE PEOPLE ARE TARGETED WHY SHOULD BLACK PEOPLE PROTEST? ARE YOU SAYING IF WHITE PEOPLE TARGETED WHY IS IT A BLACK LIVE MATTER MOVEMENT INSTEAD OF A ALL LIVES MATTER? Well if you asking why is it a black live matter movement, the simple answer to this in MY OPINION is that after many complaints by blacks that police are targeting blacks many people refused to believe. people will say they must deserve what happen to them, the police was using self defense or the most ridiculous one is they cause the injury to themselves. well after the Rodney King beating was broadcast on T.V. people thought that will shed the light on the truth and justice will prevail but as you and I know the officers were acquitted of any wrong doing. Why would blacks believe in JUSTICE FOR ALL after that slap in the face? Then the assaults by pedestrian (STAND YOUR GROUND LAW) was causing a lot of blacks to be killed are assaulted (TRAYVON MARTIN tapes clearly was evidence that Zimmerman pursued Trayvon after the 911 responder told him not to follow) now you have a series of events that happening within the year with clear footage of what is happening, so that's started the BLACK LIVES MOVEMENT. Its not to say white people or other don't matter. Its to let people know we are tired of seeing our children, daughters, sons and men being slaughtered with NO JUSTICE NO PEACE

RODNEY KING BEATING VIDEO Full length footage SCREENER - YouTube
How does it help my argument? By proving how yours is totally ignorant and inaccurate, perhaps?

You want me to go back and read what you said? As you wish. Here's just one example of you talking about black, black, black and nothing about white victims.


"Listen clearly, I give a rat A** what you think about me. You try so hard to switch the conversation from the subject of the brutality toward blacks with no success. If you claim to be the spokesman for EVERYONE in America really prove how dumb you are. I have no hatred toward cops or whites and in your case other, I don't like you but no hatred. I am simply saying wrong is wrong and right is right. When cops think more in line that when they cross path with a black individual they need to be more aggressive thats were the injustice plays a part."


I don't know how to include a quote from multiple posts, so I had to paste it, but it's on page 7 for anyone who wants to look.

I don't remember you specifically saying that NO whites get killed, but that's not what I accused you of. You're whole argument has been about the brutality towards blacks. You have made it abundantly clear that you are of the belief that this is a racial war of cops against black people. My post was to show how incredibly inaccurate that is. Pretty simple stuff.

The Rodney King story is really outdated for this argument. But I'll play along. So Rodney King was seen being beaten by cops and nothing was done to them. Ok... And I showed you proof of white people being killed by cops and nothing happened to them. The difference? You never heard of those stories, did you? What's that word again? Equality?... Well there you have it.

Sometimes terrible things happen, and people get away with it. But you act like blacks are ignored, when they are getting WAY more attention. The lack of balanced coverage by the media is what's feeding this, as I've already said.

And it isn't just the White vs. Black death rates that are being exaggerated. It's this idea that the police force has some agenda. People like you try to say that you don't hate cops, but then you are putting all the blame on them. How does that work? There are bad people, and some are cops. Most are not. But if it really bothers you that much, you should be speaking up for the rights of ALL CITIZENS, not just blacks.

So yes, it shouldn't be the black lives matter movement. It SHOULD be all lives matter. Absolutely.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:01 AM   #107
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 37
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by burningmetal View Post
Again, you don't have to care about the flag. If your way of life is to sit back and say "eh, who cares, this isn't my problem". Go right ahead. This thread isn't for you, obviously.

Does the flag itself do anything for anyone? No, it doesn't. If you're sitting on your couch watching a game, no one expects you to stand up and place your hand on your heart. But when you are there, where the ceremony is taking place, and you purposefully protest it, you are giving the middle finger. Why else would he do it? He knows exactly what I'm saying, that he is in a public place where people can see him, and he is sitting where everyone else was standing.

It's no different from someone asking a crowd to partake in a moment of silence and one guy shouts "I'm glad he's dead!". The moment of silence was symbolism. Showing respect for the fallen. It doesn't mean anything in a tangible sense, but everyone has an understanding what it represents. So when one person decides he's going to be the one to break the silence and be a jerk, he's disrespected everyone else.

The flag doesn't have to have a tangible meaning. We all know what it represents, and why he is choosing not to stand for it. And it is his stance and the disrespect that he shows for his fellow Americans that people disagree with, and not simply the flag itself, a piece of cloth on a pole, as you've noted.

((It's no different from someone asking a crowd to partake in a moment of silence and one guy shouts "I'm glad he's dead!". The moment of silence was symbolism.))

no,its nothing like that what so ever. You are choosing to give meaning to something that has none. It compares to nothing because it is nothing.
Only in your mind do you choose to create the importance.

how is the tread not for me? where was the thread limited to pro-flag worshipers ?


[[And it is his stance and the disrespect that he shows for his fellow Americans that people disagree with,]]

how in the hell is he disrespecting anyone by not standing and looking at a flag? welcome to Orwellian society people ! you are expected to worship the State!


{{Does the flag itself do anything for anyone? No, it doesn't. If you're sitting on your couch watching a game, no one expects you to stand up and place your hand on your heart. But when you are there, where the ceremony is taking place, and you purposefully protest it, you are giving the middle finger. Why else would he do it? }}

please tell me you are joking?
how the hell is not standing mean you are protesting anything? it means you are not standing. Why are you obligated to stand for a stupid meaningless ritual? who gives a damn if you dont?
The Anthem isnt a ceremony. Its a silly gap in waiting for a game.
A.8Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:06 AM   #108
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Monroe, La
Posts: 1,395
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

BUNCH OF NONSENSE!!!!

STOP THE KILLING OF THE INNOCENCT AND THEIR WILL BE NO PROTEST
nola_swammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:21 AM   #109
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,445
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by A.8Manning View Post
((It's no different from someone asking a crowd to partake in a moment of silence and one guy shouts "I'm glad he's dead!". The moment of silence was symbolism.))

no,its nothing like that what so ever. You are choosing to give meaning to something that has none. It compares to nothing because it is nothing.
Only in your mind do you choose to create the importance.

how is the tread not for me? where was the thread limited to pro-flag worshipers ?


[[And it is his stance and the disrespect that he shows for his fellow Americans that people disagree with,]]

how in the hell is he disrespecting anyone by not standing and looking at a flag? welcome to Orwellian society people ! you are expected to worship the State!


{{Does the flag itself do anything for anyone? No, it doesn't. If you're sitting on your couch watching a game, no one expects you to stand up and place your hand on your heart. But when you are there, where the ceremony is taking place, and you purposefully protest it, you are giving the middle finger. Why else would he do it? }}

please tell me you are joking?
how the hell is not standing mean you are protesting anything? it means you are not standing. Why are you obligated to stand for a stupid meaningless ritual? who gives a damn if you dont?
The Anthem isnt a ceremony. Its a silly gap in waiting for a game.
Guy, your interpretation of what has meaning and what doesn't is completely your own. I didn't make any of these things mean what they do. They mean something to everyone in here except you. People have differing opinions on whether sitting or standing is acceptable, but people all have an opinion on what the flag represents, based on how they feel they've been treated by this country.

If it isn't a protest to sit during the anthem, then why does Colin Kaepernick specifically acknowledge that he is protesting? So you get to decide what is a protest and what isn't, I guess?

How is this thread not for you, you ask? Because we're all talking about it and you're saying it means nothing, and that you don't care. So why are you here? I don't worship the flag, nobody does. The anthem is something that's meant for people to stand together as Americans. I didn't create that meaning. Read the words of the song.

But Colin doesn't want to stand with America because he thinks, or his movement thinks, that America is oppressing "his people". And that's where this argument began. If you say you stand for something, you better have knowledge for that which you stand. He comes across as very small minded and uninformed. He's a follower.

And the example I gave with the moment of silence absolutely pertains to the subject. Because it's something that you can't quantify it's meaning, but yet it means something to a lot of people.

The flag is no different. It's the same exact principle. It means nothing to YOU. When did you get the impression that anyone needed your permission to recognize a meaning of something, or what it represents?

Maybe if you fought in a war and watched your friends die in the name of freedom, you would have taken pride in sticking that flag in the ground when it was all over, announcing that the war was over and America was free. But that's all silly talk, because you and I weren't there, right?

Well I give a damn. And I don't apologize.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard that, the NFL would fine and suspend me.
burningmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 03:21 AM   #110
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 37
Re: Colin Kaepernick-discuss

Originally Posted by nola_swammi View Post
BUNCH OF NONSENSE!!!!

STOP THE KILLING OF THE INNOCENCT AND THEIR WILL BE NO PROTEST
protesting does nothing in the first place
A.8Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://blackandgold.com/nfl/79369-colin-kaepernick-discuss.html
Posted By For Type Date Hits
Colin Kaepernick-discuss This thread Refback 08-27-2016 09:03 PM 3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts