Go Back   New Orleans Saints - blackandgold.com > Main > Saints

Franchise Colston?

this is a discussion within the Saints Community Forum; Do you think Saints will franchise Colston..since his contract is almost up..? or long term. He is a beast and will be a top 5 WR each year...

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 09:47 PM   #1
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Haven Ct
Posts: 22,413
Franchise Colston?

Do you think Saints will franchise Colston..since his contract is almost up..? or long term.

He is a beast and will be a top 5 WR each year
QBREES9 is offline  
Old 12-12-2007, 11:15 PM   #2
With an "E"
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Madisonville, LA
Posts: 429
Re: Franchise Colston?

Benson needs to give him a BIG payraise this year!
andersen is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 06:49 AM   #3
LB Mentallity
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,983
Blog Entries: 52
Re: Franchise Colston?

Why? We already committed to paying the guy more money than last years #1. I still can not believe we were stupid enough to paint ourselves into that corner. Colston will get top 10 pay without a doubt. He is in the same league as TJ huch?,,old whats his name. They will have to pay him. Performance money will put him over the top.
hagan714 is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 10:39 AM   #4
Problem?
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 10,942
Re: Franchise Colston?

He'll get an extension during the offseason and will be a Saint for a very long time. He definately deserves it.
papz is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 11:34 AM   #5
100th Post
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Miami
Posts: 424
Re: Franchise Colston?

Originally Posted by papz View Post
He'll get an extension during the offseason and will be a Saint for a very long time. He definately deserves it.
Co-sign. What ever it takes to keep him, but nothing too crazy that'll screw up our cap. Plus, there's not a HUGE market for WRs. Not like there is for QBs (starting and back-up). As far as other competive teams that have a realistic change of winning a Superbowl with him - Eagles (if the keep McNabb), Seahawks, maybe San Deigo if Chris Chambers doesn't step it up, maybe Tampa Bay since Galloway's getting old (although he doesn't look it against us), and maybe Cinny if the trade Chad. But he doesn't want to go somewhere like San Fran or Carolina where, yeah, they'll use him, but they won't win a lot of games.

G504 is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 01:21 PM   #6
Cold as Ice!
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Da Big Easy
Posts: 2,978
Re: Franchise Colston?

10 year deal? lol
FireVenturi is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #7
Boondock Saint
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: F***ing Atlanta
Posts: 302
Re: Franchise Colston?

Originally Posted by G504 View Post
Co-sign. What ever it takes to keep him, but nothing too crazy that'll screw up our cap. Plus, there's not a HUGE market for WRs. Not like there is for QBs (starting and back-up). As far as other competive teams that have a realistic change of winning a Superbowl with him - Eagles (if the keep McNabb), Seahawks, maybe San Deigo if Chris Chambers doesn't step it up, maybe Tampa Bay since Galloway's getting old (although he doesn't look it against us), and maybe Cinny if the trade Chad. But he doesn't want to go somewhere like San Fran or Carolina where, yeah, they'll use him, but they won't win a lot of games.
====

I am sorry but without the WR's you spell disaster for a team long term unless your QB is just absolutely the best in the business.

I think he deserves a top 8-5 WR money without a doubt.
WhoDatQB is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 05:24 PM   #8
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CRYSTAL BEACH TEXAS
Posts: 4,100
Re: Franchise Colston?

This is one of the few that the front office needs to do whatever it takes to keep. Let him continue to grow with Brees. They're good now, in two or three years by playing together they'll be great.
JOESAM2002 is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 08:14 PM   #9
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Richland, MS.
Posts: 2,003
Re: Franchise Colston?

It's a little too soon to be talking about the franchise tag for Colston. He still has two more seasons before he can become an UFA. If I was calling the shots, I would be in serious negotiations on a contract extension with him, once this season is over. No need to panic though, neither the Saints or Colston has to do anything soon.
MatthewT is offline  
Old 12-13-2007, 09:46 PM   #10
1000 Posts +
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: CRYSTAL BEACH TEXAS
Posts: 4,100
Re: Franchise Colston?

Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
It's a little too soon to be talking about the franchise tag for Colston. He still has two more seasons before he can become an UFA. If I was calling the shots, I would be in serious negotiations on a contract extension with him, once this season is over. No need to panic though, neither the Saints or Colston has to do anything soon.
you 're right, but i'd like to see the front office at least start letting him know that if he continues this type of play we want to see him in a Saints uniform for a very long time.
JOESAM2002 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Copyright 1997 - 2014 - BlackandGold.com
no new posts