Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Wow! We got a wake up call !!!!!!

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Originally Posted by poydras Originally Posted by GoldRush26 Oh my lord. After one bad game and people are already giving up. I guess we were supposed to win all of the rest of our games this year. Sad. Because we've ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2006, 06:40 PM   #11
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 594
Re: RE: Wow! We got a wake up call !!!!!!

Originally Posted by poydras
Originally Posted by GoldRush26
Oh my lord.

After one bad game and people are already giving up. I guess we were supposed to win all of the rest of our games this year.

Sad.
Because we've seen it all before. It's not the loss. Everyone loses a couple. It's the way we lost. Playoff teams don't get murdered at home like that.
You mean like when Buffalo killed the Patriots in Foxboro 31-0 a couple years back when the Pats won the Super Bowl??? Yeah i see what you mean.
GoldRush26 is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 06:42 PM   #12
Team Doctor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Deep South
Posts: 856
Re: RE: Wow! We got a wake up call !!!!!!

Originally Posted by GoldRush26
Originally Posted by poydras
Originally Posted by GoldRush26
Oh my lord.

After one bad game and people are already giving up. I guess we were supposed to win all of the rest of our games this year.

Sad.
Because we've seen it all before. It's not the loss. Everyone loses a couple. It's the way we lost. Playoff teams don't get murdered at home like that.
You mean like when Buffalo killed the Patriots in Foxboro 31-0 a couple years back when the Pats won the Super Bowl??? Yeah i see what you mean.
How can you POSSIBLY compare us to the patriots?
poydras is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 06:43 PM   #13
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 2,403
Re: RE: Wow! We got a wake up call !!!!!!

Originally Posted by chRxis
i give them credit for coming out this season and playing hard and getting to 5-1, and again, if you notice i never said i'm giving up on the saints.... moron.... why don't you read my post before responding....
Read the rules, no name calling ChRxis...
LongTimeFan is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 06:44 PM   #14
500th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 690
RE: Re: RE: Wow! We got a wake up call !!!!!!

please tell me you are not seriously comparing that patriots team, with a great coach, to this year's saints team, with a rookie coach.... please tell me you are not that much of a numbskull to even attempt that comparison..... oh wait you already did, which shows me a lot and exactly how much you don't know about football.....
chRxis is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 06:46 PM   #15
Team Doctor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Deep South
Posts: 856
Re: RE: Re: RE: Wow! We got a wake up call !!!!!!

Originally Posted by chRxis
please tell me you are not seriously comparing that patriots team, with a great coach, to this year's saints team, with a rookie coach.... please tell me you are not that much of a numbskull to even attempt that comparison..... oh wait you already did, which shows me a lot and exactly how much you don't know about football.....
Even I knew how ridiculous THAT was!
poydras is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 06:47 PM   #16
500th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 690
RE: Re: RE: Wow! We got a wake up call !!!!!!

it wasn't directed at anyone.... kinda like when you stub your toe and say "sh..." you know what i mean.... it wasn't directed at anyone.... it was a general expression not intended at a specific target... the latter part was meant for him, but the moron part was just me expressing my frustration with the simplistic mindset of the counter part... get it? or is that too many big words for you?
chRxis is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 06:56 PM   #17
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 594
Re: RE: Wow! We got a wake up call !!!!!!

Originally Posted by poydras
Originally Posted by GoldRush26
Originally Posted by poydras
Originally Posted by GoldRush26
Oh my lord.

After one bad game and people are already giving up. I guess we were supposed to win all of the rest of our games this year.

Sad.
Because we've seen it all before. It's not the loss. Everyone loses a couple. It's the way we lost. Playoff teams don't get murdered at home like that.
You mean like when Buffalo killed the Patriots in Foxboro 31-0 a couple years back when the Pats won the Super Bowl??? Yeah i see what you mean.
How can you POSSIBLY compare us to the patriots?
What did you say? You said that "playoff teams don't get murdered at home like that", and I just proved that you were wrong. It happens every year. No I am not comparing the Saints to anyone. That was just one example. I'm sure if I cared to dig around in enough stats I could provide several examples.

I'm just commenting on how ludicrous it is for the two of you to are jumping ship after one bad game. Seems like some people only want to back the team when they are winning games.
GoldRush26 is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 07:04 PM   #18
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 594
Re: RE: Re: RE: Wow! We got a wake up call !!!!!!

Originally Posted by chRxis
please tell me you are not seriously comparing that patriots team, with a great coach, to this year's saints team, with a rookie coach.... please tell me you are not that much of a numbskull to even attempt that comparison..... oh wait you already did, which shows me a lot and exactly how much you don't know about football.....
Nice to revert to name calling to support your argument. Anyway I know enough about football to look at the game for what it was and not instantly predict doom and gloom like a couple of people are doing on here. It was a bad game, to be sure. It was a simple case of losing the turnover battle. When you turnover the ball 5 times, you lose the game, no matter if you're the Patriots or the Oakland Raiders. When you abandon the run game early in the game, you are likely to lose. I'm not going to revert to saying that this team is instantly like the Saints of old just because we suffered a bad loss. And I'm willing to bet that anyone in the know would take my game assessment a lot more seriously than yours.
GoldRush26 is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 07:16 PM   #19
Team Doctor
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Deep South
Posts: 856
Re: RE: Wow! We got a wake up call !!!!!!

Originally Posted by GoldRush26
Originally Posted by poydras
Originally Posted by GoldRush26
Originally Posted by poydras
Originally Posted by GoldRush26
Oh my lord.

After one bad game and people are already giving up. I guess we were supposed to win all of the rest of our games this year.

Sad.
Because we've seen it all before. It's not the loss. Everyone loses a couple. It's the way we lost. Playoff teams don't get murdered at home like that.
You mean like when Buffalo killed the Patriots in Foxboro 31-0 a couple years back when the Pats won the Super Bowl??? Yeah i see what you mean.
How can you POSSIBLY compare us to the patriots?
What did you say? You said that "playoff teams don't get murdered at home like that", and I just proved that you were wrong. It happens every year. No I am not comparing the Saints to anyone. That was just one example. I'm sure if I cared to dig around in enough stats I could provide several examples.

I'm just commenting on how ludicrous it is for the two of you to are jumping ship after one bad game. Seems like some people only want to back the team when they are winning games.
Since I'm not a patriots fan I don't know the circumstances of that game but I can assume that it was an aberation. For us, it's business as usual. For the record, I haven't "jumped ship". I've seen all this before and I was never on the ship. I knew we would have our meltdown eventually. It was great while it lasted. Don't worry. I still have my season tickets and I'll still be at most of the games. I'm just not unrealistic about it.
poydras is offline  
Old 10-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #20
500th Post
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 594
Unreal.
GoldRush26 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 AM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts