Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; [QUOTE=Euphoria;140204]Well the Boo-Birds are going to be out from now on. Get behind your team sure but they get paid a lot of money to put a decent product on the field. What they have been giving us is every ...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 03:33 PM   #31
100th Post
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 259
Talking Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

[QUOTE=Euphoria;140204]Well the Boo-Birds are going to be out from now on. Get behind your team sure but they get paid a lot of money to put a decent product on the field. What they have been giving us is every right for the Boo-Birds to show up.
QUOTE]

You rang?

Couldn't resist.
BooBirdSaint is offline  
Latest Blogs
Saints: A glimpse of the future Last Blog: 11-19-2014 By: lee909


What i tell you ! !! ! Last Blog: 11-02-2014 By: SAINTstunna


MID TERM ELECTION Last Blog: 10-29-2014 By: teddybarexxx


Old 09-26-2007, 09:10 PM   #32
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,458
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

Originally Posted by saintsmissile View Post
Well, I don't know about Dorsey. I like him, but to be honest, H.Thomas and Young were bright spots Monday night. Tenn is a running team and for the most part, we did a good job in the interior. However, I don't know who the best LB or CB is or even LT/RT but we better look there first for sure. Oh yeah and a either shi* or get off the pot with Meachem because Colston is a possession guy. We MUST have a speed wr at the other spot, pure and simple. Henderson is outta here.
They consistantly give up to many big plays... thats not dominating. They get no pressure on the QB. We need pressure we need someone they have to double/triple team to free someone up to rush the QB. They are not getting the job done. DE's need to go, to much money and haven't backed up what they promised (double digit sacks from both of them).
Euphoria is offline  
Old 09-26-2007, 09:14 PM   #33
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,585
Blog Entries: 40
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

If this does not turn around quickly I want the bench playing. Solid rotation through out the rest of the season. I can handle growth easier.
hagan714 is offline  
Old 09-26-2007, 10:21 PM   #34
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 87
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Dude I totally understand you now. You're the type of person who just likes to make BS statements with out really understanding or knowing anything. Blast someones comments or opinions for no reason what so ever nor prove or show facts to make your points. Just running at the mouth with no facts to prove your points... that is an ignorant stance you have taken.

They got lucky and over achieved last year and that has been proven by there play last year in some games and obvious by there play so far this year and an 0-3 record thus far.
Alright, this is the last thing I'll say because you usually prove my point for me anyways, but I can't resist this. You're actually saying that an offensive line in professional football just got lucky for a whole season? What, whenever we played a team they're whole defensive line would just actually fall over an accident? I don't think so dude. And if 0-3 proves that they're terrible this year, then how does 10-6 not prove they were good last year? 10-6, that is my fact to prove my point. Luck is for one game, not 10. 11 if you include playoffs.
Dan the Man is offline  
Old 09-26-2007, 10:52 PM   #35
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,458
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
Alright, this is the last thing I'll say because you usually prove my point for me anyways, but I can't resist this. You're actually saying that an offensive line in professional football just got lucky for a whole season? What, whenever we played a team they're whole defensive line would just actually fall over an accident? I don't think so dude. And if 0-3 proves that they're terrible this year, then how does 10-6 not prove they were good last year? 10-6, that is my fact to prove my point. Luck is for one game, not 10. 11 if you include playoffs.

10 games isn't that great... 10 games is good but not to be considered in the elite. Lose 2 games and you're sitting at 500 ball. Luck can get you more than one game. Now you're just trying to provoke something so lay off.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #36
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 87
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
10 games isn't that great... 10 games is good but not to be considered in the elite. Lose 2 games and you're sitting at 500 ball. Luck can get you more than one game. Now you're just trying to provoke something so lay off.
I'm not trying to provoke anything. And I'm sorry to anyone who thinks I'm a jerk for the comments I've made on this thread. But it annoys me to see someone who calls himself a "fan" try to take away from one of very few good seasons we've ever had by writing it off as luck. I don't know what your problem is, why you can't just believe that we were actually good last year. Being 0-3 this year has nothing to do with last year. There were 8 months between our last game of last season and our first game this season. Are you gonna say that Charles Grant and Will Smith sucked last year too, just because they have no sacks this year? Or that Marques Colston was terrible last year just because he hasn't done much this year? It just makes no sense.
Dan the Man is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 04:26 PM   #37
5000 POSTS! +
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 6,458
Blog Entries: 5
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
I'm not trying to provoke anything. And I'm sorry to anyone who thinks I'm a jerk for the comments I've made on this thread. But it annoys me to see someone who calls himself a "fan" try to take away from one of very few good seasons we've ever had by writing it off as luck. I don't know what your problem is, why you can't just believe that we were actually good last year. Being 0-3 this year has nothing to do with last year. There were 8 months between our last game of last season and our first game this season. Are you gonna say that Charles Grant and Will Smith sucked last year too, just because they have no sacks this year? Or that Marques Colston was terrible last year just because he hasn't done much this year? It just makes no sense.
You are provoking something DUDE! You keep saying "you", this and that. Just state your opinion on a thread and move on. I am not saying we had a bad year but its not as great as a lot of people make it out to be. When you see the play of last year there were holes and when we played against good teams we got spanked. The same problems exist last year, the year before and the year before that. I am saying WE SUCKED on the O-line and D line we just over acheieved last year. If you want to be in games and you want to win consistantly the way to do that is build top -elite, O lines and D lines
You name the DE's like they are something special but until the live up to the hype you create they are still nothing and don't deserve the money they are getting paid. They made promises and obviously so far they aren't living up to it. If you are that great and make a promise or expectations then they should damn well live up to it. THEY ARE NOT.
Euphoria is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 04:56 PM   #38
Pink Nightmare
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 2,897
Blog Entries: 7
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

Here is last years results. To tell you guys the truth...we kinda were LUCKY.

REGULAR SEASON
Sep 10 @ CLEVELAND BROWNS 19 - 14 (barely beat a crappy team)

Sep 17 @ GREEN BAY PACKERS 34 - 27 (same here)

Sep 25 vs. ATLANTA FALCONS 23 - 3 (This should be a no brainer why we won)

Oct 01 @ CAROLINA PANTHERS 18 - 21 (Loss to a good team)

Oct 08 vs. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS 24 - 21 (See first comment)

Oct 15 vs. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 27 - 24 (Lucked up)

Oct 29 vs. BALTIMORE RAVENS 22 - 35 (Lossed to a good team)

Nov 05 @ TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS 31 - 14 (beat a crappy team)

Nov 12 @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS 31 - 38 (see Baltimore comments)

Nov 19 vs. CINCINNATI BENGALS 16 - 31 (loss to a so-so team)

Nov 26 @ ATLANTA FALCONS 31 - 13 (Beat a crappy team again)

Dec 03 vs. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 34 - 10 (see above comment)

Dec 10 @ DALLAS COWBOYS 42 - 17 (Coach P knew the other team)Great win though.

Dec 17 vs. WASHINGTON REDSKINS 10 - 16 (lost to a so-so team)

Dec 24 @ NEW YORK GIANTS 30 - 7 ( beat a crappy team)

Dec 31 vs. CAROLINA PANTHERS 21 - 31 (still got beat)

POSTSEASON
Jan 13 vs. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 27 - 24 (just sqweeked by)

Jan 21 @ CHICAGO BEARS 14 - 39 (got ransacked by a good team)

So yes, I would say we got lucky folks. I am in no way down playing what they did last year because I will remember that season for ever, but luck was a factor.

"We are number one. All others are number two, or lower."
-The Sphinx
http://blackandgold.com/groups/28-ou...tsman-s-corner
SapperSaint is offline  
Old 09-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #39
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CRYSTAL BEACH TEXAS
Posts: 4,100
Re: Bandwagon: THANK YOU!!! See you soon.

Ok, i've heard enough. I'm locking the thread. If you guys can't follow rules then don't post!
JOESAM2002 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2013 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts